'18 GA QB Jacob Cendoya (Preferred Walk On)

My nephew has played baseball with and against Catfish his entire life!! Kid is a really hard worker and an above average athlete!! His dad is Juan Cendoya, former LSU linebacker late 80s early 90s. Great kid, great family and I’m glad he’s getting a chance to compete!!

You NEVER KNOW!!!!!

Reactions: 4 people
My nephew has played baseball with and against Catfish his entire life!! Kid is a really hard worker and an above average athlete!! His dad is Juan Cendoya, former LSU linebacker late 80s early 90s. Great kid, great family and I’m glad he’s getting a chance to compete!!

You NEVER KNOW!!!!!

The most important part about recruiting. These young men have a minimum of 3 years to see what happens, and more than not, they get hurt, screw up academically, get in trouble, don't put enough into training, or get passed over on the depth chart. Life happens.

It's just numbers, and unfortunately probability states that the majority of these will never reach the pinnacle they desired in terms of becoming a household name and future NFL'er.

All we as fans can do is try and give support and cross our fingers for the best and see what happens.

Reactions: 3 people
A few of you guys have been infected by so much negativity bashing Jones, you just want to keep bashing everyone....

The young man's abilities will determine his future, not a poster on this or any other message board.

Reactions: 2 people
who knows? kid could end up at slot and be a hunter renfrow/anthony miller type player

or he could never play a down for TN, become a coach, and one day lead the vols to a national title as a coach. some of these posts would become legendary bumpworthy status

or he could rob a bank, who knows who cares

Reactions: 1 person
watched his film. looks athletic, decent arm, and can pull and run if needed. Great pickup that cost us nothing really. You never know what can happen when you just give someone a chance to compete. Competition is the best motivator, so hopefully these guys will get in the weight room and film room and push each other. I just hope who ever wins out gets support from the back up guys. I'm tired of the toxic locker room vibes. The guys need to embrace their roles and be prepared because they are literally one snap away from being the guy, case in point the National Championship game this year!

who knows? kid could end up at slot and be a hunter renfrow/anthony miller type player

or he could never play a down for TN, become a coach, and one day lead the vols to a national title as a coach. some of these posts would become legendary bumpworthy status

Never understood why people get riled up about PWO positions. Add people that are willing to compete and not entitled and it makes everyone better

Never understood why people get riled up about PWO positions. Add people that are willing to compete and not entitled and it makes everyone better

the more PWO's with good attitudes the better. Makes the team better come fall. It's arguably as important as having a good S&C program. The best programs in the country have PWO's and scout team guys that really push the 1's and 2's every day in practice and pre-game. Giving great looks in practice is huge.

I used to hear where the starters would have to go against the opposite side of the field's starters because the scout team was so bad or injured that they couldn't give them a decent look. Which obviously is not what you want and also yet another factor why we had so many injuries with the 1's and 2's. Having good walkons is an extremely important part of the team.

Reactions: 4 people
the more PWO's with good attitudes the better. Makes the team better come fall. It's arguably as important as having a good S&C program. The best programs in the country have PWO's and scout team guys that really push the 1's and 2's every day in practice and pre-game. Giving great looks in practice is huge.

I used to hear where the starters would have to go against the opposite side of the field's starters because the scout team was so bad or injured that they couldn't give them a decent look. Which obviously is not what you want and also yet another factor why we had so many injuries with the 1's and 2's. Having good walkons is an extremely important part of the team.

Yeah I agree 100%. Get physical dudes with chips on their shoulder in there that are thrilled to be competing in practice at a major program and bring everything they got everyday

Kid makes me think of Doug Flutie...has a strong arm and is extremely athletic...

Who knows what can happen? Glad they are giving him a shot...

I've seen Jacob play live 4 times. Him being 6'1 is a bit of a stretch, more like 5'10. He does have a decently muscular, seemingly well put together frame however.

He was certainly a player who demanded attention going against Class A competition. But he greatly benefited from being surrounded by a good collection of talented teammates, while also playing on 1 of the most historically dominant Single A teams in GA.

IMO he'll be a 'buster" on the D1 college level vs. SEC quality players.Definitely lacks enough God given talent to ever see any real playing time at UT. He should of committed to ETSU & been a scholarship player there, & potentially a star.

He obviously made the choice he thought was best for him. I am glad that he is going to be playing for us.

The bank manager?

Yeah I agree 100%. Get physical dudes with chips on their shoulder in there that are thrilled to be competing in practice at a major program and bring everything they got everyday

Plus, it gives you good options for simulating opposing QBs in the week leading up to a game. The ability to replicate an opposing offense as close as possible is really important.

Also indicate lack of faith in oline to protect qb. Could be down to Shrout and McBride by TSIO.

I'm not fully convinced McBride is still here come fall practice. I have zero knowledge but he's not the best fit for our new offense. Wouldn't shock me if McBride looks to transfer or it get made for him. Think we see quite a few exit's in the next couple months.

Explain what "McBride is not a good fit for our new offense" means...Specifically.

I'll hang up and listen.

It's no secret he's best suited for a spread offense. He's by far the least perfect fit for Helton's offense. Not my words but media everywhere. Even Hubb's has eluded to it. McBride has a gunslinger mentality and a better fit for the spread. JG falls somewhere between the 2. Oh and Helton has said it in so many words. He's said JG and McBride do different things better than the other but then went straight into the type QB Shrout is. Throw in Chryst, plus guys like Max Browne and Sam Darnold it's obvious we will be recruiting similar to what Fulmer and Cut did. Clausen,Peyton, Ainge etc. Tee was the exception although he was a pass first QB and only ran when he had to. It's very telling by the QB's we are recruiting and bringing in what type QB they want. I doubt McBride and JG have played in anything but a spread their entire life. Only time will tell if they can adapt or need to transfer to a spread offense school.

Cause the only QB UT needs is JG. Don't you know nothin

I'm not convinced he is either. Only time will tell if he can adjust to a completely different type offense. I'll really be shocked if Chryst isn't the game 1 starter. Much less learning curve for him and Shrout because of them having played in a very similar offense. Hopefully Shrout is able to RS and atleast 1 of the others separate themselves. A QB controversy like last year and Butch first few yrs here is the last thing a first HC needs.

It's no secret he's best suited for a spread offense. He's by far the least perfect fit for Helton's offense. Not my words but media everywhere. Even Hubb's has eluded to it. McBride has a gunslinger mentality and a better fit for the spread. JG falls somewhere between the 2. Oh and Helton has said it in so many words. He's said JG and McBride do different things better than the other but then went straight into the type QB Shrout is. Throw in Chryst, plus guys like Max Browne and Sam Darnold it's obvious we will be recruiting similar to what Fulmer and Cut did. Clausen,Peyton, Ainge etc. Tee was the exception although he was a pass first QB and only ran when he had to. It's very telling by the QB's we are recruiting and bringing in what type QB they want. I doubt McBride and JG have played in anything but a spread their entire life. Only time will tell if they can adapt or need to transfer to a spread offense school.

giphy.gif

Ok..that makes sense.

VN Store

Back