Out of curiosity . . .

K State wins Saturday and their trip to the final 4 isn't as good as Tennessees year of winning the SEC.

It's a cheapened path and that has to be taken into account when discussing the merits of such successes.

Honestly I think you almost have to look at them as separate things...too many good teams flake out in the 1st or 2nd rounds, that doesn’t eliminate the kind of year Virginia had. On the flip side a Kansas State struggler at times this year and had a disappointing regular season, but will have one of their best ever post seasons. It’s becoming more and more rare for you to see a great season paired with a great tourney run.

Honestly I think you almost have to look at them as separate things...too many good teams flake out in the 1st or 2nd rounds, that doesn’t eliminate the kind of year Virginia had. On the flip side a Kansas State struggler at times this year and had a disappointing regular season, but will have one of their best ever post seasons. It’s becoming more and more rare for you to see a great season paired with a great tourney run.

I can buy that without a doubt but there is no denying that the three wins by Kstate so far lack the punch needed to say they have had a great year.

Not in my opinion. A Final 4 tops every regular season accolade, to me. If UT had ever been to a Final 4 or 2, that could have changed my opinion, but they haven't

What about an elite 8? Most of us including myself said an elite had more value just last week than a regular season championship. I would change my vote in this circumstance. You have to take both into account imo

For me:

1. Final Four
2. SEC tournament title beating Kentucky in the final
3. SEC regular season title
4. SEC tournament title beating someone other than Kentucky in the final
5. Sweet 16

What about an elite 8? Most of us including myself said an elite had more value just last week than a regular season championship. I would change my vote in this circumstance. You have to take both into account imo

I would rather have an Elite 8 over a shared SEC regular season championship and the round of 32, that UT accomplished. Simply because it would have just been our second E8. Now, a shared SEC championship and a SEC Tourney championship with a 1st round upset loss, would be cool with me. Disappointed, yes, but those are 2 huge accomplishments in the same season

Being in the arena to watch your team beat Kentucky in the SECT final is special.

Not as awesome as watching your team play in the Final Four, but it's pretty damn special.

Not in my opinion. A Final 4 tops every regular season accolade, to me. If UT had ever been to a Final 4 or 2, that could have changed my opinion, but they haven't

He's the only person here with that opinion.

K-State and Loyola should be totally ashamed of their post-season run.

Reactions: 1 person
K State wins Saturday and their trip to the final 4 isn't as good as Tennessees year of winning the SEC.

It's a cheapened path and that has to be taken into account when discussing the merits of such successes.

I'd trade places with them and so would you.

Stop trying to prop up our season. It doesn't need propped up. It was a great season with a disappointing finish that stings worse with each game played in our bracket.

I'd trade places with them and so would you.

Stop trying to prop up our season. It doesn't need propped up. It was a great season with a disappointing finish that stings worse with each game played in our bracket.

Only reason I would consider a trade is because they beat Kentucky which woudnt have been allowed by bracketing rules anyway so that is mute.

No trade for me

Only reason I would consider a trade is because they beat Kentucky which woudnt have been allowed by bracketing rules anyway so that is mute.

No trade for me

Well you are on crack.

Final four >>>>>>>>>>> co-champs of SEC and a loss in round 2

Being in the arena to watch your team beat Kentucky in the SECT final is special.

Not as awesome as watching your team play in the Final Four, but it's pretty damn special.

Being in Rupp areana and walking out a winner is hard to beat.

Final 4 is special I am sure but it's deminished for a team like KState

Last edited:

VN Store

Back