ESPN Bold Predictions

Medcalf always does his bold predictions, and I feel like they're always spectacularly wrong

Reactions: 3 people
I don't give two ****z what someone thinks or predicts will happen in games. For one thing, I'm not a gambler. Second, the games will be played soon enough.

Reactions: 3 people
It's intentional hyperbole bordering on satire. Hence the phrase "Bold Predictions"

It's supposed to be a fun/funny fluff piece

Reactions: 2 people
I didn't watch the video but he had us under "serious contenders" at #11 and said mostly good things about us, especially Schofield.

Reactions: 1 person
Dennis Dodd of CBS also has Loyola beating us. Chip Patterson has Wright St. beating us.

2018 NCAA Tournament bracket predictions: March Madness expert picks, winners, upsets - CBSSports.com

Upsets such as a 14 beating a 3 usually happen because the underdog gets hot from 3 point range but Wright St is not a good 3 point shooting team. They only have one player with a percentage of over 36% from beyond the arc. Anyone picking Wright St is just throwing darts at a board.

Upsets such as a 14 beating a 3 usually happen because the underdog gets hot from 3 point range but Wright St is not a good 3 point shooting team. They only have one player with a percentage of over 36% from beyond the arc. Anyone picking Wright St is just throwing darts at a board.

Yeah, not likely at all.

Now Loyola on the other hand... I think would be a tough matchup for us

Crean has Tennessee in the Final Four. Who cares what these people say. If they knew they would go to Vegas and retire. Check their brackets on the tourney challenge. Bilas always has a horrific bracket.

Dennis Dodd of CBS also has Loyola beating us. Chip Patterson has Wright St. beating us.

2018 NCAA Tournament bracket predictions: March Madness expert picks, winners, upsets - CBSSports.com

"Loyola"?...let's get by Wright State first...boy, these network talking heads make good money by keeping everything stirred up...one game at a time and Wright St. probably won't be easy at all...we better come to play...just like you're supposed to every game, but not every game is the same...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
The entire article contradicts itself in the fact that he calls Tennessee or Cincinnati a formidable foe for UVA in the Elite 8, then says Tennessee doesn't even make it to the second weekend. Guy is a joke. He had trouble defending his position on Finebaum today, and I kept waiting on Paul to call him on it, but he never did.

Reactions: 2 people
Fulk played well vs Ark and Ky. He’ll see time.

Davidson hasn’t seen length like Ky has. I think Ky wins easily.

b]The entire article contradicts itself in the fact that he calls Tennessee or Cincinnati a formidable foe for UVA in the Elite 8, then says Tennessee doesn't even make it to the second weekend.[/b] Guy is a joke. He had trouble defending his position on Finebaum today, and I kept waiting on Paul to call him on it, but he never did.

That was my first thought as well when I read the article. I thought if he is that careless with his writing he can't really be trying to be serious, but is just throwing predictions out there to pizz as many people off as possible in one article. Either that or he is just a very bad writer.

VN Store

Back