Movies you've seen recently II

In Steel Magnolias, Olympia Dukakis (the ultimate Yankee) and Shirley MacLaine pulled off the Mississippi twang better than Georgia native Julia Roberts or even Dolly Parton (she sounded like she does always...a Tennessee transplant). I think you have Craig’s James Bond imprinted in your cranium. If I had never seen him act before, I would’ve thought he had a southern background. He’s like every ne’er do well cousin in my family. :) Ditto with Tatum and Driver. Hell, even Katie Holmes didn’t strain anything in the filming.
I love Logan Lucky...but I have to say that Adam Drivers pathetic attempt at a southern accent was hilariously bad. It is so bad, I actually have thought it was on purpose.

I didn't think Craigs or Tatums accent was all that bad, especially considering Craig is British. He really sounds just like a old friend of mine from north Geirgia.

Just giving an example of a southern based movie sans southern actors. If you can’t overcome hate then it’s pointless to go further. :hi:

I Was just commenting on your example. I didn't say I hated anything, just didn't like it as much as you did.

I did like the ending.

I love Logan Lucky...but I have to say that Adam Drivers pathetic attempt at a southern accent was hilariously bad. It is so bad, I actually have thought it was on purpose.

I didn't think Craigs or Tatums accent was all that bad, especially considering Craig is British. He really sounds just like a old friend of mine from north Geirgia.

Driver sounded like Ray McKinnon of Deadwood. Thought it was pretty good.
giphy.gif

I Was just commenting on your example. I didn't say I hated anything, just didn't like it as much as you did.

I did like the ending.

You hate all the actors. Weighs on your grades imo. :dunno:

I highly recommend The Stranger Prey at Night.

The Strangers Prey at Night
8/10

A great sequel that does use the same formula, and it is different from the 1st movie not a copy and paste that Home Alone 2, and other sequels used.

4 Believable likable Protagonists, no filler scenes, genuine scares, 4 great action scenes and decent action scenes with variety for the kills, surprises, exciting great climax, Suspense, Character Development, Decent Soundtrack, Terrifying Villains, Callback and nod to the 1st movie showing it's the same 3 Strangers, and a great ending.
I can see why some critics consider this more entertaining than the original.

This is a homage or love letter to the 80s Slasher movies and a 70s Horror Slasher Movie.
A Great Action Horror slasher movie with a fast pace.

Cons
It's never shown how Luke lost the gun.
It doesn't start where the first movie ended which is what I wanted.
Also no character talks about events of the first movie.

Pros

Same as the 1st movie Dollface knocks on the door, loosens the lightbulb so the protagonists can't see Dollface's face because not wearing a mask, and asks if Tamara is home told she has the wrong trailer she walks away.
Also the Strangers Wrote on most of the window where the Aunt and uncle were murdered is the word Hello which was used in the 1st movie.

The 3 Strangers do brutally murder 2 persons offscreen, 2 are able to wound Kinsey and Luke, and they do murder 3 persons a Cop, Cindy and Mike the parents on screen.
Luke wasn't killed by the Man in the Mask but still would drowned if Kinsey didn't remove him from the Pool.

Also the couple murdered at the start of the movie is the Aunt and Uncle of Kinsey and Luke which Luke and Kinsey see the Uncle's dead body.

The likable Protagonists
Cindy and Mike decide to spend time as a family because Kinsey is being sent to boarding school.
Maybe she did something worse than ditch School and smoke it's implied but never outright said.

Songs used including I think we're alone now are recognizable, Total Eclipse of the Heart, etc.

Kinsey is a brat which is intentional, she becomes a likable character when she is sad seeing her mother murdered, removes Luke from the Pool he would have drowned if she didn't rescue him, and she kills the 2 Strangers .
Luke doesn't shoot Dollface because he doesn't want to kill humans, he does kill Pin Up Girl to avoid her stabbing him, and fights the Man in the Mask.

Luke and Kinsey are shown talking about the past while outside . Shown in this movie is the brother helping the sister, and sister helping the brother.
Luke and Kinsey did argue and insult the other while in the car which is why it's great to see them bonding in this movie with Luke helping and saving Kinsey, Kinsey saving and helping Luke.

The dad Mike doesn't want Luke to see his mother dead, and recognizes what is best which is why he tells Luke to take the gun and find his sister because he is pinned to his seat.
The mother also after getting weirded out by Dollface wants to find the kids. She is able to help Kinsey escape, and Kinsey is sad when seeing her mother murdered by Dollface.

Most of the movie is at a Deserted Mobile Home Park.
The protagonists move around the deserted Mobile Home Park area not remaining mostly in 1 location.
Less is more the Aunt and uncle were brutally murdered offscreen with Luke and Kinsey seeing the Uncle's dead body.

The protagonists are proactive not remaining in 1 location and killing the Strangers.
The cellphones are destroyed so can't call the cops, and 1 Cop is sent to the area because Luke used a telephone to call 911 with giving information before the wire was cut.
Also Cindy is unable to get a signal.

Dollface that invades the house holding a knife, Cindy and Kinsey run away to the bathroom, she does cut through a bathroom door similar to The Shinning, and Cindy is able to help Kinsey move up and escape using the Skylight.
Dollface stabs Cindy killing her that Kinsey saw.

