2018 Amira Collins on Holly Warlick

That matters not one bit. Any player would say the same thing. she can't coach. Anyone we bring in would get as good or better players and the same support.

Reactions: 1 person
First she was asked about it, so its either no comment or she says what she said and at her age they cant keep their mouth shut so she was going to have her coaches back regardless, if you think any different I have oceanfront property in Arkansas I will sell you on the cheap! Second, I have seen PLENTY of players through the past 20 years that were freshman play an entire season and play it VERY well! To make that excuse is BS! 6 years into a tenure excuse making should be gone, everything at that time is on the coaches!

Reactions: 4 people
Yessssssssss thank you!!!! I really think people here hope that the program falls off the face of the earth. Wishing players transfer, wishing we lose to the team up north, a true fan of the program wouldn’t want us to lose to UCONN PERIOD; just saying mean spirited and hateful things about a coach that’s going to still be the coach next season, KNOWING potential recruits read those things.

It’s okay to critique her coaching, as we all have at one point, but we get it! If Holly continues to bring in recruits, then obviously they are seeing something that we can’t. The past 3 years have been atrocious, yet players still want to come and play for her. I’m tired of people screaming, “tradition” “Tenn recruits itself”...if I was a top high school recruit, I wouldn’t give a damn about Tenn and their 8 NCs, hell I didn’t win them, and the coach that did, isn’t even here anymore.

These girls come to play for Holly and her staff, we either need to support them or find another team to cheer for.

I have been a Lady Vol fan for as long as I have been able to see them on TV, follow them in the old timey newspapers, on the radio,, any way I can (from the late 70's). However, I must say it has been hard over the last few years. The biggest problem for me has been what I perceive as a culture change in the coaching approach and the mind set of the young ladies recruited.

After watching this years tourney, other teams have the old Lady Vol mind set. They way they approach the game as to the way we do is the difference in day and night.

Now, part of it is the way players think of the game and their idea of their spot on a team. This day and time a coach's biggest job outside of the "game" is to understand these kids and mold them to what it takes to be a good team. Holly has not been able to do this.

For now and the foreseeable future, I am not going to post about the Ladies. I will read what everyone has to say. Next year my seeing and being concerned will continue to wain.
As for cheering, for the most part it seems to be falling on deaf ears. As Holly says "I just don't know"

Reactions: 2 people
Looking at this deeper - Collins is making the choice to come to Tennessee and play. She’s dedicated. She’s aware of what’s going on and she’s aware what people are saying ... yet she’s still coming because she believes. She sees something and feels something to be here with Holly.

So for fans who are not there, don’t believe, and are not in favor of the coaching situation. What are you going to do? Continue to complain or move on Seriously, at some point you have to decide am I here or am I done? If your idea is to continue to sit and blog about Holly, how are you impacting the situation? You’re not. Your just another measly complainer sitting behind a keyboard.

Voices are important and the facts are facts and I totally understand the frustration and see where it’s coming from. Is it warranted? yes... but how long. We all know talking is just hot air. According to the poll on here 85% of us will need to decide will we be supporting the 2018/2019 Lady Vols or not?

Oh LOOK, another "TRUE FAN"......

CHW's problem is she's nothing like the coaches coaching the teams in the final four. Her team plays soft and erratically, wilts under pressure. $0.02. There is no longer a fear of the orange jersey.

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry, but at 17 or 18 years old you can't quite grasp the reality of the situation. Look at the talent Holly has and the results she has garnered. Now look at Porter Moser at Loyola Chicago. If anyone believes he has the same level of talent for a men's team as Holly has for a women's team they might need a mental evaluation. What is the difference? One gets the most out of their team and the other depends on talent to win it for them. One has surpassed expectations and the other keeps floundering. I am sure Holly cares about the players and winning. That doesn't make her a good coach. If that is all it takes any fan could step in and take over.

Sorry, but at 17 or 18 years old you can't quite grasp the reality of the situation. Look at the talent Holly has and the results she has garnered. Now look at Porter Moser at Loyola Chicago. If anyone believes he has the same level of talent for a men's team as Holly has for a women's team they might need a mental evaluation. What is the difference? One gets the most out of their team and the other depends on talent to win it for them. One has surpassed expectations and the other keeps floundering. I am sure Holly cares about the players and winning. That doesn't make her a good coach. If that is all it takes any fan could step in and take over.

Straight up, it takes an older couch potato internet warrior to really know what is going on. A kid of the age to enlist in the military just can't grasp the" reality of the situation." Man, oh man, Holly hate has now turned this board against LV signees. This place is becoming toxic.

Reactions: 8 people
First she was asked about it, so its either no comment or she says what she said and at her age they cant keep their mouth shut so she was going to have her coaches back regardless, if you think any different I have oceanfront property in Arkansas I will sell you on the cheap! Second, I have seen PLENTY of players through the past 20 years that were freshman play an entire season and play it VERY well! To make that excuse is BS! 6 years into a tenure excuse making should be gone, everything at that time is on the coaches!

Don't be taking shots at our incoming class for speaking their version of the truth, just because it differs with yours and others..... Just might be they will make the decision to ask for their release if Holly is gone and I would hope that CPF would man up and give it to them...... I can see a change of heart not wanting to play for a fan base that includes folks with the character exhibited in most of the threads...

My guess is that the plan is to get this next class in, add them to the 5 ladies added this past year and led by Ms. Jackson and see which way the team trends and go from there... that would be 8 underclassmen to pass on to the next coach if a change is made... take them out of the equation and bring in a new coach would be an impossible situation for the next couple of years, maybe longer..

