Game Thread Lady Vols Softball Week 8

T5: Score is 7-1 and the Weeklys are pitching Sprang, who's putting ball after ball in the dirt. And Ralph put Bearden at 1B.

Two walks and a wild pitch that advanced runners, but Sprang finally found the zone. Still looks rattled, though.

B5: UGA sat down UT with only five pitches. Wow. LVs are struggling. Again.

Last edited:
After Auburn cleans our clock next weekend we will be out of the top 20. Cant hit and have forgot how to hit if we ever knew how. Hurts me to think this way but.....JMHO

Last edited:
We were #2 in the country and #1 in the SEC just over a week ago. That was fun for the few days it lasted.

Being out pitched and out hit by a very good Georgia and basically a repeat of the South Carolina series. Won yesterday because of their pitcher walking 3 in the last inning and hitting Gregg to walkoff by a hit but not as one would think. SEC is very good and we are maybe in the middle of the pack talent wise.JMHO

Arnold has suddenly lost her ability to pitch and Gregg is no longer getting the big hits except for being hit to win yesterday. Team has been in a huge slump since Hawaii. Doesn't look good for tomorrow unless Moss can throw a shutout.

Our hitting goes as Gregg goes and she hasn’t hit in two weeks others need to step up. We are undercutting everything. Seggern has hit the ball hard with no luck. Pitching needs development too fragile mentally if anything goes wrong. Georgia pitcher throwing all junk never adjusted. Our mental game not is not good and never put Bearden at first. Rise up and take the series tommorrow.

Certainly a huge game tomorrow they will again throw the girl with the 0.50 era our best chance was today this girl we should've hit the ball nothing although we kept getting plenty of runners on base.

Send Sprang out to see Monica Abbott for a week of pitching instruction

Sprang has a very lively ball, but it is all over the place.....Someone has messed this girl up.

I was thinking I'd never seen the LVs struggle so much in SEC play and was wondering if we'd ever been flat-out manhandled like this, game after game. Turns out the answer is no. Here's what Ralph said post-game.

“We got beat in every aspect of the game. We got beat in offense, defense and pitching and probably coaching. We got beat in all stages of the game. I’ve never really been in this situation before in the whole time I’ve been here where we’ve dropped four out of five conference games."

Not a great feeling with UGA tomorrow and Auburn on deck.

The reason pitching is looking so weak the last couple of weeks is because now that we are in the SEC this is the 2nd or 3rd go around for many of our opponents seeing Arnold and Moss and as far as I can tell they haven’t brought anything really new to the table to throw people off.

SEC is very good

This probably more than anything. SEC is stacked with good players from top to bottom.

But as it shows every year, it's who is hot in May that counts, not early March. Looks like everyone is still chasing the Sooners and will have to go through them in the end.

After Auburn cleans our clock next weekend we will be out of the top 20. Cant hit and have forgot how to hit if we ever knew how. Hurts me to think this way but.....JMHO

I thought you'd signed off the board. But I guess there were still some more crazy negative things to say.

If it hurts you to think this way, imagine what it does for the rest of us that actually enjoy the team and root them on. JMHO

Reactions: 3 people
The reason pitching is looking so weak the last couple of weeks is because now that we are in the SEC this is the 2nd or 3rd go around for many of our opponents seeing Arnold and Moss and as far as I can tell they haven’t brought anything really new to the table to throw people off.

All of the pitchers have been working on new pitches, which is one reason some of the pitches are not as strong as others.

Yes, at 31-5 we are horrendous. I'd never watch again.

Ralph seems to be of the same opinion. According to him, this team was beaten in all departments. I'll take his opinion seriously. In case you haven't noticed, if it hadn't been for a fluke 1-0 win, this team could be 0 for the last five. I don't see a turn around over the next four games, or for the rest of the season. Right now, this team should consider itself lucky that perennial doormat, Arkansas, isn't on its schedule.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back