TN's RPI calc factors and comparison to the other teams

Thunder Good-Oil

TN's NCAAT possibilities and probability of making the tournament... Who won? Who lost? Who we in front of on the bubble? Who be jumping ahead of TN?

Bubble? Seriously?

We’re nowhere near the bubble.

Not tonight. But as balanced as the SEC is it won't take many losses to fall back into the pack. Shouldn't have given up a loss at home to Cow Pie U. Right now TN is at par. Need another couple of road wins to get some separation. Right now Vandy and (unbelievably) Texas A&M are the only SEC teams looking at folding. But I bet this loss could be a wake up call for the Aggies... much like Auburn was for TN.

Reactions: 1 person
Not tonight. But as balanced as the SEC is it won't take many losses to fall back into the pack. Shouldn't have given up a loss at home to Cow Pie U. Right now TN is at par. Need another couple of road wins to get some separation. Right now Vandy and (unbelievably) Texas A&M are the only SEC teams looking at folding. But I bet this loss could be a wake up call for the Aggies... much like Auburn was for TN.

Yep - not one of your better efforts -- let's just beat Mo. don't get anybody hurt and see what our seed is.

Our guys play real basketball and they play it the correct way. On top of that they bring their blue collar lunch bucket with them and they don't finish until the work is done. --- now I have always wondered, what is the significance of the Thunder Good oil handle ?

Yep - not one of your better efforts -- let's just beat Mo. don't get anybody hurt and see what our seed is.

Our guys play real basketball and they play it the correct way. On top of that they bring their blue collar lunch bucket with them and they don't finish until the work is done. --- now I have always wondered, what is the significance of the Thunder Good oil handle ?

You don't see it, do you? The regulars know.

I've considered an update since there are other UTAD power brokers. Check Into Cash. Anderson News or whatever it's called these days. The Hands of the local beer empire.

Thunder (Thornton)
Goodfriend (Goody's) Tennis Center
Oil (Big Jim)

They all sit on the floor at the TBA. Big Jim was on the kiss-cam tonight. Thunder wasn't in his seat, but he could have been up in a suite. RG's son rarely misses watching a game court-side.

What's our RPI?

I've considered an update since there are other UTAD power brokers. Check Into Cash. Anderson News or whatever it's called these days. The Hands of the local beer empire.

Thunder (Thornton)
Oil (Big Jim)

They all sit on the floor at the TBA. Big Jim was on the kiss-cam tonight. Thunder wasn't in his seat, but he could have been up in a suite. RG's son rarely misses watching a game court-side.

What's our RPI?

Interesting.

Projected 5 seed before yesterday.

It it takes going 0-5 to begin conference play to have a wake up call then this would makes sense...but, no. TAM maybe isn't that good.

It it takes going 0-5 to begin conference play to have a wake up call then this would makes sense...but, no. TAM maybe isn't that good.

They weren't at full strength before last night. But it's getting late for them to put it together and they seemed reluctant to play physical with all that size.

I'm glad we drew them in the first half of the season rather than the back side. I wouldn't want to see them in the SECT.

Thunder (Thornton)
Oil (Big Jim)

What's our RPI?

I sit right behind Thunder, down from Goodfriend who is definitely not a power broker, doubt he ever was. Thunder probably does have a little more influence since Phil is now AD. Big Jim probably handed the baton to Jimmy years ago. I was somewhat hoping that you were one of the Power brokers :) just trying to put the pieces together. Thanks so much for responding.

We'll, anybody that's donated 7 figures or more wields some power and has a seat at the table if they want one. There are several, so it's more of a power struggle at times rather than brokering.

I left off the other Charlie. And I forget the insurance guy's name up in VA. There's also the Johnson guy that helped send Johnny packing. And let's not forget the Stokely family or Samson. But that's another topic if somebody wants to start a thread.

Somebody needs to write a book on all of the donor infighting.

So back on topic, how 'bout that RPI?

Purdue is on a roll. What's it looking like in the other conferences? The SEC has maybe 13 still in the mix for bids, but 3 or 4 need to string some wins together. I wonder how many are being eliminated from the other 5 big conferences? The SEC should get a record number of bids this year.

We'll, anybody that's donated 7 figures or more wields some power and has a seat at the table if they want one. There are several, so it's more of a power struggle at times rather than brokering.

I left off the other Charlie. And I forget the insurance guy's name up in VA. There's also the Johnson guy that helped send Johnny packing. And let's not forget the Stokely family or Samson. But that's another topic if somebody wants to start a thread.

Somebody needs to write a book on all of the donor infighting.

So back on topic, how 'bout that RPI?

Purdue is on a roll. What's it looking like in the other conferences? The SEC has maybe 13 still in the mix for bids, but 3 or 4 need to string some wins together. I wonder how many are being eliminated from the other 5 big conferences? The SEC should get a record number of bids this year.

The SEC will get the most in history unless there is a massive meltdown - which there could be - an injury here or a suspension there. There really is no margin for error. Teams like Vandy, Arky, Texas A & M, Georgia, Miss, State --all good teams but you can't afford a lot of slip-ups or even a couple.

If we end up at 50% in our conference games - we are in, imho.

We are one of 4 SEC teams projected as in, not on the bubble, just in. If we play as we have been RPI is only a factor for seeding.

Here what little I can add to your muddle mix of donors book that you are going to write. Well I will save that to a later date - if anyone is interested.

The SEC will get the most in history unless there is a massive meltdown - which there could be - an injury here or a suspension there. There really is no margin for error. Teams like Vandy, Arky, Texas A & M, Georgia, Miss, State --all good teams but you can't afford a lot of slip-ups or even a couple.

If we end up at 50% in our conference games - we are in, imho.

We are one of 4 SEC teams projected as in, not on the bubble, just in. If we play as we have been RPI is only a factor for seeding.

Here what little I can add to your muddle mix of donors book that you are going to write. Well I will save that to a later date - if anyone is interested.

The numbers look good for TN right now. The most difficult part of the schedule is almost in the rear view mirror AND the roster might improve down the stretch for once instead of falling apart as it has been for several years. The regulars have been trending up and now Johnson appears to be entering the mix. Walker has been more reliable (other than the 3 quick TOs a couple games ago). But if Pons and/or Kent are going to add anything they need to start getting some minutes soon.

Thunder (Thornton)
Oil (Big Jim)

What's our RPI?

Last RPI I saw was 13th at .644.

VN Store

Back