Very early Top 25 - UT #5

Teams reload and some teams will improve like we did this year. 15-18 is about right. Maybe a little bit better. Like 12-18.

We will continue to fall in the rankings because that’s just the nature of the hacks that write this stuff. They are meaningless rankings anyway.

Yup, doesn’t mean much other than some national pub.

If you keep Darrington he’s not getting 10-15mpg, those minutes are going to Bone/Turner/Bowden.

I 100% disagree, we lose 2-3 more games this year if we don’t have Daniel...especially early on and Barnes said as much.

Whoever we add needs to be better than giving the minutes to those 3 and better than the rest of the roster of they aren’t an impact player IMO.

I’m not expecting us to add anything more than another James Daniel. Someone who can give us some backup minutes and that’s about it.

Reactions: 1 person
Whoever we add needs to be better than giving the minutes to those 3 and better than the rest of the roster of they aren’t an impact player IMO.

I’m not expecting us to add anything more than another James Daniel. Someone who can give us some backup minutes and that’s about it.

i think you're probably right.

i really think next year hinges on whether or not Williams develops more to his game, how Alexander develops...he could be a force inside.

and bone and turner. what can they do to make more opportunities for themselves, and help make the other guys better around them? i'm not sure how much better bowden can get....?

i think for this team to make a really deep run, they'd have to get a difference maker. but if we don't, this team is perfectly capable of getting back to a 2nd buy in the SEC tournament, and maybe an elite 8 run, depending on match ups.

i think you're probably right.

i really think next year hinges on whether or not Williams develops more to his game, how Alexander develops...he could be a force inside.

and bone and turner. what can they do to make more opportunities for themselves, and help make the other guys better around them? i'm not sure how much better bowden can get....?

i think for this team to make a really deep run, they'd have to get a difference maker. but if we don't, this team is perfectly capable of getting back to a 2nd buy in the SEC tournament, and maybe an elite 8 run, depending on match ups.

I’m hoping for a deeper tourney run. I’m not expecting as many wins in the regular season as of right now.

I’m hoping for a deeper tourney run. I’m not expecting as many wins in the regular season as of right now.

me neither. i don't see us winning the reg season again. but top 4, double buy....i think that's reasonable.

and i'd really like to win the SEC tourney for once.

the personnel we have on this team, if they do get better, enhance their game a bit, i mean, really, we could do some damage.....we aren't going to suck. that's for sure.

Daniel "single-handedly" saved about 2 or 3 games this year just by being able to come in the game and stabilize/run the offense when Bone acted like he didn't have a CLUE as to what to do. Also, Daniel hit some KEY shots in big time moments during games.

Let’s use Justin Coleman as an example, to me that’s an impact player...like I said a guy who going to appear in all 30 games, and give us 10-15mpg. He will help us win a few games that we might not have without him, to me that’s an impact player.

If they add Koby McEwen that’s an impact player for the following 2 years, he wouldn’t impact next year because he has to sit a year, but you’re talking about a very talented player that will have no shortage of suitors.

What is the better season?

23-7(13-5), 3 seed, lose in R32

Or

20-10(10-8), 7 seed, lose in S16

Or

18-12(9-9), 9 seed, lose in E8

What is the better season?

23-7(13-5), 3 seed, lose in R32

Or

20-10(10-8), 7 seed, lose in S16

Or

18-12(9-9), 9 seed, lose in E8

It’s a tournament sport so tournament weighs more. Program history has to be taken into account. We have one elite 8 in our history. Hard to really answer that question but you could make a case for two of those being the best. Probably 1 or 3 though and not 2.

I’m not dogging our season at all. Bummed how we finished though. Especially since it’s the best draw we will ever get.

It’s a tournament sport so tournament weighs more. Program history has to be taken into account. We have one elite 8 in our history. Hard to really answer that question but you could make a case for two of those being the best. Probably 1 or 3 though and not 2.

