The Official 2nd Amendment Appreciation Thread

It’s a front office pic and I did ask before doing so

On another note: I have never seen so much ammo in my life. There is enough here to make GV blush.

The actually manufacture the ammo here. Truck loads of any and all of the major calibers.

There is nothing that would make me blush.

There is nothing that would make me blush.

I got to talk to one of the engineers. He loads various rounds and tests them to find the best of best loads.

He recommended federal fusion and the sig ht 150 for my 308. (Pushing 2820-2850 FPS)
Also stated the same as you on my 223. He said 55gr will do ok but the 62gr will shine with my 1:7 twist.
The tech used to test fire these rounds is so damn cool. Computers monitor everything

What I do find odd, the lady that came in and replaced the ballistic gels, shot them with a standard old daisy B.B. gun.
I’m going to inquire about that after lunch.

What I do find odd, the lady that came in and replaced the ballistic gels, shot them with a standard old daisy B.B. gun.

I’m going to inquire about that after lunch.

Basically, they use the depth of penetration of the individual BB to determine whether or not the ballistic gel will give an accurate reading. It doesn't seem very "scientific" but it is the way it's done to check the "calibration" of the gel itself.

Don't ask me the proper depth, I couldn't tell you. I just know that's what it's for.

Basically, they use the depth of penetration of the individual BB to determine whether or not the ballistic gel will give an accurate reading. It doesn't seem very "scientific" but it is the way it's done to check the "calibration" of the gel itself.

Don't ask me the proper depth, I couldn't tell you. I just know that's what it's for.

Thank you sir.

BB at 600 fps to about 3.5". It can be +/- that a little but I can't recall exactly how much.

He doesn't need your help.

:)

She doesn't have rails on her E-11 Blaster Rifle either.

HXVmH.jpg

Real Avid kit (and mat) arrived. They will make cleaning easier. Good choice.

2nd AR6721 arrives tomorrow. FFL will inspect and accept if as advertised, then call me.

Rock ships Friday. Coming home with Trijicon sights, new mainspring, new guide rod and spring, and a "tightening up". Armscor folks impressed me. I got to talk to the guy working on my gun, and he told me "You sent us a good gun, and we're sending a better one back." Complimented me on sending him a spotless gun. They test fire before they return, and he told me I'd be really pleased with it when I get it back. Obviously, he's never seen me shoot...lol.

Wife's stepfather passed away this morning. Thanks for the prayers. Not trying to down the thread, but I had been updating, so...there it is. He'd been ill for a long time. Wife will go up next week and spend a couple of weeks with her Mom. Circle of life goes on, as always.

Thanks to GV and me, I'm so broke I can't pay attention. Gonna have to sit tight for awhile until I build the savings account back up. But I'm in a good spot, particularly with regards to my AR('s) in terms of a great patrol rifle; a backup platform; mags; and ammo. Took me years to finally start realizing the full potential of the AR platform, and now that I have...well, I'm broke. But happy.

Roughly 3 weeks until we head north to the Holy Land...the Smokies. Counting the days already.

And from what I'm hearing, we might actually have a football team this year. 'bout time.

Keep Safe, and Go Vols.

sorry about the wife's stepfather

So, my plan was to leave the backup AR in the closet until I had the time to go "shoot it in".

Can't do it. It's just sitting there...begging me to break it out and do something with it.

So I'm gonna get it out later and give it a good, deep cleaning. Besides, I noticed there's all kinds of sticky stuff on the barrel (Cosmoline?).

No sense in posting a pic. It's a stock AR6721. Great shooting gun, but nothing much to look at.

Yet...

;)

So, my plan was to leave the backup AR in the closet until I had the time to go "shoot it in".

Can't do it. It's just sitting there...begging me to break it out and do something with it.

So I'm gonna get it out later and give it a good, deep cleaning. Besides, I noticed there's all kinds of sticky stuff on the barrel (Cosmoline?).

No sense in posting a pic. It's a stock AR6721. Great shooting gun, but nothing much to look at.

Yet...

;)

Windex...

FWIW the SA deals were pretty much limited to their polymer pistols, the 911 that is competing with SiG 380, and a couple of 1911 models in 9mm. Nothing I wanted.

Help me, ObiWan...you're our only hope.....

Windex works wonders on cleaning off the factory gunk they apply and cleaning down to the metal for you to apply your own lubricant. Kind of like that 5W-40 synthetic motor oil I advised.

Clean, allow parts to dry, oil with $38 an ounce lizard lube or toad oil or whatever (or $10 a quart Castrol Edge), shoot 210 rounds, clean, clean, clean, store.

And GW, it very well could be a thin coat of Cosmoline they applied, though I've never cared enough to find out. But for long term storage, it is hard to beat so long as you completely seal the pack.

And GW, it very well could be a thin coat of Cosmoline they applied, though I've never cared enough to find out. But for long term storage, it is hard to beat so long as you completely seal the pack.

Got it cleaned. Sticky gunk was mostly around the muzzle end of the barrel. So it's clean, bagged, and guarded by dessicant until I get the time to shoot it in.

This one came as a flat top with a Magpul BUS and Magpul 30-rd mag. My first one (circa 2009) came with the detachable handle and two aluminum 20-rd mags. Markings are a tad different; this one doesn't have the "Military / LE Only" stamp. Standard LBD serial #, and all of the Colt marks are there. M4 feed ramps, FA BCG, etc.

So they're not making the 6721 any more? If not, maybe I just keep this one in layup. Is there a resale advantage in "never fired"? Just curious. If not, then at some point I'll probably start adding on, starting with an SSA.

I'll hang up and listen...

VN Store

Back