Keller Chryst Signing to be announced in the morning per

Pruitt promised Chryst only the opportunity to compete for the starting job (as he should), and Chryst is surely coming here with the idea and intention of winning the job (as he should). But everyone I’ve heard from on this seems to think the move was more about getting in a competent qb fit who can back up JG, whom they presume will be the starter. We’ll see.

I think it’s a win-win situation for JP and the team. Chryst’s presence will either 1. Make JG a much better player via the competition or 2. Will provide us with a better starting QB than we had before he got on campus. At a minimum, it strengthens the position by providing much better depth than McBride could offer. We’ll see what happens.

Reactions: 2 people
Pruitt promised Chryst only the opportunity to compete for the starting job (as he should), and Chryst is surely coming here with the idea and intention of winning the job (as he should). But everyone I’ve heard from on this seems to think the move was more about getting in a competent qb fit who can back up JG, whom they presume will be the starter. We’ll see.

I think it’s a win-win situation for JP and the team. Chryst’s presence will either 1. Make JG a much better player via the competition or 2. Will provide us with a better starting QB than we had before he got on campus. At a minimum, it strengthens the position by providing much better depth than McBride could offer. We’ll see what happens.

Well Said.

Reactions: 1 person

Yeah JG took not playing in Atlanta so well..must have been the competitive fire making him pout.

Yeah JG took not playing in Atlanta so well..must have been the competitive fire making him pout.

Who said he did? We all know he didn’t, after being lied to by his head coach.....that was the issue for JG, not the competition with QD. He was told he would play, he didn’t play, he handled it poorly. It was very bad form on his part.....that game, that night.

From that point on however, he looked like good teammate and ultimately, a good leader once he became the starter.

If we see a similar response from JG this year if he loses the starting QB battle with Chryst, which I don’t think we will, I’ll be one of the first to criticize him, this I can tell you.

Reactions: 1 person
Who said he did? We all know he didn’t, after being lied to by his head coach.....that was the issue for JG, not the competition with QD. He was told he would play, he didn’t play, he handled it poorly. It was very bad form on his part.....that game, that night.

From that point on however, he looked like good teammate and ultimately, a good leader once he became the starter.

If we see a similar response from JG this year if he loses the starting QB battle with Chryst, which I don’t think we will, I’ll be one of the first to criticize him, this I can tell you.

“Lying” thing is way overdone on this one imo. With all his failings, winning a game over assurances to his backup QB that “we’ll get you into the game” doesn’t register. I don’t fault JG for wanting to play but there was a bigger goal that took precedence.

“Lying” thing is way overdone on this one imo. With all his failings, winning a game over assurances to his backup QB that “we’ll get you into the game” doesn’t register. I don’t fault JG for wanting to play but there was a bigger goal that took precedence.

I wouldn't say it's that overblown if the coaches decided they would play both, especially when you take into account that dormady stunk it up for three quarters before getting a spurt of things connecting, most people would think that if the game plan is to split time for qbs and one of them has failed for an entire half, it should likely be time to go to your plan and put in the other qb. I can only imagine that a coach that tells you he believes in you going against what many would consider common sense is a little frustrating. That's not to excuse the pouty looks on the sideline, but I can understand how it came about.

I wouldn't say it's that overblown if the coaches decided they would play both, especially when you take into account that dormady stunk it up for three quarters before getting a spurt of things connecting, most people would think that if the game plan is to split time for qbs and one of them has failed for an entire half, it should likely be time to go to your plan and put in the other qb. I can only imagine that a coach that tells you he believes in you going against what many would consider common sense is a little frustrating. That's not to excuse the pouty looks on the sideline, but I can understand how it came about.

Pretty certain that Saban didn’t fulfill everything he ever “promised” when a game’s outcome was in question. And by “Saban”, I mean EVERY COACH ever. Be fun to listen to Blake Barnett expound on the subject. :)

In JG’s case, I honestly believe that he was a series away from being inserted but after we scored, there was a game to win. Football.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back