Lengthy Standing ovation!

Really having a hard time guys.
Just as I started to buy into this sport is only about elite guards and winning in the tourney I see this team called A&M with some 5star NBA bigs and guards that have been to be frank not good all year just destroy a tounrey tested team with a HOF coach and 5 star guys across the board. I mean I am just flabbergasted at how that is even possible.

Help me out Ziti and 85. Make it make sense

As easily as great guard play wins games, it loses them. UNC's 3 starting guards went 12-36 from the field. Texas A&M dominated inside and UNC couldn't find an answer anywhere.

As easily as great guard play wins games, it loses them. UNC's 3 starting guards went 12-36 from the field. Texas A&M dominated inside and UNC couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Yep it's about how you play the game not how "elite"
You are on paper

Yep it's about how you play the game not how "elite" you are on paper

True. I just think you're overreacting to the point being made about guard play. No one would dispute that teams who win quite often have guards among the best in the nation. Again I'll say, when was the last time a team won without a guard or guards who weren't really good? 8 out of the last 10 NCAAT MOP were guards except for Davis and Singler.

True. I just think you're overreacting to the point being made about guard play. No one would dispute that teams who win quite often have guards among the best in the nation. Again I'll say, when was the last time a team won without a guard or guards who weren't really good? 8 out of the last 10 NCAAT MOP were guards except for Davis and Singler.

I agree with you it takes elite guard play to win a natty but I don't think it does to make the final 4. Those last 2 wins are another animal. Getting to the final 4 is many times just about the draw. I think the tourney should reseed after the first weekend. It really isn't fair that Kentucky is going to play a lesser opponent than a 1 or 2 seed that is still alive. No reason not to reseed

I agree with you it takes elite guard play to win a natty but I don't think it does to make the final 4. Those last 2 wins are another animal. Getting to the final 4 is many times just about the draw. I think the tourney should reseed after the first weekend. It really isn't fair that Kentucky is going to play a lesser opponent than a 1 or 2 seed that is still alive. No reason not to reseed

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. People tend to speak in hyperbole, and as Texas A&M showed, you can win with bigs as well

Sometimes it just works out. I've complained for years about our tough draw. We got another very tough draw. UT dodged Duke when they made the S16 a few years ago. Gonzaga had a nice path last year. It's how the tourney works.

Sometimes it just works out. I've complained for years about our tough draw. We got another very tough draw. UT dodged Duke when they made the S16 a few years ago. Gonzaga had a nice path last year. It's how the tourney works.

It's just not fair to the higher seeded teams. I am not saying reseed after every round just after the opening weekend. I can't think of one single reason not to reseed

It's just not fair to the higher seeded teams. I am not saying reseed after every round just after the opening weekend. I can't think of one single reason not to reseed

That ruins the fun and organic nature of how the tournament plays out. If this was a simulation, sure.

That ruins the fun and organic nature of how the tournament plays out. If this was a simulation, sure.

The fun?

How many more people would redo their brackets starting over with the sweet 16? Imo it's double the fun. Most people's brackets are busted and would love another shot

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. People tend to speak in hyperbole, and as Texas A&M showed, you can win with bigs as well

You didn't get a tough draw. You got one of your easiest draws ever. All the perceived good teams obviously weren't. Plus with Cincy collapsing you will not even have to face them. So they aren't that good afterall either.

Nope. Choked. Do not get that many chances. No guarantee that we will be back next year. Have to take advantage of opportunities

I guess Cincinnati just ckoked too.

God forbid we admit Nevada or any other lower seed is any good

The fun?

How many more people would redo their brackets starting over with the sweet 16? Imo it's double the fun. Most people's brackets are busted and would love another shot

You can already do the redo thing I believe. Why would you change the entire system of the tournament to cater to a few fans? Doesn't make sense. If a team gets upset and another team gets an easy path, so what? You only play who is in front of you.

You didn't get a thought draw. You got one of your easiest draws ever. All the perceived good teams obviously weren't. Plus with Cincy collapsing you will not even have to face them. So they aren't that good afterall either.

Seriously?

The best 1 seed, probably the best 4 seed, a 3 seed that has already beat us twice. Even the 7, 11, 12, and 13 seeds showed something. I've said the entire time Cincy was the weakest 2 seed. Not surprised about their collapse.

You can already do the redo thing I believe. Why would you change the entire system of the tournament to cater to a few fans? Doesn't make sense. If a team gets upset and another team gets an easy path, so what? You only play who is in front of you.

Cater to a few fans?

That has nothing to do with it. I think the format should favor the better teams in the regular season. I want the best team to have the best chance to win.

The result of reseeding would be a second round of brakets for the fans and a more fair bracket

Seriously?

The best 1 seed, probably the best 4 seed, a 3 seed that has already beat us twice. Even the 7, 11, 12, and 13 seeds showed something. I've said the entire time Cincy was the weakest 2 seed. Not surprised about their collapse.
The best one seed does not lose to the 64th team by 20 on any day in any way. Virginia clearly was overrated. The best 4 seed does not lose to an 13 seed by 20 on any day in any way. Arizona was clearly overrated.

The best one seed does not lose to the 64th team by 20 on any day in any way. Virginia clearly was overrated. The best 4 seed does not lose to an 13 seed by 20 on any day in any way. Arizona was clearly overrated.

All the other 4 seeds sucked too? Every single 4 seed struggled badly against 13 seeds.

Virginia was good. Don't let one game define that team.

Or we just beat Loyola.

Well ziti you didn't dream it during your nap we did lose.

Simply isn't fair for a region to have a 5 seeds at its highest seed left. Reseed the damn thing to reward teams like Nova, Kansas and Xavier for being good all year

VN Store

Back