The Official #24 Tennessee vs. Texas A&M Game Thread, 6:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I like the Barnes stats in post #2. But ATM has been a better BB program since they've joined the SEC. IIRC, they really had Cuonzo's number.

The OT loss at A&M in his last year was the deal breaker for me and CCM. There were signs before that, but his offense was terrible and we should have won that game. Just wanted to get to the NCAAT and figure the coaching later, which is what happened.

The 4OT game the year before was pretty epic.

“Best win” may be the wrong way to put it, but can’t think of anything else. It’s a loss on paper.

I tend to agree, could possibly push that number even higher.

I think we will need 50+ from those not named Williams & Schofield and that as a team we will need to shoot 40%+ from deep...also <10 turnovers. Oh, and rebound the ball :)

Would also add that we'll need to finish with more points at the end of the game &#128541;

Reactions: 1 person
Mostly man iirc, but they throw in zone (both 3-2 and 2-3). Not sure they'll do the same with UT being a much better team from deep.

Cat and mouse game. Kennedy goes to a zone, Barnes puts Fulkerson in at the high post. Kennedy pulls out of the zone.

If so I think we go down unfortunately, depth will have to step up big time.

TN won't really need a long bench if they can stay out of foul trouble. But they could use somebody to step up at post. Fulkerson or Walker need to contribute.

At Vandy TN pretty much used a 6 man rotation. Fulkerson wasn't effective and didn't play much. Darrington and Walker barely played.

I think they pretty much had everyone back for the UK game (probably not at 100% though).

I think Kentucky's NBA type Length is a better match up then ours. I know that our game is more power and efficiency then size, but idk just not feeling confident about our chances here especially given how hungry they will be for a win.

VN Store

Back