The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

NEWS: Matt Kenseth to rejoin Roush Fenway Racing, return to NASCAR Cup Series competition in 2018, sources confirm to SB Nation

According to NASCAR writer Jordan Bianchi, the 2003 Cup Series champion will take over the No. 6 car for Trevor Bayne on May 12 at Kansas. Kenseth and Bayne will split duties in the Roush Fenway car for the remainder of the season and the plans will be announced on Wednesday per the report.

So in other news, Trevor Bayne is on his way out? Bizarre move at this point. Bayne has been struggling, but to be fair, RFR equipment isn’t what it was. Kenseth is an upgrade, but he isn’t going to fare that much better, IMO. Maybe he can be a spark for that team.

Edit: I forget that Trevor was diagnosed with MS in 2013.

Last edited:
So in other news, Trevor Bayne is on his way out? Bizarre move at this point. Bayne has been struggling, but to be fair, RFR equipment isn’t what it was. Kenseth is an upgrade, but he isn’t going to fare that much better, IMO. Maybe he can be a spark for that team.

Edit: I forget that Trevor was diagnosed with MS in 2013.

I think his disease is starting to catch up with him and I hate that for him. We will find out if the equipment at Roush is just that bad or if it's been the driver IMO when Kenseth is behind the wheel.

Wasn’t a bad race. We sat high enough up we could see the whole track. I’d go back

VN Store

Back