Back to orange pants? According to Pruitt

Stormtroopers on the road.

Orange jersey, white pants for home games against Bama, Florida, and Georgia.

Orange jersey, orange pants for home games against Vandy and Kentucky.

Excepting the 1991 game a Notre Dame, the Vols haven't had much luck in the orange pants.

listen, i love UT orange, and much prefer the orange jerseys to the greys, but lets keep the orange pants in the closet lol. White on White looks clean and Orange on White looks even better

I'm ok with those uniforms being the main home and road uniforms, but we should wear all orange and white/orange at least once a year.

I mean sometimes I get bored of the stormtrooper look so much; if you have orange pants then use them some.

Reactions: 1 person
Excepting the 1991 game a Notre Dame, the Vols haven't had much luck in the orange pants.

Not sure where you've been, but we haven't had much luck in the the white pants lately either.

I mean if we're "going there", we just had our worst season ever and we wore white pants for 11 of the games and none were in orange.

Also, our last top 10 win was in the orange pants if I'm not mistaken.

Orange pants were common until the Fulmer years, if you’re leaving them out, you’re leaving out an awful lot of tradition.

OP when I first read this I thought CJP was going to start wearing orange pants and instantly got sick to my stomach thinking about Dooley..... Shewwww..... Disaster avoided.

Lol, he does that all the time, its that nasty EB wine he drinks. He's only concerned with being right, so, do you agree with each statement separately?

Why should I be concerned about being right when I'm always right?:)...EB wine, or not.

And coming from the guy that wrote:

"This is my opinion as well, and should be everyone's because it is the correct one." :)

Last edited:
So:
1) say unis don't matter and disparage those having the discussion in a thread about unis

Grow a set, snowflake.

2) then make a definitive statement on uni color

Well, orange and white are UT's colors....aren't they?

3) then defend that statement with another statement comparing two issues that aren't necessarily related. i.e. no talent has been recruited.

People post on here all the time how the recruits love the grey unis...as in that's a reason they chose to come to UT. Again, UT was 4-8 last season. Not saying that no talent has been recruited to UT, but if that talent chose UT because of a grey uniform then in showed up on the field last season. [/QUOTE]

So, uni color doesn't matter until you say it does?

Not sure of the point you're trying to make unless you're trying to get on Behr's good side.

Why should I be concerned about being right when I'm always right?:)...EB wine, or not.

And coming from the guy that wrote:

"This is my opinion as well, and should be everyone's because it is the correct one." :)

You ok buddy? Fall and ding your sense of humor? :good!:

Always wear Orange pants home or away vs Florida , UGA, Bama and Auburn, SEC Title game and CFP games.

White pants for non-rival opponents. I’m fine with Smoky greys once a year vs a South Carolina, UK , Missouri or any West opponent not named Bama or Auburn. Sprinkle in a retro looking uni with 2 pant leg stripes occasionally and I think that you keep tradition while maintaining a certain current appeal as well.

I think these all look sharp.

Attachments

• 6AE70FDD-9206-4F33-AEA8-7B4563364614.jpg
    6AE70FDD-9206-4F33-AEA8-7B4563364614.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 6
  • D01AE8CD-1138-4F92-8252-D28AB1797124.jpg
    D01AE8CD-1138-4F92-8252-D28AB1797124.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 2FA58282-B1A9-45E0-8124-065DA4582472.jpg
    2FA58282-B1A9-45E0-8124-065DA4582472.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: 2 people
i'm just glad we're not having to beg for the fat stripe on the helmet anymore.

VN Store

Back