New poster wanting opinions on this years team

Vitello said today that Lingo and Stallings are pretty far ahead of the other starters. He thinks Lingo's off-speed stuff is really coming on well thanks to Anderson and Lingo's work. He said they put what they think is their starting 9 on the field against the 2's and the starting 9 beat them pretty handily. Lot's of work left, obviously.

Reactions: 1 person
Any more Reports? Trying to hear something good from UT

Well...there is some good news about Vols sports...The Lady Vols soccer team is ranked 3rd in the SEC and 11th overall in the NCAA, which is pretty darn good. Also the Lady Vols softball team should have a really good team again this year, so there is that.

As to the men....well the Basketball team seems to be taking a big step forward at present, optimism is high. Otherwise, that's about it. :)

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/922985628521979904[/Twitter]

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/923007793497387008[/Twitter]

[Twitter]https://twitter.com/aaronfitt/status/923028679235694592[/Twitter]

I went to game 1 last night. It was definitely encouraging. Great competitiveness, intensity and energy level with both teams. Lingo and Stallings were lights out on the mound. For Orange, Heflin and Hunley looked really good in relief. We have good team speed and the bats looks stronger than last year. Again, just one fall game but hope it is a sign of things to come.

I went to game 1 last night. It was definitely encouraging. Great competitiveness, intensity and energy level with both teams. Lingo and Stallings were lights out on the mound. For Orange, Heflin and Hunley looked really good in relief. We have good team speed and the bats looks stronger than last year. Again, just one fall game but hope it is a sign of things to come.

I anticipate us being competitive when Lingo and Stallings are on the mound. What comes after them worries me.

I anticipate us being competitive when Lingo and Stallings are on the mound. What comes after them worries me.

I'm curious how Garrett Crochet has looked this fall. Was a late add by CTV and seems like he had a ton of upside with the ability to surprise some people this year.

I'm curious how Garrett Crochet has looked this fall. Was a late add by CTV and seems like he had a ton of upside with the ability to surprise some people this year.
I saw Crochet throw twice in scrimmages. He looks legit to me from the left side. Nice frame and good control. He is a welcomed addition

Anybody have any new opinions of this years team after fall practices being over?

I saw several of the scrimmages and two of the O/W games. I think this team is improved from last year. They seem to have more energy, confidence, and work ethic. I don’t know how that will translate to wins and losses, but this team looks like they come to park to play hard and they have a new, competitive attitude. It will be an interesting spring but we are definitely headed in the right direction in my opinion.

I saw several of the scrimmages and two of the O/W games. I think this team is improved from last year. They seem to have more energy, confidence, and work ethic. I don’t know how that will translate to wins and losses, but this team looks like they come to park to play hard and they have a new, competitive attitude. It will be an interesting spring but we are definitely headed in the right direction in my opinion.

Two things stood out listening to Coach Vitello, this league requires big time arms and power at the plate. I think we have big time starting pitchers. Do we have any power at the plate?

Two things stood out listening to Coach Vitello, this league requires big time arms and power at the plate. I think we have big time starting pitchers. Do we have any power at the plate?

after a sluggish start, HR's started to increase during the fall. With that said, UT will not set any records this year in power however it may be surprisingly decent....

Players are happier, and will work much harder, than they have in the past few years. They are excited and optimistic about their future, even as early as this spring. There are some big bats in the lineup.

I expect us to be this years UK.We are going to surprise a lot of people. WE WILL HOST A REGIONAL. We have a legitimate coach and it shows instantly.

Wow.

I disagree. This team isn't nearly ready to do that as the position players are far far from what Kentucky had last year

Reactions: 3 people
What I have seen so far Pitching wise is---- Lingo, Stallings, Neely, Crochet will be very solid, a couple of them could be great....A Lip moving over to SS hopefully will make SS position consistent,,The Kid behind him R Fell Looks so smooth, But "Gilbert" said he came from Univ of Miami Hurricanes, Transfer, so probably a redshirt this year. That Kid looks so good..CTV 2018 class will be loaded...CTV pulling kids out of Miami. I believe it is looking up for the Vols. I know its early, at least there is some excitement at the ballpark now. Cant wait for opening day to see where these boys are at..

VN Store

Back