The Official New England Patriots Thread

On the NFL network they said a reporter got a quote from him "They gave up on me, **** it, it is what it is."

Well if thats true that is a crying shame, Butler has been nothing but a star, slipped a bit this year and I have no idea what has been going on behind the scenes but I'm disappointed the team didn't manage this better. Sometimes this "Patriots Way" BS ticks me off.

Would like to hear an explanation as to why Malcolm Butler didn’t play.

Between the "we're playing the players who give us the better chance to win" and him crying during the National Anthem, do you think it's more than just a football decision?

He also missed like all but like the last 3 days of Super Bowl practice (he wasn’t even in Minneapolis if I understood correctly) because he ended up being in the hospital with an illness, didn’t he?

He also missed like all but like the last 3 days of Super Bowl practice (he wasn’t even in Minneapolis if I understood correctly) because he ended up being in the hospital with an illness, didn’t he?

Yeah somethings going on healthwise. No way he wouldn’t have played last night if he could have. Both teams secondary were toasted.

Not fully convinced or anything but man that dude did a great job with that video

Even the narration was perfect

Yeah, its a great video, well produced as I've seen in a while.

With all the WTF moments in the last year and all the palace intrigue thats been reported since the SB, I believe it. I've never been a Trust In Bill fan, and he's so damn petty I totally believe he was capable of scuttling that game. Philly played great, they deserve the win, but something was not right with the Pats, and benching our only lock down corner, which still hasn't been explained, is still mystifying.

I've been looking for Belichick to try to trade Brady for the last 3 years, Brady keeps making that impossible but the man is now 41 years old. The Niners getting Garopplo for a 2nd round pick was the steal of the century. Yeah, I believe it.

Pats trade Brandin Cooks to the Ram's for a 1st and a 6th, Rams get Cooks and a 4th.

Hopefully this trade shows more confidence in Kenny Britt, and if Malcolm Mitchell comes back healthy this season the Pats will be solid at the position.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New England Patriots have traded receiver Brandin Cooks to the Los Angeles Rams for the 23rd overall pick in this year's draft.

As part of the deal, which was officially announced by the Rams on Tuesday night, New England also sent a fourth-round pick (No. 136 overall) to Los Angeles and received a sixth-round pick (No. 198 overall) from the Rams.

Kenny Britt is not good. It's probably more about the emergence of Hogan alongside Edelman, and then prioritizing a cheap first-round rookie over paying Cooks.

Kenny Britt is not good. It's probably more about the emergence of Hogan alongside Edelman, and then prioritizing a cheap first-round rookie over paying Cooks.

LOL Britt has played for the Titans, Rams, and Browns, teams that were 53-91. Neither you nor I have any idea how he's going to perform in this offense. In any event, Cooks was going to be too expensive to keep, best to unload him now while he still has trade value.

The Pats wanted to sign Britt 3 years ago so obviously they see something our resident experts don't.

Pats fans: Predictions for the Draft?

Yeah yeah, I know its a waste of time trying to figure out what Belichick might do, and I don't follow the mocks but since we've got 4 picks in the first 2 rounds this draft becomes much more interesting than in previous years.

Round 1, Pick 23 (23rd overall) - From Los Angeles Rams*
Round 1, Pick 31 (31st overall) - Assigned Selection
Round 2, Pick 11 (43rd overall) - From San Francisco*
Round 2, Pick 31 (63rd overall) - Assigned Selection
Round 3, Pick 31 (95th overall) - Assigned Selection
Round 6, Pick 24 (198th overall) - From Los Angeles Rams*
Round 6, Pick 36 (210th overall) - From Oakland
Round 7, Pick 1 (219th overall) - From Cleveland

Round 1: I expect the Pats to take a left tackle here, and trade the other pick for a 2nd and a futures pick. (have a few bricks handy)
Round 2: With 3 picks now I think we'll see an edge rusher, TE, and 4-3 LB which means Belichick will trade one of the picks for a 3rd and a 5th, and take a CB and Safety. Its maddening.
Round 3: We're pretty set at RB but lost a big time playmaker with Dion Lewis' departure, I think they look to fill that gap here. John Kelly would be a good option.

And BTW, Gronk is back in the barn but I wouldn't rule out a trade for a 2nd and a 3rd, or something thereabouts. Pushing the team right up to draft day before committing to this season doesn't play well with this organization.

VN Store

Back