Reactions: 4 people
Don't be taking shots at our incoming class for speaking their version of the truth, just because it differs with yours and others..... Just might be they will make the decision to ask for their release if Holly is gone and I would hope that CPF would man up and give it to them...... I can see a change of heart not wanting to play for a fan base that includes folks with the character exhibited in most of the threads...

My guess is that the plan is to get this next class in, add them to the 5 ladies added this past year and led by Ms. Jackson and see which way the team trends and go from there... that would be 8 underclassmen to pass on to the next coach if a change is made... take them out of the equation and bring in a new coach would be an impossible situation for the next couple of years, maybe longer..

You don't have very good reading comprehension do you? Please tell me where I took a shot at our upcoming class? I will wait! Now i did say she was asked the question about Holly being under fire she didnt just take up for Holly without being asked about it which someone pretty much tried to say in this thread. Again my point is what do you think she is going to say when she was asked about Holly? Kids are kids i have 2 of my own one which is pretty much this same age, they cannot keep their mouths shut, so do you think she would when asked about Holly, and if not do you think she would badmouth Holly's coaching before even stepping foot in a practice? Her version of the truth is probably very much different than mine, but I have also been a fan and very close to this program in spending my hard earned dollars to the program before she was ever born! I have also seen the past 6 seasons with Holly at the helm and this time next year we will be sitting at the Exact same spot of wondering why the Lady Vols are home while UConn plays in their 12th or whatever it is straight final four(makes me want to puke!) Please save this and we will see who is right or wrong on this, however we also heard that we should keep Holly this past season because that number 1 rated class coming in would move on if she was to be fired! You never ever let changing head coaches come down to the recruits that will or will not leave if the job isn't being done! If you are afraid of that, by all means keep watching the program sink to the point of who cares because it is quickly getting to that point and a generation of possible Lady Vol basketball fans are being lost! Also, let me go through some of your prior posts and see what all you have been posting, because I dare would be so offended if you took up for Holly at any point because if that's the case you are blaming it on the players for not getting the job done which gasp is highly hypocritical of you if that's the case!

Reactions: 3 people
Yessssssssss thank you!!!! I really think people here hope that the program falls off the face of the earth. Wishing players transfer, wishing we lose to the team up north, a true fan of the program wouldn’t want us to lose to UCONN PERIOD; just saying mean spirited and hateful things about a coach that’s going to still be the coach next season, KNOWING potential recruits read those things.

It’s okay to critique her coaching, as we all have at one point, but we get it! If Holly continues to bring in recruits, then obviously they are seeing something that we can’t. The past 3 years have been atrocious, yet players still want to come and play for her. I’m tired of people screaming, “tradition” “Tenn recruits itself”...if I was a top high school recruit, I wouldn’t give a damn about Tenn and their 8 NCs, hell I didn’t win them, and the coach that did, isn’t even here anymore.

These girls come to play for Holly and her staff, we either need to support them or find another team to cheer for.

The name on the front of the jersey say Tennessee. Not Holly and her staff. With the players Tennessee has and continue to get. All fans should expect and want more than just making the tourney!!

The name on the front of the jersey say Tennessee. Not Holly and her staff. With the players Tennessee has and continue to get. All fans should expect and want more than just making the tourney!!

Many posters on here DO have "Holly" on their ____ ..........

O wow, well thank you for telling me what I had hoped for by posting that article T-Town, you’re the best!! 🙃🙃🙃

I said your "statement".....please keep up....or is your nose too far up a certain coach's backside???

I said your "statement".....please keep up....or is your nose too far up a certain coach's backside???

Sir/Mam come on, please leave the elementary remarks at the door, it takes the fun/intellect out of things, but I expect that from you. 😊

Whichever way you try and spin it, you’re wrong. By saying the kids back Holly and that’s all that matters, I didn’t HOPE this thread would be anything but informative of what our 2018 class was saying about its future coach. Nothing more....nothing less.

So now that I’ve had to break it down for you T-Town, I want to check for understanding.......do you follow what I’m (LadyVol1908) saying now?

Sir/Mam come on, please leave the elementary remarks at the door, it takes the fun/intellect out of things, but I expect that from you. 😊

Whichever way you try and spin it, you’re wrong. By saying the kids back Holly and that’s all that matters, I didn’t HOPE this thread would be anything but informative of what our 2018 class was saying about its future coach. Nothing more....nothing less.

So now that I’ve had to break it down for you T-Town, I want to check for understanding.......do you follow what I’m (LadyVol1908) saying now?

And just how "informed" are you now about how MOST of us feel about your comment.....see, THAT is where your went wrong....you have NO influence over intelligent fans....only "Holly Huggers".....but keep dreaming....

well, see, everyone reads VN...maybe she and the other girls coming in can help start a new dynasty...we'll see...

GO LADY VOLS!

She's also got a resume and a banner hanging in the rafters. She's not unqualified because she cares.

Perhaps the men's game is different in that athleticism is a great equalizer. Also, I wonder if more skilled men are not as committed to high school education and find themselves playing at smaller schools. (Never researched this...but makes sense to me.)

Not sure that the presumption of over-achieving because of coaching is a full explanation.

Last edited:
She's also got a resume and a banner hanging in the rafters. She's not unqualified because she cares.

Perhaps the men's game is differect in that athleticism is a great equalizer. Also, I wonder if more skilled men are not as committed to high school education and find themselves playing at smaller schools. (Never researched this...but makes sense to me.)

Not sure that the presumption of over-achieving because of coaching is a full explanation.

Holly needs to be fired and everyone knows it period.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back