Neyland I (Formerly known as Gruden Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose this should go on the “What Did You Have for Dinner” thread, but eff ‘em.

DH seared a NY strip streak in a cast iron skillet on the range, then put it in the oven at 250. (Took several years of persuading to get him to try.) It was amazing. Tender all the way through, perfect color, great crust or whatever the foo-foo term is.

I sautéed red pepper strips and shallots in olive oil, and made mushroom gravy in brandy, then applied them to the steaks. Completely forgot the broccoli.

Urp.

It took two days of rain to make him abandon the charcoal grill. :)

Happy Friday, y’all.

Reactions: 2 people
I suppose this should go on the “What Did You Have for Dinner” thread, but eff ‘em.

DH seared a NY strip streak in a cast iron skillet on the range, then put it in the oven at 250. (Took several years of persuading to get him to try.) It was amazing. Tender all the way through, perfect color, great crust or whatever the foo-foo term is.

I sautéed red pepper strips and shallots in olive oil, and made mushroom gravy in brandy, then applied them to the steaks. Completely forgot the broccoli.

Urp.

Happy Friday, y’all.

Yum!!

Reactions: 1 person

Urp.

Happy Friday, y’all.

I used to eat my steaks that way but I discovered a better method. Do it backwards. Reverse sear tastes better, I think. Oven first, bring it up to 115, then sear it in the pan.

Both are phenomenal though.

Reactions: 4 people

Urp.

Happy Friday, y’all.

Nom nom. Snowing in knoxvegas.

I used to eat my steaks that way but I discovered a better method. Do it backwards. Reverse sear tastes better, I think. Oven first, bring it up to 115, then sear it in the pan.

I have done the reverse sear and liked it, cooked it low for about 40 minutes.

Either way, cast iron is the way to go.

I have done the reverse sear and liked it, cooked it low for about 40 minutes.

Either way, cast iron is the way to go.

Can’t argue with the cast iron. Put some thyme sprigs on it in the oven. Butter baste in the skillet during the searing process.

You can do this with Sous Vide and the steak will be perfect every time.

VZ, come save me from myself. I’m completely gone brother.

Sorry Charlie, I took some baclofen and meloxicam with a shot of Jameson and a Stella. Passed out at 10 o'clock. Shoveled about 2 tons of snow and ice off my steep driveway with a 6 inch spade while my stepson played video games. Could hardly walk. Hope you made it home brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back