Da Reds thread

75 wins this season

Sounds about right. Pitching couldn't possibly be as bad. Full season with Castillo - Homer stayed healthy and should be better. Finnegan and DeSclafani will be better than Adelman and Feldman if they stay healthy. Romano or Mahle will get the 5th spot and will be better than the slop Arroyo threw up there in his half season.

On the other hand - Scooter can't possibly repeat that season offensively. Votto probably can't. Big drop off from Cozart's season to what Peraza will probably do. Doubt Schebler can repeat, the power at least. Hopefully he'll get his BA up. Suarez and Duvall should be able to repeat. Hamilton is just gonna always be a .250 hitter.

In all I'd say the pitching will be better and the offense might not be as good. Won 68 last year so 75 sounds about right. 80 if things go right?

Well that didn't take long. DeSclafani strained oblique-out indefinitely. Finnegan faced 2 batters today and hurt his arm. Here we go again.

They think Finnegan will be ok. Disco may be out a while. Stephenson is still trying to hang on when they break camp. I would be very surprised if Homer stays healthy to the All-Star Break.

Try as I might, I simply cannot warm up to Peraza.

They think Finnegan will be ok. Disco may be out a while. Stephenson is still trying to hang on when they break camp. I would be very surprised if Homer stays healthy to the All-Star Break.

Try as I might, I simply cannot warm up to Peraza.

Yeah Peraza just swings at so many bad pitches. He had 20 walks in over 500 PA last year. Only 6 the first half. He did try to be more selective the 2nd half. He's still just 23. Hopefully he can settle in and put up numbers a little closer to 2016.

Assuming Finnegan is ready opening day it seems like Castillo, Bailey and Romano are locks for 3 spots and they still are talking like Garrett and Stephenson have a better shot at the 5th spot than Mahle. I don't trust Garrett. After his 1st few starts last year he couldn't get me out and then pitched poorly when they sent him down. Mahle seems to me like the safer option. His WHIP is .75 thru 10 innings this spring. But maybe it's better to let him get another half season at AAA since we're going to suck anyway.

I keep thinking Homer looks like he's throwing better than the results he's getting. But regardless of his contract, if he can't get some people out the first half I'd dump him and move on.

Mahle 5 innings-2 hits-0 runs today. Spring ERA is 2.45 and WHIP is .61. 1 more good outing and he's gonna make the rotation. Stephenson and Lorenzen have pitched so bad it looks like it's down to Mahle or Garrett.

Cody Reed started yesterday and proudly pronounced after the game that he is one of the 5 best starters and should be in the rotation opening day. He needs to quit skipping his meds. Spring stats 12 IP 20 Hits 5+ERA.

Hunter Greene saw first live action of spring yesterday. 2 innings, 0 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 4 K. Fastball clocked at low of 96 and high of 100. Every fastball in the first inning was either 99 or 100.

I'm skeptical of Garrett....he started off strong last year and Thom was ready to give him Rookie of the Year and the Cy Young, and then he fell off a cliff.

Cody Reed started yesterday and proudly pronounced after the game that he is one of the 5 best starters and should be in the rotation opening day. He needs to quit skipping his meds. Spring stats 12 IP 20 Hits 5+ERA.

Yeah, I didn't care for that. Be humble. You don't have near enough capital built up not to be. Simmer down, young man.

Meet Cody Reed after a Bats game last season. Huge douche! I'm pulling for him NOT to make the opening day roster or the rotation.

29573075_416666522127436_3885208100508990264_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back