Genuine Scares
Mike and Luke in a minivan looking for Kinsey, a killer offscreen throws a object breaks the windshield causing Mike to swerve and crash the car in a trailer.
Mike is pinned to his seat by part of the trailer's porch.
Luke leaves to find his sister after being told by Mike to take the gun, and find his sister.

The Man in the Mask moves into the car, Mike is begging for mercy, The Man in the Mask turns on the radio, and kills Mike with a icepick.
This is a great scene with suspense because Mike begging for mercy and because The Man in the Mask waits before killing Mike.

Kinsey hiding in a concrete barrel is surprised by Pin Up Girl talking since she was in the darkness before talking and revealing herself.
She was hiding from The Man in the mask driving in his pickup.

Dollface trying to stab Kinsey inside a Police SUV, with Kinsey having to remove a Shotgun which she does, and shoots Dollface. She removes the mask, asks her why are they doing this she responds while smiling why not, and Kinsey shoots her again getting revenge since Dollface killed her mother that she saw.
The Man in the Mask chasing Kinsey with his Axe, and Kinsey having to get into a moving pickup, sees a Baseball bat that she picks up and hits the Man in the Mask's face.
Pin Up Girl ambushes Luke while in the area of the Pool, Luke sees her before it's to late, hits her with a golfclub knocks her down.
He decides to take her mask off Except doesn't Pin Up Girl wakes up, tries to grab her knife that Luke sees with him grabbing the knife and repeatedly stabbing her.

4 Great action scenes

Kinsey is lured into a trap because of a jack in the box, Dollface under a blanket moves and begins to stab her, impeccable timing Luke saves her.
Luke is able rip a cloth to use as a bandage for Kinsey after exiting the house.
Luke doesn't shoot her no doubt because he doesn't want to , and is shaking so likely 1st time he held a gun.
Dollface cutting through a bathroom door similar to The Shinning.
Luke having to avoid being killed by the Man in the Mask using his axe by the Pool, he falls in the Pool, able to dodge the axe and pull the Man in the Mask with him.
Both fight in the underwater both trying to grab the knife which keeps slipping , The Man in the Mask is able to grab the knife and takes advantage of Luke trying to escape by stabbing his back.
Kinsey removes him from the water, and he isn't dead.
Dollface kills the Cop cutting his throat with a ambush attack, Kinsey does run to the Police Suv moving inside but doesn't have the keys while Dollface is shown tapping on the glass does have the keys.
Dollface moves into the car.
Kinsey trying to get a shotgun removed while Dollface is trying to stab her, is able to remove the shotgun and shoot her.

Also similar to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre a mother sees the Man in the Mask with his axe moving runs to her pickup and drives with Kinsey in the back of a pickup and the Man in the Mask with a axe with Kinsey hitting his face by swinging the baseball bat.

Great exciting Clinax
The Man in the Mask does crash the Suv Kinsey is in, and does crash the side of the car.
Kinsey gets out of the car, and uses a lighter that creates the explosion because of a gasoline leak.

Several seconds later The Man in the Mask continues to drive his Pickup toward Kinsey, he gets out of his pickup with Kinsey wounded unable to run.
The Man in the Mask with his axe walks close to Kinsey but falls down before he can hit her with the Axe.

Kinsey is able to runaway and signal to a mother driving a Pickup.
The mother gets back in her pickup after seeing the Man in the Mask with his axe running toward Kinsey and drives the Pickup.
Kinsey and the Man in the Mask are able to get in the back of the moving Pickup, Kinsey grabs a baseball bat swings the bat with the Man in the Mask knocked out of back of the Pickup and dropping to the ground.

The great ending
Kinsey and Luke are in the hospital. Kinsey hears the Jack in the box that Dollface used to lure her into a room, and a familiar banging on the door.

Maybe this gets answered in the 3rd movie if not a great unanswered question, and a 3rd movie could be made.

I, Tonya 7.5/10 felt very much like the narrative style was lifted from Wolf of Wall Street but Margot Robbie definitely shined.

Game Over, Man!

5/10 I am disappoint, just dumb immature d*ck and sh*t jokes. Workaholics was semi clever and unpredictable with it's humor. This is not either at all, every moment and joke is telegraphed 5 minutes in advance. It's almost like they got the restraints of network TV off of then and just wanted went too over the top.

Game Over, Man!

5/10 I am disappoint, just dumb immature d*ck and sh*t jokes. Workaholics was semi clever and unpredictable with it's humor. This is not either at all, every moment and joke is telegraphed 5 minutes in advance. It's almost like they got the restraints of network TV off of then and just wanted went too over the top.

Id give it 7.5 i mean what did you expect?

Dark-Netflix

About 5 episodes in and I’ve got to go back and rewatch and write down who is who and how they all relate. This is one hell of a story. Great writing for an original story.

Dark-Netflix

About 5 episodes in and I’ve got to go back and rewatch and write down who is who and how they all relate. This is one hell of a story. Great writing for an original story.

Go back and count how many scenes they shoot with people just standing in the rain while you're at it. :)

VN Store

Back