The Official New England Patriots Thread

That was ugly, Brady was terrible.

Anyway, I remember the last time we lost an opener to KC, but that turned out OK. I'm pissed they lost because I have to take crap from my son the Chiefs fan, but I'm concerned there were really only 3 WRs in play tonight. Need Mitchell back.

Brady is an assassin. Brandon Cooks is looking like a pretty good trade right now.

Great future for the Texans with Watson at the controls, very impressive day.

Slow start for the Pats this year, but is there anyone here - a quick show of hands please - who does NOT think the Patriots are going to rebound and win the AFC east?

I guess Tom plans on playing a few more seasons.

Ahh. Garoppolo to San Francisco. I didn't know where that post was coming from until the half time show.

I guess they are probably figuring at least two more years after this. Maybe three.

How long does Belichick coach? He can't need the money. Just 65 now though. But does he want to coach much working with a new QB? On second thought, he probably doesn't care. He's the next-man-up personified.

Ahh. Garoppolo to San Francisco. I didn't know where that post was coming from until the half time show.

I guess they are probably figuring at least two more years after this. Maybe three.

How long does Belichick coach? He can't need the money. Just 65 now though. But does he want to coach much working with a new QB? On second thought, he probably doesn't care. He's the next-man-up personified.

My guess is that Belichick will coach 4-5 more seasons then move upstairs to the front office.

Reactions: 1 person
Question -

I've never really followed NFL too much, except for the past 2-3 years. I mean, I watched Peyton, followed the Titans a little bit, kept up with VFLs that were in the pros and tuned in for the Super Bowl, but as far as following the season goes, I've always been more into college football.

Anyway, it seems the Pats have but one QB left on their roster. And he's a good one. My question is regarding this mid-season trade deadline. What does it mean, exactly? Is it now impossible for them to pick up another QB? If Brady gets hurt, are the Pats just left playing a wide-out who played hasn't played QB since high school?

I googled it but just came up with a bunch of articles about what specific teams should and shouldn't do, but not nuts and bolts of the rules.

I don't know if anyone else is watching the reboot of the X-Files. I am. (I'm a nerd, I know.)

At any rate - funny thing involving the Pats on there this week. A character had is brain uploaded to the internet around the year 2000 and was living in a cyber-world which he said was really awesome. He listed several things he thought were great, the last one being that the Patriots hadn't made it to the playoff in over 20 years.

I thought it was funny.

FWIW, expect a lot of read blitz defensive concepts... Tampa 2, and Cover 1. Especially the rain concept which is they read a offensive linemen and blitz the opposite way he goes... while the other linebacker (the one not blitzing) is dropping to become the "rat" or the underneath hook(player in the middle of the field) player... Expect a lot of 2 Trap which is designed to look like 2 man but instead of the Corner "man-ing" the WR, he drops to the flat and jumps any route to that area essentially trapping the QB into throwing into coverage aka Trap.

I was at the game with my son, the Titans fan and rabid Brady hater, probably the most fun I've ever had at Gillette, in spite of the cold. Now whats all this beetching about the refs?

DUU_eB3XcAIWB1R

VN Store

Back