The Official NBA Forum Vols Football Thread

Is there any reason why so many peeople are getting so pumped about what very well may end up the worst signing class at Tennessee in my life?

Is there any reason why so many peeople are getting so pumped about what very well may end up the worst signing class at Tennessee in my life?

I don't think it's our worse. We were 33rd in 2008 and 29th in 2006. We had a total of 5 4-stars between those two classes.

We had a few weeks, half a staff, and an absent HC. I'd say we did OK considering. 5 4-stars is enough to get us in the top 25 rankings if we add some more 3-star depth by NSD. I think we can pull out a few big guns.

The problem is Georgia is just slaughtering us.

I don't think it's our worse. We were 33rd in 2008 and 29th in 2006. We had a total of 5 4-stars between those two classes.

We had a few weeks, half a staff, and an absent HC. I'd say we did OK considering. 5 4-stars is enough to get us in the top 25 rankings if we add some more 3-star depth by NSD. I think we can pull out a few big guns.

We aren't even close right now.

I'm not saying that this is a trend and that things can't get better, I just don't get why there is so much excitement.

I should probably just stop reading anything in the FF. Forgot that I'd already learned that lesson years ago.

I'm not saying that this is a trend and that things can't get better, I just don't get why there is so much excitement.

I should probably just stop reading anything in the FF. Forgot that I'd already learned that lesson years ago.

Except for D4H. Make sure you always read what he has to say.

It's the FF. There's a segment in there that never take off their orange colored glasses.

Well, the entire SEC stunk up bowl season except the 3 rivals we worry about, of course. I was praying for UGA to get blown out and Bama to lose 3-0. As a football fan, the title game will be awesome, but as a Tennessee fan, I have to hold my nose.

Ok, things are coming around now.

Reactions: 1 person
It’s one month, y’all.

Also, I just bought tickets for the Auburn game through Auburn this morning. Anyone ever been there? I’m curious about parking, the atmosphere, and good places to eat and drink.

Reactions: n_huffhines
It’s one month, y’all.

Also, I just bought tickets for the Auburn game through Auburn this morning. Anyone ever been there? I’m curious about parking, the atmosphere, and good places to eat and drink.
I've been but it's been a while. The atmosphere is great, but i just parked at a friend's house and walked over. Maybe @WarDamnVols can help with that.

I’m not confident about the offense but does anyone else think the defense may pleasantly surprise?
Yes. We have good talent. It just wasn't coached well. The concerns about the defense stem from the fact that it's a new scheme, hence a learning curve, communication issues, and players that just weren't recruited to play that way. But on sheer talent, yes, if we have a decent strategy, we should be okay.

VN Store

Back