Atlanta Braves Thread - Francisco Cabrera edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah man, the warrant was for a female and an unknown male opened fire? How are the three wounded doing?

I don't know how you guys do a gig like that in dealing with people of desperate and broken mind/soul.

Yeah, they were looking for the female. Sounds like the other three are going to be OK with non-life threatening injuries.

Braves got any shot at landing Yelich? I'd love to add him. He's got a great contract.

Marlins want Acuna and Braves GM says no way.

Having not followed baseball for the last decade or so it is so weird to me that there's all these metrics and new age stats thrown around so much.

I have no idea what these nerds on talking chop are talking about half the time.

When did baseball talk go to these metrics?

Having not followed baseball for the last decade or so it is so weird to me that there's all these metrics and new age stats thrown around so much.

I have no idea what these nerds on talking chop are talking about half the time.

When did baseball talk go to these metrics?

About 9 years ago

Some take it too far, but it's hard to completely ignore the numbers. They get way more right than they do wrong.

I just don’t understand them all. I don’t need a metric to tell me Matt Kemp sucks.

My guess is that it’s complicated but if I took the time to learn about it I might appreciate it more.

Reactions: 1 person
I just don’t understand them all. I don’t need a metric to tell me Matt Kemp sucks.

My guess is that it’s complicated but if I took the time to learn about it I might appreciate it more.

Stats like OPS, OPS+, WHIP and BABIP are actually pretty easy to understand and make a lot of sense. WAR is widely accepted, but convoluted. VORP is something some geek came up with probably while watching Star Trek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back