The Official NASCAR Talk Thread

I doubt he will reach Johnson and Gordon in wins but he’s amongst the best. How far is he away from Petty in wins across all divisions?

I doubt he will reach Johnson and Gordon in wins but he’s amongst the best. How far is he away from Petty in wins across all divisions?

If he wins 40 more that'll put him at 84, tied with Waltrip and Allison. That would be an average of 4 wins per year for the next 10. Certainly not out of the question.

At some point he'll hit that wall where he's not among the elite anymore. Gordon did. Johnson may be there now, time will tell. The question is when. Kyle is 32 right now. Many drivers are still competeing at a high level well into their 40s.

If he wins 40 more that'll put him at 84, tied with Waltrip and Allison. That would be an average of 4 wins per year for the next 10. Certainly not out of the question.

At some point he'll hit that wall where he's not among the elite anymore. Gordon did. Johnson may be there now, time will tell. The question is when. Kyle is 32 right now. Many drivers are still competeing at a high level well into their 40s.

NASCAR is more competitive in this era that drivers hit that wall earlier. Gordon hit his wall after the 07 season, in which he dominated but didn’t win the championship. I think the elite years for JJ are over, but he still has a few wins left in him.

NASCAR is more competitive in this era that drivers hit that wall earlier. Gordon hit his wall after the 07 season, in which he dominated but didn’t win the championship. I think the elite years for JJ are over, but he still has a few wins left in him.

He figuratively hit the wall after Las Vegas 2008 when he literally hit the wall with no safer barrier

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I despise Kyle Busch but the guy is just damn good. He can drive anything with 4 wheels on it and win. Not many can say that.

I do agree with you guys that Johnson is on the back end of his run. He may get that 8th championship before it's done though.

30073306_10155439285502129_1189760186921466628_o.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back