Movies you've seen recently II

Three billboards outside ebbing Missouri- 6/10. The story line with the sheriff was the most appealing to me.

The Disaster Artist 8.5/10. They really were faithful to the spirit of the film and book. Great cameos and Franco WAS Tommy.

Three billboards outside ebbing Missouri- 6/10. The story line with the sheriff was the most appealing to me.

Agree with you about The sheriff, I thought Woody was better than Rockwell personally. I was looking forward to the movie going in but was disappointed after seeing it. Thought that the script was weaker than the other BP contenders.

I still have yet to see The Last Jedi but after reading reviews I'm thinking I should probably never watch it. Apparently it was beyond awful, especially if you're a Star wars fan. It was summed up by a couple reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes as "this movie raped my childhood".

Reactions: 1 person
I still have yet to see The Last Jedi but after reading reviews I'm thinking I should probably never watch it. Apparently it was beyond awful, especially if you're a Star wars fan. It was summed up by a couple reviewers on Rotten Tomatoes as "this movie raped my childhood".

Yup... there are plenty who didn’t like it. I as a 1st generation Star Wars fan. (I was 6 when ANH came out ) loved it. There were goofy parts and characters acted differently than they have before. That’s part of what so many hated. It’s the best script of any of the saga films other than maybe ESB. My advice would be to see it with a pre-judgement going in. Ignore my opinion and anyone else’s. See it. Enjoy it, or don’t.

I’m an original Star Wars nerd and I liked TLJ.

I would have preferred Timothy Zahn’s Thrawn trilogy, but I’m satisfied with the new canon being established by Disney.

You should watch it and make up your own mind.

Still way better than all the prequels, other than maybe ROTS, which is still pretty bad IMO.

Still way better than all the prequels, other than maybe ROTS, which is still pretty bad IMO.

See I'm in the minority where I was the biggest Star Wars fan as a kid hell I played with my millennium falcon more than anything. Loved Han Solo, love Chewbacca etc...

The prequels made me so mad, they were so completely horrible that it soured me to the whole thing. Disney makes these movies now with a three ring binder and if you veer too far as a director you get fired. Lucas is a bad enough director but Disney is a heartless machine and I think it shows. I watched TFA and Rogue One and sure I went into it with a negative predisposition but I still was not impressed in the least. Have not seen TLJ yet, I'm sure I will eventually but I don't expect to be floored.

Rarely does the person responsible for the magic destroy the magic but in this case it holds true. F Lucas.

It doesn’t matter if you started watching these in the 70’s or the 00’s the first time a kid sees a Star Wars film... that’s the one they love and remember. Any other generation of the films is different and therefore “wrong”
My defense of TLJ is based on a more critical, stand on its own merits, POV.
It’s a very good script with very good direction.

Didn’t make me feel like ANH did in 77. Nothing ever will....

I'm honestly in disbelief that people defend this movie. The script is stupid, many of the characters are pointless, and the "magic" of Star Wars is traded for Disney goofiness.

It doesn’t matter if you started watching these in the 70’s or the 00’s the first time a kid sees a Star Wars film... that’s the one they love and remember. Any other generation of the films is different and therefore “wrong”

My kids and I watched the 3 original movies one weekend last year. They're girls, and we're 17,12, and 9 at the time. They all 3 enjoyed them.

I feel sorry for the kids that got screwed with the prequels then.

My kids and I watched the 3 original movies one weekend last year. They're girls, and we're 17,12, and 9 at the time. They all 3 enjoyed them.

My kids are 22, 24 and 26 and they were the Ep-I, II and III generation..they all agree that the VII was alright and VIII is pure suckitude. They all say IV, V and VI are the best, and my oldest(my son) and second oldest are both on the ESB is the best SW movie ever train, and then R1 as next best. My youngest loves the RoTJ best. I have two daughters and a son.

They are all huge SWs nuts, way more than I am. I just think their take is interesting because of the generation they belong to.

P.S. Another interesting thing is that originally my son and his wife thought The Last Jedi was..their words.."Weird but alright", but after seeing it again they both absolutely hate it...

Last edited:
I'm honestly in disbelief that people defend this movie. The script is stupid, many of the characters are pointless, and the "magic" of Star Wars is traded for Disney goofiness.

It was freaking horrible! Plot holes everywhere, cheesy humor, lame characters and cringe worthy moments. My friends and I walked out thinking we’d wasted our money.

Sad when Star Wars: The Clone Wars on Cartoon Network contributes better content than any Star Wars movie made in the past 20 years.

Somebody awhile back (I think it was Big Gucci) said that people should take Star Wars for what it is (ie not narrative focused). And that’s a good point. But, it should at least be cool. There has been a lot of Star Wars content put out, especially the video games, that have done that really well (Republic Commando and KOTOR come to mind). But this movie was laaaaammmmmeeee!

Last edited:
Don't be. ROTS is awesome (At least to me) and when you're young you don't nitpick at movies like you do when you're older.

Is that the one with one of lamest climatic fights in the history of ever and Jar Jar is a senator?

Hard hard so very hard pass.

Lets all be honest with ourselves here...all the of the Star Wars movies have plot holes and silly moments.
They all also have great moments that make us love them.

Episode IV, nothing can ever top the memories and feelings that movie pulls up for me. But is it great cinema? Not really.

TLJ, in my opinion, is well written, directed and acted. It has issues, sure but it has those moments we love.
It seems that a lot of people didn’t like characters changing. Ok, they can have that opinion. I still enjoyed the film abd am looking forward to the annual Star Wars films we will be getting for the foreseeable future.

VN Store

Back