The Golf Thread

A banker that I know had been the year before and figured it all out from tee times to hotel to ground transportation. He actually ended up going with us.

If you're thinking of putting something together, I can tell you how to do it or put you in touch with my guy.

ok

I've got a group of us that have done several local trips, and 2 of them want to go to Asia, but I want to go to Scotland

I'm not a big fan of golf in Asia if that's what you're going for. I've played in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia. If it's for a golf trip you should 100% go to Scotland. However, for general tourism Southeast Asia blows everything else out of the water.

I'm not a big fan of golf in Asia if that's what you're going for. I've played in Singapore, Thailand, Indonesia, and Malaysia. If it's for a golf trip you should 100% go to Scotland. However, for general tourism Southeast Asia blows everything else out of the water.

thanks, one of the guys lived in Hong Kong,, so he really wants to go thru Hong Kong on the trip for a couple of days

Anyone here ever tried their hand at making their own putter? I've had this dream of starting my own putter company and have some great ideas as far as some of the standard business ideas (name, logo, etc). But I have no clue where to start as far as building it.

Golf component manufacturing is a very tough business, putters especially. So many tried and fail stories. One offs from a local machine shop can be expensive. Talk personally to some of the guys that do it as a boutique business and get their input.
Ken Uselton – Xenon Putters Nashville - Xenon Golf Co. - Home | Facebook
LaMont Mann – MannKrafted Putters - MannKrafted Custom Milled Putters
August Slivnik – BOS Golf – he can manufacture the heads for you in lots of 100 if you don’t have a CNC operation – BOS Golf

Best to you in gettin it going

Thanks for that advice. This idea may never come to fruition, but it's been a dream of mine since I stopped trying to make it on Tour.

I've had experience with Lamont Mann, he's great to work with..

I haven't gotten one of his putters, but he has refinished several Camerons for me

Was able to check an item off the bucket list today. This was from the 10th fairway at Pebble Beach. By far the hardest course I've ever played.

Attachments

• 24909958_10105699694363695_7699052376738645401_n.jpg
    24909958_10105699694363695_7699052376738645401_n.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: 2 people
Highly recommended if y'all get the chance. Pretty easy to get a tee time as well so long as it isn't peak season. And of course I had to rock the orange. Had at least 5 people come up to me and say "Congrats on the new coach" on the range and in the clubhouse.

Reactions: 1 person
Want to see a grown man cry?

Play the end of The Greatest Game Ever Played where Ouimet only takes his dad’s dollar.

Trying to plan our annual guys' golf weekend, and it was suggested that maybe NC mountain golf would be fun. Anyone know of good places to stay and play around Asheville/Western Carolina?

Stay at the Grove Park Inn.
Play the hotel course.
Eat the elk at the Red Stag.
Drink at one of about 87 microbreweries downtown.
Go back to the hotel and drink in the lobby.
Go downstairs and drink in the piano bar.
Go back upstairs and drink on the porch.

Rinse. Repeat

Brasstown Valley and Old Toccoa Farm are good tracks if staying at one of the Harrahs properties.

I was at a meeting at Brasstown Valley a few months ago. Really good course and the hotel isn't bad. not a lot else going on up there though.

Stay at the Grove Park Inn.
Play the hotel course.
Eat the elk at the Red Stag.
Drink at one of about 87 microbreweries downtown.
Go back to the hotel and drink in the lobby.
Go downstairs and drink in the piano bar.
Go back upstairs and drink on the porch.

Rinse. Repeat

Would also recommend the Artisinal Buffet at GPI either Friday or Saturday.

If you want something a little smaller, Old Edwards Inn in Highland has a great course and accommodations are top notch.

Thanks guys. I don't know if a say at Grove Park will meet some of the guys' budget, but I'll put that out there. Haven't played the course there, but it looked decent. I've eaten at Red Stag, and it's great.

Sequoyah National, Mt Mitchell, and Maggie Valley Golf Club look promising, as well.

Thanks guys. I don't know if a say at Grove Park will meet some of the guys' budget, but I'll put that out there. Haven't played the course there, but it looked decent. I've eaten at Red Stag, and it's great.

Sequoyah National, Mt Mitchell, and Maggie Valley Golf Club look promising, as well.

Mt Mitchell is a great course.

VN Store

Back