Knoxville Restaurants

Tried Gus's Fried Chicken last night. I liked the spicy coating. My wife doesn't care for cayenne pepper. The sides were OK. Their famous mac n cheese tasted like Stouffer's.

Reactions: 1 person
Burger Stop in East Towne was good. Kept hearing it was worth the trip and I agree.

Sad seeing the rest of the mall though. What a shell of it's former self.

There was a small local chain that was in business when I was at UT. The owner was spending his business income on trips to Florida for himself and cute waitresses that liked to do cocaine with him. Most of the employees paychecks were bouncing and they were told to keep working, that the money would be in there the next pay period. That happened on and off for a few months until the business owner was arrested.

I bet there's a similar situation going on right now, with an owner using the business as his personal piggy bank. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if drugs were at the root of the problem.

What a ****ing leap.

I can't believe that the SW corner of KP and Campbell Station has been flattened. Originally a Ruby Tuesday IIRC.

Silver Spoon.

I swore that somebody told me Tim Love was opening a place there. It looks like they are building a little town center with multiple parcels available (I know Starbucks already has one).

Burger Stop in East Towne was good. Kept hearing it was worth the trip and I agree.

Sad seeing the rest of the mall though. What a shell of it's former self.

Someone told me the new owners have a plan and they're not renewing any leases or accepting any new clients. Anyone else heard that?

Someone told me the new owners have a plan and they're not renewing any leases or accepting any new clients. Anyone else heard that?

Yes I've heard that along with countless other rumours for years. I know this much, if they don't bring in some major retailers quick they should bulldoze the joint. The perimeter road alone is enough to run off the average shopper.

Yes I've heard that along with countless other rumours for years. I know this much, if they don't bring in some major retailers quick they should bulldoze the joint. The perimeter road alone is enough to run off the average shopper.

Was it not recently purchased? Like a year or so?

The owners threatened to raise rent to tenants by 5 fold. Scifi City who was there since like 1993 left and got his own store off Broadway. Before he left the mall owners called him and said they'd keep his rent the same but move him to a smaller location. This all happened back in December. One of the owners(Knoxville Partners LLC), Brant Enderle was sued for shady business practices for several other locations around Knoxville and Morristown. I don't believe anything good is going to happen to Knoxville Center until changes are made.

I work out at the golds gym there. We were told friday by the manager that the gym is shutting down permanently on May 16th.

To go along with what was said about the owners not renewing any leases, he said that they were told that they are gonna eventually tear down the entire mall & put up condo’s

The owners threatened to raise rent to tenants by 5 fold. Scifi City who was there since like 1993 left and got his own store off Broadway. Before he left the mall owners called him and said they'd keep his rent the same but move him to a smaller location. This all happened back in December. One of the owners(Knoxville Partners LLC), Brant Enderle was sued for shady business practices for several other locations around Knoxville and Morristown. I don't believe anything good is going to happen to Knoxville Center until changes are made.

Dang! That's depressing. I guess just because you have money doesn't mean you're the sharpest pencil in the box.

I work out at the golds gym there. We were told friday by the manager that the gym is shutting down permanently on May 16th.

To go along with what was said about the owners not renewing any leases, he said that they were told that they are gonna eventually tear down the entire mall & put up condo’s

That makes some sense as to why they're trying to run everyone off.

There is a new Stock Burgers in Lenoir City. It just opened last week. I didn't go but will check it out the next time I'm in LC.

There is a new Stock Burgers in Lenoir City. It just opened last week. I didn't go but will check it out the next time I'm in LC.

They changed the name of the one in Powell to The Burgers. I’m guessing they were sued by the owners of Stock and Barrel.

A girl who used to bartend with us is the GM there. From what she's said on Facebook, things have gone well so far

VN Store

Back