Best/Worst NCAAT matchups

bleedingTNorange

So I know there’s some on here that aren’t fans of the Sunday show The SportsSource, while it has its faults I’ve enjoyed their basketball coverage. They have Mark Pancratz (former UT coach under Pearl & Martin) on their staff and he does a great job with their info. Anywho, they dove into the losses Tennessee has suffered this year and found some common red flags, those 9 red flags are...

Adjusted efficiency margin
Adjusted offensive efficiency
Adjusted defensive efficiency
Adjust tempo
Effective field goal percentage
Offensive turnover percentage
Free throw rate
Average height
Average scoring

Against teams with 4 or less red flags Tennessee was 14-0, 5 or 6 red flags 10-3, 7+ red flags 1-5. Using that system he posted how many “red flags” each team in the bracket has...

Attachments

• 8911C577-748F-4ED2-BDF8-238A6FA28A8B.jpg
    8911C577-748F-4ED2-BDF8-238A6FA28A8B.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 427
Reactions: 15 people
How is a flag defined? Just that they are better than us in that measure?

According to these metrics, the bracket lined up well for us. Probably won't have to play Creighton or Nevada. At least as far as my bracket goes, we wouldn't have a shot to play anyone above 5 red flags until the final four.

Reactions: 1 person
Then Wright St should be a blow out. They're the only team in the field with one flag as near as I can tell

I love these kind of breakdowns. Thanks OP.

I hope it's true. We have really good chances to go deep into this tourney.

This would suggest that we’d rather play Loyola than Miami. I was thinking we’d rather play Miami

This would suggest that we’d rather play Loyola than Miami. I was thinking we’d rather play Miami

We haven’t really played a team like Loyola yet this year in my opinion, so it’s a bit difficult to say how we match up with them

According to these metrics, the bracket lined up well for us. Probably won't have to play Creighton or Nevada. At least as far as my bracket goes, we wouldn't have a shot to play anyone above 5 red flags until the final four.

I think we got an excellent draw as well. Its tough being in Virginia's bracket but we would not face them until the Elite 8. Kentucky received a brutal draw with Arizona and Virginia potentially back to back, and nevermind Davidson in the first round who has the potential to knock them off. Cincinnati would be a tough match-up, but I feel like our defense can slow them down.

Thing that concerns me the most about Loyola, is that if we have an off-shooting night, we will be in big trouble. With Miami, I think we can overcome it more easily. Loyola does a good job on the defensive boards, and doesn't foul a lot. So manufacturing points would be harder for us.

I think we got an excellent draw as well. Its tough being in Virginia's bracket but we would not face them until the Elite 8. Kentucky received a brutal draw with Arizona and Virginia potentially back to back, and nevermind Davidson in the first round who has the potential to knock them off. Cincinnati would be a tough match-up, but I feel like our defense can slow them down.

Arizona will have a very tough game against UK IMO. But after that, they would match up well against UVA and Cincy/UT

VN Store

Back