So JJ refused to catch passes from JG???

Bauce

Just listened to the Volquest Podcast and they talked about how when it was JG turn to throw, JJ would get out of the line.

This is a shock to me. Why would a receiver refuse to catch a pass from another QB? Seems real petty to me.

Reactions: 6 people
This can't be accurate. We all know JG has a hard time hitting receivers, so it's likely he wouldn't have had to catch anything.

Reactions: 36 people
The whole world is getting pretty petty IMO. Goes with the "soft" assessment of our football team. Pruitt doesn't appear to be the kind of man who puts up with soft and petty. Jennings gets outta line...then he stays off the field...period. Send a clear message early. Petty and soft resulted in a losing season. I'd put a sign up at practice, "no snowflake zone". Haircuts and curfews for everybody until they figure this out.

Reactions: 15 people
This can't be accurate. We all know JG has a hard time hitting receivers, so it's likely he wouldn't have had to catch anything.

200.webp

Reactions: 8 people
The whole world is getting pretty petty IMO. Goes with the "soft" assessment of our football team. Pruitt doesn't appear to be the kind of man who puts up with soft and petty. Jennings gets outta line...then he stays off the field...period. Send a clear message early. Petty and soft resulted in a losing season. I'd put a sign up at practice, "no snowflake zone". Haircuts and curfews for everybody until they figure this out.

So true...

Reactions: 5 people
I could be reaching, but I remember people saying on the board that it seem like some of the WRs didn't catch the ball(showed even less effort) when JG came in. Maybe JJ was in their ear...

Well, I trust CJP to change this toxic culture.

Reactions: 3 people
Just listened to the Volquest Podcast and they talked about how when it was JG turn to throw, JJ would get out of the line.

This is a shock to me. Why would a receiver refuse to catch a pass from another QB? Seems real petty to me.

Don't put much into heresay. Even if true, he's not on the team, and even if allowed back on, won't be back for long if does this stuff. I think he'll be allowed back on team thru spring practice as a trial to prove he can be a useful member of the team. He's a competitor for sure...we need some of those, even if need an attitude adjustment.

Reactions: 1 person
I could be reaching, but I remember people saying on the board that it seem like some of the WRs didn't catch the ball(showed even less effort) when JG came in. Maybe JJ was in their ear...

Well, I trust CJP to change this toxic culture.

If true, maybe this is on JG rather than JJ. Maybe JG is a real ass and the receivers can't stand him. That seems to fit more with the scenario than JJ getting in other receiver's ears based on JG's attitude we've seen.

I honestly think this is a bunch of crap and there is no truth to it. I seriously doubt any coach would allow that to happen.

Reactions: 6 people
Pruitt will fix this none sense. He is a coach that will either make you play, or you’re going to be benched. If these guys want to be in the nfl, then this is a great opportunity for all of the remaining players to pick up their game a notch or two.

If true, maybe this is on JG rather than JJ. Maybe JG is a real ass and the receivers can't stand him. That seems to fit more with the scenario than JJ getting in other receiver's ears based on JG's attitude we've seen.

I honestly think this is a bunch of crap and there is no truth to it. I seriously doubt any coach would allow that to happen.

Yeah, cause finding out Lyle allowed this to happen would just be a punch to the gut.....

Most starters only want to catch passes from the starting qb. Jj was hurt when jg started. So it’s no big deal and doesn’t matter. For those who didn’t play college ball, this is typical guys.

Reactions: 1 person
let it go.. we have a new coach and new AD hit the reset button and let butthurt melt away.. for new butthurt

JG's behavior during the GT game... then Jones' keeping the competition open just long enough for JG to win it... might give you a couple of clues.

JJ came in, changed positions, played physical, led by example,... JG came in entitled with the same kinds of promises that Hurd supposedly got.

Reactions: 4 people

That just isn't true. When he had time he was very accurate. And more importantly doesn't throw Int's. He completed 61% of his passes compared to QD's 55%. And before anyone says he threw shorter passes than QB that would also be wrong. JG had 7.2 per attempt compared to 6.8 for QD. The adjusted average per attempt factors in yards per attempt and TD and Int's. Again JG's is significantly higher 7.1 compared to 5.7. JG also had the higher QB rating 128 to 117. And lastly JG played vs the more difficult schedule. Dormady started and played 1 game vs a bowl team and didn't even finish the GA game. JG started 5 games vs bowl teams and finished the GA game so that's 6 total. Then McBride started 1 and it was a bowl team. Vs bowl teams. QD's 1 game(Start) vs bowl opp..5/16 31%...67 yards 0 TD 2 Int's Zero points Avg game. JG 66/100 66%..924 yards.. just 1 TD but only 1 int. And in JG's defense those 5 starts Kelly didn't have a single 100 yd game and the run game averaged 104 yards a game. Take away the 204 vs UK his other 4 starts the run game averaged 79yds a game. Outside of only throwing 1 TD during his starts I don't know how much more he could have done with no run game helping him out and taking pressure of a FR QB. There's not 1 thing QD did better and JG by far played the toughest part of the schedule. JG started 1 game vs a team who didn't make a bowl..4 of 5 games QD started weren't bowl eligible. I don't get the JG hate from some fans. Those stats don't lie and there's no valid argument for QD playing the better of the 2. Considering the horrible playcalling, the injuries on the OLine and lack of player development I don't know much more he could have done. Taking less hits and getting rid of the ball quicker were his biggest downfalls. But that can be coached, the toughness and heart he showed can't be coached.

Reactions: 16 people
JG's behavior during the GT game... then Jones' keeping the competition open just long enough for JG to win it... might give you a couple of clues.

JJ came in, changed positions, played physical, led by example,... JG came in entitled with the same kinds of promises that Hurd supposedly got.

He didn't leave it open just to do it. QD was leading the SEC in turnovers, only completing 55% of his passes, had a knack for Red zone and End zone turnovers. And in his 5 starts 1 team made a bowl. It wasn't like he benched Dormady then replaced him with JG because of his play. It was because of injuries. He would have played JG vs GA Tech and started him before the GA game if favoritism was a factor. There's not 1 clue that suggests what you are saying. I posted a few mins ago in the topic the comparison between QD and JG and it's not even close. JG was the better QB in every Facet.

Reactions: 10 people
Pruitt will fix this none sense. He is a coach that will either make you play, or you’re going to be benched. If these guys want to be in the nfl, then this is a great opportunity for all of the remaining players to pick up their game a notch or two.

That needs to go into VN verbiage along with escape goat, pocket presents, and some other classics. 😀

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back