Netflix

I would say for the most part that isn't a concern. You might get blackballed if your business is a religious book store and you are atheist, but if you own a car dealership, there are enough people that don't care about that to support your business.

The idea is like most things, it has value, but it also has a bad downside. I used to think most people are reasonable, but this era is killing that for me.

The idea is like most things, it has value, but it also has a bad downside. I used to think most people are reasonable, but this era is killing that for me.

Agreed, but at the same time, I think part of that is people are in echo chambers and technology is now making the world smaller which reveals that. People seem unreasonable cause lashing out is a common reaction to coming out of your bubble.

If we see comprehensive information on everybody, we'll start to realize you can't boycott every idea you don't like. For example, I know people who boycott Shell gas stations because of an article they read about them being bad to the environment. They couldn't even remember the details. Anyway, if they had symmetrical information, they would probably quickly find that every competing company has environmental concerns. Exposure to that kind of truth can be transformative. Instead of fooling themselves into thinking they make moral decisions in favor of the environment, they are faced with the fact that their activity inevitably comes with an environmental cost.

Right now I'm on:

Stranger Things-Season 2

Dark Mirror-starting season one this weekend

Dexter- season 2

The Wire- season 1

Right now I'm on:

Stranger Things-Season 2

Dark Mirror-starting season one this weekend

Dexter- season 2

The Wire- season 1

Pro tip: give it all up and just watch the wire straight through. I'm watching it for like the 5th time, myself.

Agreed, but at the same time, I think part of that is people are in echo chambers and technology is now making the world smaller which reveals that. People seem unreasonable cause lashing out is a common reaction to coming out of your bubble.

If we see comprehensive information on everybody, we'll start to realize you can't boycott every idea you don't like. For example, I know people who boycott Shell gas stations because of an article they read about them being bad to the environment. They couldn't even remember the details. Anyway, if they had symmetrical information, they would probably quickly find that every competing company has environmental concerns. Exposure to that kind of truth can be transformative. Instead of fooling themselves into thinking they make moral decisions in favor of the environment, they are faced with the fact that their activity inevitably comes with an environmental cost.

Good point. I don't like Starbucks politics, but I don't boycott them, and I will not unless they do something just egregiously offensive to me.

I try to understand people even when I don't agree with them.

You should boycott Starbucks because there are 10x better options that are usually small businesses.

That is your opinion, I don't frequent them much because there is not one close by. I frequent a little local coffee shop that has awesome stuff.

On the other hand Starbucks has some selections I love, and when traveling I will stop in if I can.

VN Store

Back