I’m not dogging our season at all. Bummed how we finished though. Especially since it’s the best draw we will ever get.

Wasn’t saying you were, just an honest question that I’m not sure I know the answer to. Michigan fans probably view it as one of their best seasons ever even though until March it was a pretty average season for them.

Pearls 31-5 team only made S16 team, probably greatest regular season in Tennessee history but is it greatest overall season? Hard to decide how to weigh each.

Wasn’t saying you were, just an honest question that I’m not sure I know the answer to. Michigan fans probably view it as one of their best seasons ever even though until March it was a pretty average season for them.

Pearls 31-5 team only made S16 team, probably greatest regular season in Tennessee history but is it greatest overall season? Hard to decide how to weigh each.

Let’s just be awesome at both regular season and the tournament.

I'm surprised so many of you are shocked we are ranked right about where we belong. I told several before the tourney started if we made an elite eight or better run we'd be pre season top 5. Otherwise we will be in the 8-10 range.

This team is far better than you guys are giving them credit for, if not for a lucky bounce from a nun who sold her soul for a final four run this team probably loses to Nova by 15 in the championship. Cause nobody was stopping them that night.

Not sure if Tennessee will take a look but Zach Johnson is leaving FGCU as a grad transfer. (Me sad 😞) I’ve heard Florida is interested.

Would give us more than Daniel gave us this year, depending what Barnes is looking for imo different skill set and athlete than Daniel was

I'd say easily Top 10, with a good shot at a 1 seed.

Everyone is back. That alone is generally enough for a significant jump, and it was a top 15 team already.

I'm surprised so many of you are shocked we are ranked right about where we belong. I told several before the tourney started if we made an elite eight or better run we'd be pre season top 5. Otherwise we will be in the 8-10 range.

This team is far better than you guys are giving them credit for, if not for a lucky bounce from a nun who sold her soul for a final four run this team probably loses to Nova by 15 in the championship. Cause nobody was stopping them that night.

I think Michigan would have beaten Tennessee, but agree wholeheartedly with everything else.

I think Michigan would have beaten Tennessee, but agree wholeheartedly with everything else.

Entirely depends on which Bone shows up for them I believe.

The one who looks like a backup that Mike D'Antoni would want on his team? Or the one who looks like he wouldn't start for a good D2 school?

If bone can get more games like the first compared to the latter, we will be a nearly impossible to guard team at all positions.

The season doesn't start till March elite 8 or bust.:thud:We are Tennessee the new basketball school, since we don't play football anymore skip the football season and move on to Basketball, now i know how the Kentucky fans have felt over the last few years, move over KENTUCKY Tennessee is the new KING IN THE SEC, i hear that BIG ORANGE TRAIN COMING.:)

Last edited:
I see many people doubting we can repeat this years results next year. They think we are overrated being in the top ten next year. I think that’s because we tend to win with defense and that can look ugly or seem lucky. I feel a team that wins with D is a more consistent team.

I think we will be just as good in D next year as we were this year. The question is will our offense improve? I think it will as we have several players with room to grow.
Remember we lost several games early in this past season. That won’t happen again. And surely we can find a backup for Alexander.

I see another great season coming. I would like to see us get a post defender and top notch scoring point to add to this team.

I see many people doubting we can repeat this years results next year. They think we are overrated being in the top ten next year. I think that’s because we tend to win with defense and that can look ugly or seem lucky. I feel a team that wins with D is a more consistent team.

I think we will be just as good in D next year as we were this year. The question is will our offense improve? I think it will as we have several players with room to grow.
Remember we lost several games early in this past season. That won’t happen again. And surely we can find a backup for Alexander.

I see another great season coming. I would like to see us get a post defender and top notch scoring point to add to this team.
Even Barnes knows there are no guarantees. Has stated such.
similar situation in 14-15, returns everybody and brings in Miles turner.
Barely made the tourney and lost in the first round.
Hoping for the best but, who knows.

VN Store

Back