The Walking Dead

Just finished watching the finale.

Nothing really major happened except for a handful of Saviors getting killed.

Also, are they trying to make Maggie a villain all the sudden? Wtf?

I’m also kind of disappointed we didn’t get a Whisperer teaser in the end.

Oh well.

Just finished watching the finale.

Nothing really major happened except for a handful of Saviors getting killed.

Also, are they trying to make Maggie a villain all the sudden? Wtf?

I’m also kind of disappointed we didn’t get a Whisperer teaser in the end.

Oh well.

I don’t understand that whole bit. Just go kill him and tell Rick to screw himself if he gets upset. Over and done.

well they're apparently keeping with the books in keeping negan alive.

tactics wise, it's not a good move. i'm sure there'll be consequences for it, one way or the other. and im not sure i like the idea of the group splintering in to warring factions.

on the plus side, i thought the Fear premier was pretty strong.

Apparently there is another walking dead character making a jump to fear...has not been revealed yet.

That finale was terrible. Yeah they kept with the basic story of the comic, but the execution on screen was just SyFy movie bad. They keep trying to make this show seem like a strong drama but the acting and dialogue are both so wooden and bad that it makes the show worse.

It certainly wasn't a great payoff for the long drawn out season.

That finale was terrible. Yeah they kept with the basic story of the comic, but the execution on screen was just SyFy movie bad. They keep trying to make this show seem like a strong drama but the acting and dialogue are both so wooden and bad that it makes the show worse.

It certainly wasn't a great payoff for the long drawn out season.

Agreed. It seemed rushed and half assed done.

I also don’t like the added storyline with Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl turning on Rick. Seems uneccessary.

Agreed. It seemed rushed and half assed done.

I also don’t like the added storyline with Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl turning on Rick. Seems uneccessary.

definitely. felt forced. the only part i thought was cool was finding out Eugene sabotaged the saviors.

past that....after 2 years of this story...ugh. i'm expecting the NY harbor fireworks show on July 4th, and all i got was some bottle rockets. i wanted Governor/Rick level fight. someone needed to get killed.

and i knew when the show opened with rick and little Carl walking down a dirt road along the fence line, that this show was going to be mainly a let down.

they should have never left Atlanta.:p

I hate to keep pointing this out, but they keep making the veteran characters do incredibly stupid things. Rick who usually does head shots from 2 miles away can't hit a stumbling Negan, Negan hides behind a tree and Rick....just keeps shooting at the tree. Then is perplexed he's out of bullets. Then runs towards Negan and runs.....right at the side of the tree where Negan can easly jump out and tackle him.

I felt All Out War could have lasted 1st half of Season 8 then 2nd half could have been the Whisperer build up.

Then Season 9 could start out with Alpha’s introduction.

The War was drug out way too long and there was a lot of uneccessary filler that wasn’t needed.

WTF??? So next season is Hilltop vs Alexandria???

and what are Whisperers?

Probably people that everyone will want to kill, but won't when they have the opportunity.

They'll just talk to them in a real growly voice for 5 minutes about the state of the world and about what they're going to do, then they'll do something stupid like not shoot them in the head.

Last edited:
Definitely one of the more ‘meh’ finales. Definitely things I could complain about but it’s just par for the course on this show. I think I was still more underwhelmed by the S3 finale with the Governor just being run off. This one comes close though

The Fear premier was ok but felt more like a TWD Morgan episode. They have a good bit of explai
explaining to do between the time jump and how the core group got back together.

Probably people that everyone will want to kill, but won't when they have the opportunity.

They'll just talk to them in a real growly voice for 5 minutes about the state of the world and about what they're going to do, then they'll do something stupid like not shoot them in the head.

this whole post should have a spoiler tag.:)

Reactions: 1 person
Now the show becomes, when does Negan escape and regain power?

Listening to his monologues while caged. Great.

ditto, first thing i thought of as well. the guy will be running the hilltop from a cell, unbeknownst to everyone that's supposedly in charge.:crazy:

The true jail cell is in Alexandria. Morgan was the one that built it. That has to be where Negan will be held.

They should have finished off Negan. Keeping him alive just leaves an opportunity for him to escape. Not to mention you know there will still be people loyal to Negan who are on the down low.

I don’t get the set up with Maggie. She makes it out like they are going to take out Rick and Michonne. Talking isn’t going to work?

one thing that I thought was convenient was how EVERY savior had Eugene billets in the chamber. Were they completely out? Did Eugene make sure they all put the new bullets in first?

I don’t get the set up with Maggie. She makes it out like they are going to take out Rick and Michonne. Talking isn’t going to work?

one thing that I thought was convenient was how EVERY savior had Eugene billets in the chamber. Were they completely out? Did Eugene make sure they all put the new bullets in first?

most of the guns they were using, used clips, so yeah, i'm sure Eugene and his crew were tasked with preparing them for the 'battle'.

VN Store

Back