Five-star SG Anfernee Simons visiting this weekend

Previously a Louisville commit.

I'm sure he's been discussed somewhere in this forum but didn't see a thread on him.

Thoughts on our chances? Who's the last five star visitor we had?

Anfernee Simons to visit Tennessee | Zagsblog

As for your OP freak...

The last 8 or 9 predictions on 247 have all been Tennessee, included in those are Jerry Meyer and Andrew Slater, two of the national guys who typically have pretty good intel on these kids. Fwiw Slater is the guy who was predicting Petrusev to Gonzaga while he was still on an official visit to Tennessee, so he’s pretty solid usually.

Tennessee is selling him on coming in to a program on the rise and that they are returning 12/13 players, that he is the missing piece to take them to the next level. Obviously the better UT is this year the more attractive that becomes to him, being ranked for over a month has helped that and a win Saturday with him in attendance would obviously be ideal.

My only concern is we are bringing him in early...if he has his mind made up that he’s going to take all his OV’s then his recruitment could drag on another 1-2 months after he visits Knoxville. If that were to happen I would feel less and less confident he’s a Vol with each visit he opts to take after his OV to Tennessee.

Reactions: 1 person
"Rick Barnes is a good coach and he’s known for putting players in the league especially guards," Simons said.

This really sticks out to me.

1st pick 5.8 mil
5th pick 3.8 mil
10th pick 2.5 mil
15th pick 1.9mil
20th pick 1.5 mil
25th pick 1.25 mil
30th pick gets 1.1 mil

So a pretty big difference when you jump up into the top 10. The 2nd year takes a pretty big jump for the top 10 too.

Hypothetically I'll put him as the 20th pick in the 2018 class since that's where one mock has him and then put him as the 8th pick in the 2019 mock where another mock has him.

20th pick
1st year 1,549,500
2nd year 1,839,200
3rd year 2,149,000
Total: $5,537,700

8th pick
1st year 2,917,600
2nd year 3,463,100
3rd year 4,046,500
Total:$10,427,200

So he would potentially make $3,340,000 more in a 3 year period by staying for 1 year and getting picked 8th instead of 20th.

3 year contract
1st pick 20,926,100
30th pick 4,153,200

Good info Stoked...

From what I’ve read he’s looking for a lottery guarantee, if he doesn’t get that he’s going to college.

"Rick Barnes is a good coach and he’s known for putting players in the league especially guards," Simons said.

This really sticks out to me.

You'd think that would have been used to recruit other highly ranked guards to Tennessee in the past 3 years.

It was Michael Schwartz who brought us Pons.
If Schwartz is working on Simons, then May the Schwartz be with us!

Schwartz.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
From what I've seen he is going to college. If he comes out now he has been rated anywhere from late teens/early 20s to second round. He can play one year and become a top ten pick. I think he plays somewhere one year. It would be the smart thing to do. Unless he wants to start his clock for the second contract.

You asked a question and I answered it.

Keep playing dumb.

Rick Barnes hasn't done a good enough job recruiting to Tennessee.

^^^ I know this statement kills you.

Just funny you’re giving credit to Tyndall for getting guys to visit but not commit yet criticize Barnes for bringing in guys for visit but not getting them to commit. Funny stuff.

This would be the biggest get since stokes. Add him on this team, and we are probably undefeated. He’s that good.

Just funny you’re giving credit to Tyndall for getting guys to visit but not commit yet criticize Barnes for bringing in guys for visit but not getting them to commit. Funny stuff.

I was just pointing out that in a few months he had several highly ranked visitors. Thought it was interesting.

Do you want me to criticize DT for not signing people?

This would be the biggest get since stokes. Add him on this team, and we are probably undefeated. He’s that good.

I think bigger get than Stokes, probably up there with Tobias.

I don’t think Stokes or Hubbs we’re guys projected as fringe lottery picks, Hopson & Tobias I believe we’re though.

Why criticize one and “find it interesting” for the other?

Found it interesting he got them to visit so early in his tenure. That's all.

It all came crashing down for him before the signing period anyway. I've pretty much wiped his entire 12 months here from my memory. It was like a bad dream filled with Derek Reese bloopers.

visiting is cool...staying is better...come on Coach B...we need these talented ballers...give him a hat...and,

GO VOLS!

I think bigger get than Stokes, probably up there with Tobias.

I don’t think Stokes or Hubbs we’re guys projected as fringe lottery picks, Hopson & Tobias I believe we’re though.

Yup way bigger than Stokes and Hubbs, maybe even bigger than Tobias. Both ranked about the same though.

Found it interesting he got them to visit so early in his tenure. That's all.

It all came crashing down for him before the signing period anyway. I've pretty much wiped his entire 12 months here from my memory. It was like a bad dream filled with Derek Reese bloopers.

Again, he clearly has cheated to get guys like that here. I'm pretty sure that's why he was able to do so that early in his tenure.

Again, he clearly has cheated to get guys like that here. I'm pretty sure that's why he was able to do so that early in his tenure.

You think he was paying kids to OV?

College basketball recruiting is dirty. Bruce and Donnie aren't the only UT coaches who broke rules.

Hope you know that.

It says this kid is a projected first rounder. Why would he even consider going to ANY college? Hmmmm...be a multi-millionaire at age 19, or go to school (for one year) and take a bunch of silly classes? Hard choice.

And couldn’t close on them? How’s that different from Barnes getting Petrusev/Yurtseven/Jenkins on campus and not closing, which is what you’ve been critical of?

Tyndall had Clarke committed until the NCAA issue broke about a week before signing day.

VN Store

Back