The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

I’m looking at getting a Sig 320 as personal carry. It felt great in my giant hands & was supposedly the gun of the year. Anyone already have one??

I have no reason to put together a boring rifle with an A frame and stock handguards.

Some people actually have taste.
Lol. Speaking of that, GW if you ever decide to build one I've got brand new handguards, a pistol grip and stock I will donate to the cause. They certainly won't be going back on my rifle.

Well I went and shot my first full IDPA event this week. It was great fun, but I have come to the conclusion I suck. Lol Out of 23 people I finished 21. For the most part my time accuracy wasn't too bad. I'd finished about 10th if it wasn't for clipping a couple hostage targets. I swear those hostage targets move in your way. I look forward to doing another event soon, maybe I'll have the nerves dialed back a little by then.

Well I went and shot my first full IDPA event this week. It was great fun, but I have come to the conclusion I suck. Lol Out of 23 people I finished 21. For the most part my time accuracy wasn't too bad. I'd finished about 10th if it wasn't for clipping a couple hostage targets. I swear those hostage targets move in your way. I look forward to doing another event soon, maybe I'll have the nerves dialed back a little by then.

That's awesome. Keep doing it. You'll be amazed at how quickly your skills advance.

Practice your draw and reloads every night for 15 minutes between now and your next shoot. Smooth is fast. You'll be pleased at how much your time improves.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no reason to put together a boring rifle with an A frame and stock handguards.

Some people actually have taste.

You and holdem are brutal. So I like Colt, and I couldn't build a square with Legos. Cut me some slack.

Work smarter, not harder. Colt is a solid rifle out of the box. Okay, so the trigger sucks...the carry handle is leftover from the 60's...you can store a six-pack of beer inside the hand guards...the sights are leftover from the 70's...it's clunkier than Aunt Maude's Buick...1/9 twist limits your ammo choices...and only one of the four-position stock options is really an option.

Did I mention it's a Colt?

It is a solid gun. The barrel will last longer than I will. The HBAR, once you dial it in, is a tack driver. So after I decided to move into the 21st Century...added an SSA...an Aimpoint PRO...Magpul BUS...Hogue grip...Magpul mags...Surefire Scout light...and a couple of really nice gadgets that GV sent me...I had a 5-star patrol rifle, which is all I need. And once I settled in on the Federal 62gr SBCT JSP round, and sighted it in, I became officially lethal at any range I might have to engage at. Home / Patrol / Zombie Apocalypse. Bring it, I'm ready.

Liked it so much, I bought another one. But this one's in layup, just in case the original develops a fatal fault. This lets me just move everything from "Rifle A" to "Rifle B", and I'm right back where I started from. No?

Could I have done it cheaper? Probably. Better? Probably. Easier? Maybe. But thanks in large part to GV, and some suggestions I got here, I ended up with a solid fighting rifle, and a solid backup plan.

Did I mention they're Colts?

I have certain skills. Navigating a boat, or a submarine. Anywhere. With or without GPS. Dogfighting in a SAFE boat; my specialty. I have left many a Coastie Cox'n in tears after I beat him with his own boat. Traffic stops; pretty good at those. I used to be good at high-risk entries, but age and old knees have reduced me to the guy at the other end of the tac radio. Sometimes, life sucks.

Building an accurate rifle is not my strong suit. So I bought a Colt(s), and then added the things I needed.

I am, however, wise enough to seek my counsel here when I need to know how to turn my clunky old Colt into a good rifle. So I got that goin' for me...

Now...go pick on someone else.

:)

Last edited:
Well, someone is very brand possessive.

Look, GW. The AR is like the ultimate Barbie for men. Yet you choose to outfit your Barbie with the Hello Kitty t-shirt and mom jeans.

BORING!

How about Tacticool Barbie? Or Ninja Barbie? Hard Use Barbie...okay, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, there's thousands of combinations of your Barbie for men.

Don't be the Hello Kitty of the AR world.

Look, GW. The AR is like the ultimate Barbie for men. Yet you choose to outfit your Barbie with the Hello Kitty t-shirt and mom jeans.

BORING!

How about Tacticool Barbie? Or Ninja Barbie? Hard Use Barbie...okay, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, there's thousands of combinations of your Barbie for men.

We've really gotta work on helping you find your sensitive side.....

rifle.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

I was trying to be sensitive.

I mean, you were in the Navy, so I was attempting to find some common ground you could understand by using the Barbie analogy.

Shoulda used the Sailor Girl Barbie dressed in loose bell bottom jeans, loose shirt and a Dixie Cup hat analogy instead.

BORING!

We've probably touched on this before but what do you think are the best "barbie accessories" at this point? I'm a bit of an accuracy nerd so FF handguards matter to me as do triggers. (I like Geissele but really want to try out one of TriggerTech's roller bearing offerings)

What else out there have you run across that you really liked recently?

We've probably touched on this before but what do you think are the best "barbie accessories" at this point? I'm a bit of an accuracy nerd so FF handguards matter to me as do triggers. (I like Geissele but really want to try out one of TriggerTech's roller bearing offerings)

What else out there have you run across that you really liked recently?

I think beauty is in the eye of the beholder so to speak.

I was trying to be sensitive.

I mean, you were in the Navy, so I was attempting to find some common ground you could understand by using the Barbie analogy.

Shoulda used the Sailor Girl Barbie dressed in loose bell bottom jeans, loose shirt and a Dixie Cup hat analogy instead.

Navy, yes. But I was on submarines, so you should have went with the "Village People" theme.

VN Store

Back