19 West Virginia Record: 17-6
20 Michigan Record: 19-6
21 North Carolina Record: 17-7
22 Wichita State Record: 17-5
23 Nevada Record: 20-4
24 Kentucky Record: 17-6
25 Miami (FL) Record: 17-5

Reactions: 7 people
I believe this is the 11th week in a row Tennessee has been ranked in the Top 25...only complaint with the poll would be that I thought we should’ve been ahead of Arizona, however I also thought we’d be behind Clemson so that’s pretty much a wash.

I believe this is the 11th week in a row Tennessee has been ranked in the Top 25...only complaint with the poll would be that I thought we should’ve been ahead of Arizona, however I also thought we’d be behind Clemson so that’s pretty much a wash.

Didn't we beat Clemson in an exhibition game before the season started??

Reactions: 3 people
Win these next 2, then they should crack the top 10.

I'd still be satisfied with a split though

There's not a team on that list I don't think we could beat.

And I'm about 90% sure we are better than teams #11-14 right now.

But eh, take what you can get sometimes.

With 2 road games Vs. top 50 rpi/bpi teams this week. The Vols have a chance to up their national respect. 2-0 this week would be HUGE! 2-0 this week gets us in the conversation for for a 2 seed. 2-0 this week helps get them an easier path in both the SEC, and NCAA tournaments.

On the flip side I don’t think 1-1 would hurt us at all. Not a bad loss on the road to a top 50 rpi/bpi. Plus a win against that same stat. All the current predictions hold steady. 4-5 seed, top 20 team.

It’s 0-2 I don’t have a firm opinion of? Maybe a slight drop? 5-6 seed, top 25?

What you say Volnation?

Win these next 2, then they should crack the top 10.

I'd still be satisfied with a split though

Win the next two and there is no way that they can keep us out of the top 10. especially if the trend of top 10 teams losing keeps up.

The only 5 loss team that I think can have an argument made as deserving to be higher than us is Kansas. But OSU aand Arizana are bouyed by sport writers in their regions. Same goes for Gonzaga and St Marys

The only 5 loss team that I think can have an argument made as deserving to be higher than us is Kansas. But OSU aand Arizana are bouyed by sport writers in their regions. Same goes for Gonzaga and St Marys

Yea those last 2 are very overrated imo

Still underrated. Arizona is overrated

Barnes likes it that way. He keeps them reminded that ranked 13 in preseason...and, legitimately, conference is SO tight, that a bad week or two puts us back at middle of the pack...so, have to stay hungry if want to challenge for the title w/ Aub...

Reactions: 1 person
It still sucks knowing we had huge leads against the #1 and #8 teams and pretty much handed it to them. I would like another chance at Villanova in the tournament.

Should be ahead of Arizona and not behind Clemson. We beat them on their home floor early in the season and they've lost one of their best players for the season since.

:loco:

Should be ahead of Arizona and not behind Clemson. We beat them on their home floor early in the season and they've lost one of their best players for the season since.

:loco:

In addition to the Clemson exhibition game not counting on our record, they are also 3-1 since he Grantham got hurt, and that one loss came to Virginia. You can't really punish them for how you think that injury may affect them. The proof is in the pudding, and they have kept right on winning.

Think we probably drop 1-2 spots, if we had lost in better fashion we maybe stay the same, but I think the optics with those who vote was probably pretty bad.

VN Store

Back