UFC Thread

Machida with the hometown decision win. Not sure how a judge had 49-46 for him.

I don’t agree with that score either, but I do think he won. In my opinion he clearly won the first and the fifth. The other three were close. He landed more, and aside from the knee that cut Machida, Anders didn’t land anything too significant. Alabama boards are fun to read right now.

Depressingly boring fight. Hunt nearly KO's Blaydes in the 1st, but it makes Blaydes realize he's only winning via dump and hump the rest of the way.

Not a bad card at all tonight. Americans did quite well at the top of the main card. Cerrone won. Lewis won. Vick won. Give Cerrone another up and comer. He's not a title contender right now, but he's a solid gatekeeper. I wish Lewis had a chance to call out Francis. And Vick was somewhat boring tonight, but he deserves a fight against a top 7 or 8 guy easily now.

Not a bad card at all tonight. Americans did quite well at the top of the main card. Cerrone won. Lewis won. Vick won. Give Cerrone another up and comer. He's not a title contender right now, but he's a solid gatekeeper. I wish Lewis had a chance to call out Francis. And Vick was somewhat boring tonight, but he deserves a fight against a top 7 or 8 guy easily now.

I like Vick, but he was boring as hell. Trinaldo is a mother****er, tho

In the immortal words of Smokey(Chris Tucker), OSP "got knocked the f#ck out", stunned by a punch and then a guillotine. Literally, asleep, although this time he tried to tap, but the ref missed it, understandably. Pretty good card on Fox's Fight Night

How on earth did Stephens get away with 3 illegal blows to finish that fight?

The knee missed, but those 2 forearms/elbows were definitely illegal. Still, I don't have a problem with it, dude was through. Safety-wise, yeah, but I can understand the Ref missing one of 'em or calling it borderline, but the other one was illegal. But, what's the right decision there, DQ Stephens? Give the other guy time to recover? Or just call it and give it to Stephens, who won, legitimately, even before the illegal shot, which they did? They got it right, maybe Dana should fine, Stephens

So, are u all right with the stoppage and Stephens win or do u think it should have been a NC?

Should have been a NC imo. Clearly a couple to the back of the head and a knee was thrown illegally. Although Emmet was on his way to being stopped regardless which kinda sucks for Stephens.

Should have been a NC imo. Clearly a couple to the back of the head and a knee was thrown illegally. Although Emmet was on his way to being stopped regardless which kinda sucks for Stephens.

Yeah, I can see where u are coming from. But, those shots he threw, imo, were not intentionally illegal, although rules are rules. I just think they got it right. But, if they did call it a NC, it would be understandable.

The knee missed, but those 2 forearms/elbows were definitely illegal. Still, I don't have a problem with it, dude was through. Safety-wise, yeah, but I can understand the Ref missing one of 'em or calling it borderline, but the other one was illegal. But, what's the right decision there, DQ Stephens? Give the other guy time to recover? Or just call it and give it to Stephens, who won, legitimately, even before the illegal shot, which they did? They got it right, maybe Dana should fine, Stephens

The knee totally grazed him, 100%, and guys get KO'd with grazing shots, so there is no telling how much a knee like that to the back of the head would have hurt him.

...and then you have the two elbows to the back of the head.

He wasn't through. I've seen guys recover from worse. He had the presence of mind to get in a position where he was hard to strike legally. He was intelligently defending himself.

Last edited:
Yeah, I can see where u are coming from. But, those shots he threw, imo, were not intentionally illegal, although rules are rules. I just think they got it right. But, if they did call it a NC, it would be understandable.

Intent doesn't matter. It's not a murder trial, it's a competition. It's like saying somebody didn't intend to hit a foul ball, so it's fair.

VN Store

Back