Sophomores and Juniors!

I had no problem with the coaching in this game. To me the team just didn't have the energy needed in the tournament. The intensity level was never the same after Schofield left early. Concentration was lacking. You could see little signs all through the game such as throwing the ball into the backcourt basically unguarded, two TENN players letting the ball go out of bounds while unguarded, Loyola getting their own foul shot misses.
Celebrate. The VOLS are SEC champions. Better than elite 8 to me.

I had no problem with the coaching in this game. To me the team just didn't have the energy needed in the tournament. The intensity level was never the same after Schofield left early. Concentration was lacking. You could see little signs all through the game such as throwing the ball into the backcourt basically unguarded, two TENN players letting the ball go out of bounds while unguarded, Loyola getting their own foul shot misses.
Celebrate. The VOLS are SEC champions. Better than elite 8 to me.

Those things you listed are coaching and I would think 99% of fans would take an elite 8 over reg season co champs of the league.

A predictable loser post following a loss. Go cheer for Duke.

Even Duke isn’t immune to getting upset. See: Lehigh and Mercer. This is March Madness and this type of stuff happens to good teams. Luck plays a huge part mostly. This isn’t the NBA where it’s the best of 7 and usually the better team wins the series. Hell even the number 1 team lost to a 16 seed.

If we played LC in a best of 7 we’d prolly win 4-1 or 4-2.

Last edited:
Fulk is one who needs the Weight room.

Fulkerson will improve vastly when he gets his upper body strength back. He was very effective last year prior to the injury and is slowly working back into shape. Fulk is quick and a hustler. He may be 60 percent or so now but give him 6 more months of recovery/strength training and he will be a factor again. Walker is very impressive as is Pons. Practicing against Grant and Alexander will sharpen these kids up. Barnes, Lanier and the staff will get the max out of these guys.

Reactions: 1 person
Even Duke isn’t immune to getting upset. See: Lehigh and Mercer. This is March Madness and this type of stuff happens to good teams. Luck plays a huge part mostly. This isn’t the NBA where it’s the best of 7 and usually the better team wins the series. Hell even the number 1 team lost to a 16 seed.

If we played LC in a best of 7 we’d prolly win 4-1 or 4-2.

I know that. My post had more to do with the loser mentality of someo f our fanbase that believes we cam never be good and that we should never expect success.

To that point, if you want more of a guarantee, then go cheer for Duke...or UK, UNC, Villanova...the school name isn't really relevant to the point.

Fulkerson will improve vastly when he gets his upper body strength back. He was very effective last year prior to the injury and is slowly working back into shape. Fulk is quick and a hustler. He may be 60 percent or so now but give him 6 more months of recovery/strength training and he will be a factor again. Walker is very impressive as is Pons. Practicing against Grant and Alexander will sharpen these kids up. Barnes, Lanier and the staff will get the max out of these guys.

Yes, I guarantee Fulkerson hasn't been 100 percent all year. Should be by next year if he hits the therapy and weights.

I know that. My post had more to do with the loser mentality of someo f our fanbase that believes we cam never be good and that we should never expect success.

To that point, if you want more of a guarantee, then go cheer for Duke...or UK, UNC, Villanova...the school name isn't really relevant to the point.

In most cases that's a "troll" mentality" which I guess equates to a big ol loser.

VN Store

Back