Most important thing CJP has said so far.

I get the impression that CJP is going to let his coaches do what he hired them to do and not micro-manage them the way "you-know-who" did. By the way, Finebaum called Butch a "Huckster" yesterday.

If he calls Butch a huckster, what does Finebaum say about President Flim Flam, the Great Con? He prolly does not mix politics into his sports show.

Reactions: 3 people
RANKING: The most arrested teams in college football - WSMV News 4

https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/NCAA_Football_Injury_WEB.pdf

Other important considerations when recruiting top class athletes. Our football program has been significantly affected by arrests and injuries. Just making the point that our coaching staff should look for players who are good kids, don't do drugs, won't spend playing time sitting in jail and who have a legitimate chance to play if they have had serious injuries in high school.

We made the top ten in something, albeit a dubious distinction!

He has said that in recruiting that most times we will be going head to head for recruits against schools like Bama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State.
He was brutally honest when he said “we are all chasing the same guys, we know who we are all recruiting”.

How refreshing is that?
We can’t beat the best teams without the best players.
What a concept, right?
It may not be as soon as this February, but it sounds like Top 5 classes will be our goal from here on out. Love that.

There is literally nothing refreshing about this comment, no offense OP. Our last coach wasn’t the worst recruiter either. There isn’t much to discuss because it’s the off-season but we’ve seen firsthand it doesn’t matter who you recruit if you can’t coach them. Let’s just hope our new staff excels at player development because UT has never before needed it so badly.

Reactions: 1 person
I go back to his hiring press conference.....

"I expect to win every game we play"

Nothing more to be said.

Reactions: 2 people
He has said that in recruiting that most times we will be going head to head for recruits against schools like Bama, Georgia, Florida, Clemson, Ohio State.
He was brutally honest when he said “we are all chasing the same guys, we know who we are all recruiting”.

How refreshing is that?
What a concept, right?
It may not be as soon as this February, but it sounds like Top 5 classes will be our goal from here on out. Love that.

That’s the only chance we have of being competitive on a regular basis

How refreshing is that?
What a concept, right?
Umm yeah, that was genius

He mentioned Smokey in like the first 30 seconds of his first press conference. C'mon man Smokey getting attention like that has to be a good sign.

Unfortunately he said that on his first day back to work for UT after taking a 3 week vacation during recruiting season.

If JJ Peterson is the kind of recruiting result CJP produces on "vacation" I truly cannot wait for the results produced from his full time attention.

Reactions: 5 people
Scholastics, problems with drugs, history of violence, serious injuries that will likely effect future play, etc., also a factor when competing for top athletes who may not be top citizens.

And no other program has or is suffering these problems???

Unfortunately he said that on his first day back to work for UT after taking a 3 week vacation during recruiting season.

Sorry my friend but that's 100% totally WRONG!

Pruitt did not leave Tennessee until the recruiting dead period started.

Dead period means that coaches are NOT allowed to contact player in person or by phone.

After Pruitt went back to Bama to finish coaching the rest of this season he still had his new coaches sending cards and letter to recruits.

All of them, Pruitt included, were still watching film, evaluating players and Pruitt was sending out letters making scholly offers to the kids we want.

By NCAA rules coaches are only allowed a few hours per day to work with the players for their bowl games and all the rest of the hours of the day and night Pruitt WAS getting work done for Tennessee.

Pruitt actually said he felt a little guilty about not being in Knoxville but he had to complete his seasons contract and keep his word of Honor to the Bama kids.

Pruitt was back in K town a few short hours after the NC game was over.

Many hours every single day Pruitt was getting solid work done for Tennessee.

Sorry if the facts don't go along with your agenda my friend.

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 10 people
If he calls Butch a huckster, what does Finebaum say about President Flim Flam, the Great Con? He prolly does not mix politics into his sports show.

If you truly believe this you'll be a man and take the extra money you get in your paycheck in February and write a check to the Federal Reserve to help pay off the national debt. Or donate it to a charity. You shouldn't accept anything from a huckster. And "prolly" isn't a real word.

Reactions: 6 people
If you truly believe this you'll be a man and take the extra money you get in your paycheck in February and write a check to the Federal Reserve to help pay off the national debt. Or donate it to a charity. You shouldn't accept anything from a huckster. And "prolly" isn't a real word.

Because giving the government more money is going to shrink the debt? And last time i checked government checks are signed by the secratary of the treasury, not the president. But it is nice to see that when your savior gets besmirched you act like him and jump to a computer to compound your problems with ad hominem attacks?

Sorry but this is just woefully incorrect.

Got a link because I can't find the one I was looking at? The one I ran through was 2017 and it listed their recruiting class and other school offers and there was only one kid that I saw in an admittedly quick look. I will look some more tonight.

Reactions: 2 people
Because giving the government more money is going to shrink the debt? And last time i checked government checks are signed by the secratary of the treasury, not the president. But it is nice to see that when your savior gets besmirched you act like him and jump to a computer to compound your problems with ad hominem attacks?

So, I take it you'll keep the money. Rich.

VN Store

Back