UF Spring Game

If you think it’s possible to sustain Top 15 recruiting classes at Mississippi State year over year, then we should go ahead and agree to disagree.
Why do you believe that. Look in your own history LW. Before some cat named Spurrier returned to Gainesburg, FU was perpetually down there with the other dead plankton.

Why do you believe that. Look in your own history LW. Before some cat named Spurrier returned to Gainesburg, FU was perpetually down there with the other dead plankton.

Because since integration and our state population boom in the mid/late 1970s, the Mississippi schools have been irrelevant in college football.

And because in the modern era, two of the most successful coaches at Ole Miss and MSU were busted for cheating.

History tells us it’s very difficult for Ole Miss and MSU to keep a consistent winner on the field, let alone a consistent championship contender.

Last edited:
Your argument against Mullen is based on him not accomplishing something at Mississippi State that likely no other coach has accomplished there.

If you don’t think Mullen can pull top recruits to UF, that remains to be seen. I’m curious to know the answer too, and the jury is out.

If you think it’s possible to sustain Top 15 recruiting classes at Mississippi State year over year, then we should go ahead and agree to disagree.

I'm thinking the past is prologue and I don't believe he likes to recruit. But who knows, maybe he's going to be a beast on the recruiting trail.

You mean 3* recruit Dak Prescott who got offers LSU, Louisiana Tech, Memphis, North Texas and TCU?

As if Prescott was some can’t miss, 5* Tim Tebow/Deshaun Watson clone who required little to no coaching or development on Mullen’s part. :eek:lol:

LSU offer was for tight end only

Nick Fitz literally had zero offers worth mentioning

I think he had one other besides MSU and that was like middle Tennessee

Name 3 head coaches better with QBs/offense then Mullen

Harbaugb might have been one recently but not atm

Last edited:
Mullen can develop QBs that is a fact! But it also has to be a QB that fits his system I beleive, Not sure he will adjust his system that much for a different QB. JMHO!

Tim Tebow and Chris Leak couldn’t be anymore different

As much as finding a QB is important it’s also about putting that Fla talent and speed around him

And UF will surprise a lot of folks with all the talent Mcelwaine was about to waste if he got a 4th year

Just need to put together decent OL and find average QB for some of these guys to finally shine

Jordan Scarlett could run for 1200+ and 10 td easy

Van Jefferson could have a 1000 rec yds easy

Copeland or Toney could thrive in Percy Harvin type position

Also Malik Davis is getting healthy him along with Scarlett, Lemons, and very promising trufrosh Dameon Pierce UF is frickin loaded at RB

Also at WR too really just need billy g to teach em what the last guy wasn’t

Last edited:

As much as finding a QB is important it’s also about putting that Fla talent and speed around him

And UF will surprise a lot of folks with all the talent Mcelwaine was about to waste if he got a 4th year

Just need to put together decent OL and find average QB for some of these guys to finally shine

Also Malik Davis is getting healthy him along with Scarlett, Lemons, and very promising trufrosh Dameon Pierce UF is frickin loaded at RB

That's all? :blink: :)

When in doubt, I'd take the guy that did more with less (Mullen) than the guy that did less with more (Sumlin).

Sumlin underachieved at A&M just as much as Butch did at Tennessee, maybe even more. I think it is telling that far and away Sumlin's best year was his first, which featured a Heisman winner he didn't even recruit and truly develop. His teams got worse the longer he stayed there, and he wasn't even able to keep on the team, much less develop, the 5-star QBs he did recruit.

Must have me confused I don't remember saying anything about Sumlin. I just don't think Mullen will necessarily be the answer for Florida.

He is semi successful as a head coach but never really got offered a big job until now. Just not a believer in Mullen, Yet!

He may be great but I am a wait and see kind of guy. Just not sold on Mullen, I would be saying the same thing if he was hired at Tennessee!

i feel like your a TN fan that's been planted in the FL fanbase to pump sunshine. like a FL bizzaro d4h or something.

Reactions: 1 person

He was running Meyers offense with Leake and Tebow not his own back then, They are similar but still different.

But I completely agree Florida has tons of talent that hasn't been developed or wasn't utilized properly under McElwain!

I don't think you guys will surprise anyone looking at your schedule! You have 8 wins for sure and really should win 10 if Mullen is half the coach that we think he is, But McElwain won the SEC east 2 times in 3 years, I am just sayign that Mullen is gonna have to compete for the SEC East quickly or he may not be there long. Short leash in Florida!

It wasn't a knock on Florida it was an opinion on their situation!

Must have me confused I don't remember saying anything about Sumlin. I just don't think Mullen will necessarily be the answer for Florida.

He is semi successful as a head coach but never really got offered a big job until now. Just not a believer in Mullen, Yet!

He may be great but I am a wait and see kind of guy. Just not sold on Mullen, I would be saying the same thing if he was hired at Tennessee!

So, you're really not sure about Mullen...

and ftr, i'm not looking to devolve this in to a 'who's got it worse' conversation...just that there are some similarities between our two programs, and where we really are right now.

the race back up the hill will be interesting to watch.

Hmmmmm....

Over time, the last 5-10 seasons, I'm going to say defensive line.

If you go back far enough to include the Dooley years, you're probably right about the D-line being worse than the O-line. Dooley actually had offensive lines that could pass protect but not run block. Over the last couple of years the offensive line hasn't been able to do either of those things.

What's really sad is that the defensive line the last few years actually has had a lot of talent. In isolated instances that talent has shown itself (Derek Barnett). For the most part it has not.

Spread offense?

Its all Debateable but I would Say Chip Kelly, Lane Kiffen, and Bobby Patrino and that is just off the top of my head I am sure there are more!

Harbaugh has done nothing at Michigan, He is a side show and nothing else!!! Michigan's QBs look like garbage!

Last edited:
Its all Debateable but I would Say Chip Kelly, Lane Kiffen, and Bobby Patrino and that is just off the top of my head I am sure there are more!

Harbaugh has done nothing at Michigan, He is a side show and nothing else!!! Michigan's QBs look like garbage!
Petrino at Louisville has been rather unimpressive this time around

He lost a lot of games with a heisman quarterback it seemed like after they blew out FSU **** kinda went downhill and they went like .500 after that

VN Store

Back