Official 2017-18 NBA Season Thread

It's funny that with all the advancements in training, dieting, recovery etc, that these dudes seem to get hurt way more than the old dudes. 23 guys are out today, another 9 are Q...there are 8 teams playing.

People are running faster and jumping higher forcing the human body to endure more stress. Kids are also starting to play at 10 years old. A lot more miles on kids coming into college and the NBA.

People are running faster and jumping higher forcing the human body to endure more stress. Kids are also starting to play at 10 years old. A lot more miles on kids coming into college and the NBA.

Some are running faster and jumping higher, a lot are still just average NBA athletes. I'd actually like to see a study of guys in order today athletically compared to older guys. MJ VS LBJ down to CP3 vs Stockton. But 75% of the guys out were average NBA athleticism so there is that. Kids have always played at a young age, and all summer. The difference is now it's in a gym in a structured environment and for only a couple hours. Guys back then were running up and down concrete all day long as kids, which is far worse on your body.

Average player weight is up over 10 lbs since I started watching in the 90's and consider that the data back then was skewed by big lumbering centers that are now basically extinct. Heavier bodies fall harder. Just jumping and cutting is harder on the joints and tendons.

Attachments

• nba average height and weight.jpg
    nba average height and weight.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Average player weight is up over 10 lbs since I started watching in the 90's and consider that the data back then was skewed by big lumbering centers that are now basically extinct. Heavier bodies fall harder. Just jumping and cutting is harder on the joints and tendons.

Damn that's a pretty big increase in weight. Idk if it's 23 guys out in one night big, but still big. Lol

BTW I'm sure NFL players size has increased just as much, probably more, and the % of guys out has not gone crazy like NBA has this year.

Vert hasnt climbed that much.

Has height increased despite the decrease in stiffs?

VN Store

Back