Should NICO MASCIA be in line up?????

Those freshmen coming in have to know that there is 36 on the roster right now,,,, with only 2 seniors. That’s a lot of kids leaving or being asked to leave. Or a lot of redshirt freshmen. I don’t know how he will do it. We can’t go into next year with 28 freshmen and only 7 players held over from this year. Won’t work. You think we where young this year???? LOL. We will be younger. Than a lot of Jr colleges next year if we do that.

I found this interesting and I'm wondering if you guys can help me understand. I'm new to college baseball so I know enough to be dangerous. Lol.

I know that they have to split up the scholarships into partials, but is it normal to carry that many on a team? And when does the 2018 class enroll assuming they don't sign with the MLB?

TIA

I found this interesting and I'm wondering if you guys can help me understand. I'm new to college baseball so I know enough to be dangerous. Lol.

I know that they have to split up the scholarships into partials, but is it normal to carry that many on a team? And when does the 2018 class enroll assuming they don't sign with the MLB?

TIA

New freshman typically enroll for the second summer semester to help then get acclimated to the program and school. So majority of the 2018 class will be at UT in July of this year. The maximum official roster number based on ncaa guidelines is 35. You can carry less but I havent seen a team do that.

New freshman typically enroll for the second summer semester to help then get acclimated to the program and school. So majority of the 2018 class will be at UT in July of this year. The maximum official roster number based on ncaa guidelines is 35. You can carry less but I havent seen a team do that.

Thanks! 👍

Along with not catching 3 games in a row, maybe Benny needs a new catchers mitt. One like the catchers used while catching Phil Niekro. Big...really big...that doesn’t have the trampoline built into the pocket, like the one he has now. That way all the pitches won’t bounce out and they have a chance to be strikes. Strikes are good by the way. Then, while he has his day off, someone can teach him how to block up...and teach him how to not backhand the ball when he does try to block up. Then, they can teach him how to transfer the ball to his throwing hand without it flying backwards towards the backstop. They might even have time to show him how to frame a pitch without jumping around behind the plate for no reason. May even have time to work on not striking out ...Jus’ sayin’...

:eek:lol:

He should be starting.

Benito is batting .108 in SEC games. If offense is why he is starting over Mascia, that makes no sense and it can't be defense, good grief.

Then I watch what Kole Cottam is doing for UK, who went to school 15 minutes from campus, I get CDS thought he had his guy...but wow, what a miss. .719 slugging%...

Reactions: 1 person
That's what we do.
We eat our own because of mistakes made

Dumbass coaches for playing them

Last edited:
Not sure if Evan Russell has ever caught however he looks like a catcher.....and is tuff as crap. Did you see him take the 94 mph fastball off the knee cap and sprinted to 1st base? Now that was bada$$!

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back