Yahoo Sports Exclusive regarding FBI Case in College Basketball

Help me connect the dots?

How are the agents tied to the shoe companies?

They work in the name of the show companies to gain clients for themselves?

With the effort Tennessee gave that night Bama could have played 3 walk-ons and a couple of guys out of the student section and still won by double digits...but I get your point we still may have to play them in the SECT.

you never know

Reactions: 1 person
He won’t show up

On the contrary...its a very interesting story and good to see progress being made.

The one that makes me nervous is Bam. He got a loan or whatever and then played here. But what is odd is that he never signed with the agency that he got money from.

On the contrary...its a very interesting story and good to see progress being made.

The one that makes me nervous is Bam. He got a loan or whatever and then played here. But what is odd is that he never signed with the agency that he got money from.

Why worried about him and not Knox?

The article earlier this week stated that many players didn't sign with the agency.

Why worried about him and not Knox?

Kong's situation seems to be involving an expense report simply listing the players regarding meals and trips and something. It's not even clear money was being paid to players, or if it's just the agent recording his own payments.

Bam though is different. Clearly listing money even before the season started. Definitely would make him ineligible.

Also somewhat good news that this is all agent to player and nothing involving coaches or schools.

UK fans are over this season and want to see every single player gone.

Btw, Nerlens Noel was also on the list. Got $4500

It's not clear when Noel got the money, so it could have been after the season. Maybe before, I have no idea.

I find it odd that an agency kept a paper trail for such small amounts of monies which in turn was clear evidence their operation was illegal. Just doesn't smell right to me

Kong's situation seems to be involving an expense report simply listing the players regarding meals and trips and something. It's not even clear money was being paid to players, or if it's just the agent recording his own payments.

Bam though is different. Clearly listing money even before the season started. Definitely would make him ineligible.

Also somewhat good news that this is all agent to player and nothing involving coaches or schools.

A Coach Cal signature. It only seems to benefit him. Ask UMass and Memphis how well that works out

Kentucky is going to have to rule Kevin Knox ineligible for the rest of the season. Ditto for Alabama and Sexton and anyone else who is currently playing such as Wendell Carter of Duke. We will see if that transpires. Doubt it will though.

:)

Next we get to see the arrogant elitism of the NCAA as they protect coaches K, Williams, Izzo, etc. Regardless, shining light on this subject will help the sport overall. If they are going to cheat going forward, they will have to do it in a less blatant way. It's been a complete joke up to this point. The final clean-up needs to be the officiating. Time to drill down on the Teddy's of the world.

:)

Next we get to see the arrogant elitism of the NCAA as they protect coaches K, Williams, Izzo, etc. Regardless, shining light on this subject will help the sport overall. If they are going to cheat going forward, they will have to do it in a less blatant way. It's been a complete joke up to this point. The final clean-up needs to be the officiating. Time to drill down on the Teddy's of the world.

Its gonna be interesting what other evidence pops up too. All these names are listed in these blatant spreadsheets? Weird way of trying to hide your dirty laundry.

Roll your eyes all you want, but once again Cal has nothing to do with this. This is all agents and companies meeting players and families so far.

Much respect for you as a poster and fan on here. But those two words are key. The FBI does not invest this extent of resources into any investigation, especially in the current political involvement, to not connect all the dots and do a major clean-up. It will be up to the DOJ just how far this goes in terms of prosecution. Since there are civil and criminal charge determinations to be made, some guilty parties may be fortunate and buy their way out using the civil method if DOJ agrees. When that happens there may be restrictions that will tie back to the NCAA's enforcement, or they may have to agree to get out for good. If not civil it goes criminal. So I expect to see a variety of prosecutions.

Its gonna be interesting what other evidence pops up too. All these names are listed in these blatant spreadsheets? Weird way of trying to hide your dirty laundry.

I agree. They weren't all that good at it were they? :)

Much respect for you as a poster and fan on here. But those two words are key. The FBI does not invest this extent of resources into any investigation, especially in the current political involvement, to not connect all the dots and do a major clean-up. It will be up to the DOJ just how far this goes in terms of prosecution. Since there are civil and criminal charge determinations to be made, some guilty parties may be fortunate and buy their way out using the civil method if DOJ agrees. When that happens there may be restrictions that will tie back to the NCAA's enforcement, or they may have to agree to get out for good. If not civil it goes criminal. So I expect to see a variety of prosecutions.

Yeah I'm starting to expect a really deep and long investigation. No way this is the only evidence. No way schools and coaches don't get drug in. This is some scary stuff for the schools recruiting kids from the dirty aau circuits.

How much will March Madness be changed this year. A dark cloud will hang over it to say the least.

Well current players need to be ruled ineligible and coaches suspended, including Head coaches. Thats what needs to happen. But it won't! We are talking the NCAA here!

I know, man. I am so nervous Tyndall had gotten us into something. This is still only the first leak, so I'm not 100% confident we're in the clear yet.

I realky think we are clean on this. Unless they go back to the Pearl years and then I will start getting nervous.

Well current players need to be ruled ineligible and coaches suspended, including Head coaches. Thats what needs to happen. But it won't! We are talking the NCAA here!

Different levels of stuff going on here. Having 70 bucks for a meal is different than your family getting 5000 dollars. One is something that might be a minor violation that would not do anything and one is season vacating material.

VN Store

Back