Nintendo Switch and Switch Lite Chatter

Thanks man.

Do we know if they are gonna have any sports games coming out? Like an MLB game? I know that’s not Nintendo’s thing really. Just curious.

Besides Fifa, NBA 2K17 I believe is the only other sports game available. I'm sure it's a decent port but I haven't played it to know for sure. I'm sure Madden Football will come out for Switch this year as well.

As far as baseball goes, MLB The Show on PS4 is pretty much the only game in town. Plus I think they have exclusive rights to MLB and MLBPA licenses. So if Switch is to ever get a baseball game, it's either going be a non licensed "Wii Sports" game or something like Mario Baseball.

Besides Fifa, NBA 2K17 I believe is the only other sports game available. I'm sure it's a decent port but I haven't played it to know for sure. I'm sure Madden Football will come out for Switch this year as well.

As far as baseball goes, MLB The Show on PS4 is pretty much the only game in town. Plus I think they have exclusive rights to MLB and MLBPA licenses. So if Switch is to ever get a baseball game, it's either going be a non licensed "Wii Sports" game or something like Mario Baseball.

Apparently there’s a bargain title called R.B.I. baseball. Looks pretty basic but it’s just $30.

RBI Baseball is licensed.

Used games are fine with the Switch.

As far as must own games:
1a. Zelda
1b. Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

I wasn’t a huge fan of Splatoon. Doom is a good port as well as Skyrim (kinda cool with the Zelda amiibo)

What are the best games for the switch?

So far I've gotten Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Mario + Rabbids. There's also some good ports like Skyrim and L.A. Noire, and Mario Kart 8.

Hyrule Warriors is getting a port with all the DLC (Zelda game that plays in the style of Dynasty Warriors, pretty fun), and some other new games are due this year like Metroid Prime 4 and No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again.

So far I've gotten Super Mario Odyssey, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and Mario + Rabbids. There's also some good ports like Skyrim and L.A. Noire, and Mario Kart 8.

Hyrule Warriors is getting a port with all the DLC (Zelda game that plays in the style of Dynasty Warriors, pretty fun), and some other new games are due this year like Metroid Prime 4 and No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again.

Port?

I'm impressed. I think this is great. Teaches kids how to build some things and do a wider range of activities with things they are building.

It's of no real interest to me, but I do like what they are doing here and trying to branch out a bit.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm impressed. I think this is great. Teaches kids how to build some things and do a wider range of activities with things they are building.

It's of no real interest to me, but I do like what they are doing here and trying to branch out a bit.

I showed this to my 7 year old and his response was "this looks stupid." LOL. Nintendo just cannot stop chasing that casual market.

Nevermind....got it.

Kids will love this

Maybe. Though I did show it to my 7 year old, and lets just say he was less than impressed.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting to be too much of a curmudgeon in my old age but I look at this and think there must have been a board meeting somewhere inside Nintendo where an exec stood up and said "Our fan base is so mind-numbingly stupid, I'll bet any one of you in this room any amount of money that we could package cardboard and they'd line up to buy it." It almost feels like a giant troll job by Nintendo, LOL.

Last edited:
Maybe. Though I did show it to my 7 year old, and lets just say he was less than impressed.

I don't know, maybe I'm getting to be too much of a curmudgeon in my old age but I look at this and think there must have been a board meeting somewhere inside Nintendo where an exec stood up and said "Our fan base is so mind-numbingly stupid, I'll bet any one of you in this room any amount of money that we could package cardboard and they'd line up to buy it." It almost feels like a giant troll job by Nintendo, LOL.

Stuff like this is being heavily pushed by school boards around the country because it gets students an introduction to coding and engineering. They may just be piggie backing off that and might try and make an appeal for elementary schools

Lab thing looks like something that won’t work or kids will break in a few days. Don’t really get it. My guess is that it flops.

Lab thing looks like something that won’t work or kids will break in a few days. Don’t really get it. My guess is that it flops.

Nintendo's track record on add-ons and accessories is pretty bad. Even the Wii that sold over a 100 million units had a ton of duds for accessories.

Good man! Worth every penny.

So Zelda finally showed up thanks to a 10 day delay by the post office. Played it for an hour or so. Fun to get into, but there doesn't seem to be much direction.

I'm having fun exploring right now, but I hope I'm given some direction at some point.

Any tips as I start out?

VN Store

Back