would Tennessee hire a man to coach?

In short, we need a change desperately, and I for one think the bigger the change the better. Staying with the course (CHW and staying within the program) hasn't garnered results. Especially in comparison to the rise of other programs nationally.

Reactions: 2 people
Adams should just fire an article entitled "Please Fire John Adams!" Lol

If you all are debating and discussing what John Adams thinks, we need to find you a more valid opinion. He is a hack that couldn't crew gum and dribble at the same time, yet you all grovel at his crap writings like it contains a sliver of wisdom.

I am as put out with Holly as any other Lady Vols fan right now, but I won't raise my ire one iota at the suggestion of that pasty faced SOB.

Reactions: 3 people
I think the women who used to run UT women's athletics would push to hire a woman, but I think budget will matter more than gender to Fulmer. It's hard to see him willing to take on another coaching search this year, though. While he hasn't criticized Holly or the LVs staff since the NCAAT exit, he hasn't publicly supported them, either. Both Fulmer and Davenport have had a lot of praise for Rick Barnes and MBB, but they've said nothing about WBB since 57-1.

WHAT in the Wide World of Sports does 57-1 have to do with Holly.
It is the 1..........that 1 combined with the lack of Coaching that is in discussion. All the top players do for the LV Program is further "expose" Holly.
I'm to the point that it is NOT about W and L.
At this point I would take a Coach who puts a product on the court, that is in shape, shows improvement and plays and works hard for an entire game. That would show me someone is working with them!

Reactions: 2 people
WHAT in the Wide World of Sports does 57-1 have to do with Holly.
It is the 1..........that 1 combined with the lack of Coaching that is in discussion. All the top players do for the LV Program is further "expose" Holly.
I'm to the point that it is NOT about W and L.
At this point I would take a Coach who puts a product on the court, that is in shape, shows improvement and plays and works hard for an entire game. That would show me someone is working with them!

I care a great deal about W and L. Apparently, I'm looking for a little more than you.

We got Holly three more seasons so were not hiring man nor woman. Tennessee has found a keeper will be going on nine years before we ever see another face coaching women's basketball at Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
I care a great deal about W and L. Apparently, I'm looking for a little more than you.

For years before Bridgette Gordon, we, LADY VOLS, had been nice and soft.

We must not be just a Champion of Life but must also be a Champion on the court!

If the three-year deal is true, then the fact that Holly will turn 62 (retirement age) in three years was probably high on Fulmer's list of reasons for giving her that. I have no idea whatsoever, but it could be that if she retired any younger that her university benefit would be less than if she retires at 62. :dunno:

Unless there's a drastic improvement (Final Four at least) in the program over the next three seasons, my guess is that Holly retires at 62 and a new coach will take over. Phil Fulmer and the entire women's basketball world has three years to consider who that new coach might be.

God help us. lol

Last edited:
Heck, I don't care which of the 26 genders they are as long as they get the Lady Vols back to winning like they should.

Reactions: 1 person
I have read that Fulmer is likely to extend Holly's contract this month (April). For 3 more years..... Please, if you can, contact Fulmer and express your feelings on this. Especially if you are a donor, or a big donor.

Ruined my day to read she was getting a contract extension, and then the 3 year stuff. AArrgghhhh

VN Store

Back