Jeremy Bama Pruitt Nega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
if the OP is really psychic, can he tell me when bitcoin is gonna collapse so I can short the hell out of it?

Yep, so let them get their chance elsewhere and then come here after proving themselves. I mean we are a top 10-15 program all time. I still think we are a great job that can attract proven coaches. The money has to be there though.

And for every time you say this, you can be proven wrong 3 or 4 times.

So what you are saying, is that since I've been an assistant manager for nearly 9 years, and the company I have worked for has been successful ( it has ), that I deserve a promotion to run a fortune 500 company?

Yes, I see coaching at UT, and coaching in the sec, the toughest conference in America, as a fortune 500 company of college football.

My educated guess is that cjp is not ready. Just like I'm most likely not ready to handle a fortune 500 company.

No. But if you have been an executive VP at arguably the most successful fortune 500 company over the last decade, you might deserve a chance to run a company. This is the better analogy.

Would your "educated guess" also have earmarked Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley for failure?

No. But if you have been an executive VP at arguably the most successful fortune 500 company over the last decade, you might deserve a chance to run a company. This is the better analogy.

Would your "educated guess" also have earmarked Dabo Swinney, Kirby Smart and Lincoln Riley for failure?

or Fulmer, or Cutcliffe, or Richt, or Fisher or Mullen or Strong or Malzahn

i think the biggest reason the coordinator deal is used against Pruitt is that while he's done the DC thing for, what, 5 years total? he's done it at 3 schools, so you don't identify him like you did some of those other coordinators that were at their position at one place for a fairly lengthy tenure, being recognized as a key cog in that programs success.

but there's no real denying that at every stop Pruitt's been, he's recruited and coached at an elite level.....and until proven otherwise, that's what he is. he's in a perfect situation because of the circumstances, so he's going to get a pretty good honeymoon, and not a ton of pressure to win any kind of championship, immediately.

he's been on the job for 8 days. hardly enough time to call it.....one way or the other.

i think we'll be able to tell fairly quickly, and get him two recruiting cycles and you'll really be able to tell.

Reactions: 2 people

No, the better analogy would be if he were the VP for two years at the fortune 500 company that was already successful for over a decade. The better analogy is that he was hired as VP to simply continue the success that others put the work in to build ( saban and smart ). These "others" built the thing, over the course of many years, and this new VP came in and has followed for two years what it took the others 10 plus years to build.

There is also something to be said about knowing the answers, and knowing the "why" behind the answers. But, that's getting deeper than I want to talk about so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

i think the biggest reason the coordinator deal is used against Pruitt is that while he's done the DC thing for, what, 5 years total? he's done it at 3 schools, so you don't identify him like you did some of those other coordinators that were at their position at one place for a fairly lengthy tenure, being recognized as a key cog in that programs success.

but there's no real denying that at every stop Pruitt's been, he's recruited and coached at an elite level.....and until proven otherwise, that's what he is. he's in a perfect situation because of the circumstances, so he's going to get a pretty good honeymoon, and not a ton of pressure to win any kind of championship, immediately.

he's been on the job for 8 days. hardly enough time to call it.....one way or the other.

i think we'll be able to tell fairly quickly, and get him two recruiting cycles and you'll really be able to tell.

You guys naming these few that won championships first time around, do you really want me to unload on you 100 ( at the least, because there are many more ) names of those who failed the first time around? Really???

You guys naming these few that won championships first time around, do you really want me to unload on you 100 ( at the least, because there are many more ) names of those who failed the first time around? Really???

or you could read the whole post and see where i said it's too early to tell.........EITHER WAY.

but you do what you do.

Reactions: 1 person
the old, agree to disagree, comes to mind. time has proven and will continue to prove who is right, in general that is. small chances are, you guys may be right, we hit a homerun. we'll see :)

the old, agree to disagree, comes to mind. time has proven and will continue to prove who is right, in general that is. small chances are, you guys may be right, we hit a homerun. we'll see :)

so you'd rather him be a bust, and us suck again, so you could be right?

Reactions: 2 people

Yes, name every one of them.

so you'd rather him be a bust, and us suck again, so you could be right?

no, that is not my angle. i'm simply warning folks to approach this new hire cautiously. evidence suggests he won't make it. get excited, support the team, but realize he has a tremendous mountain to climb. then, if he doesn't make the climb, take it easy on the feller and his family, and hope we get a better one the next round.

Yes, name every one of them.

From the SEC only, and only back to the 80's. s.croom, d.cutcliffe, e. orgeron, m.shula, r.goff, w.muschamp, r.zook, b.scott, w.widenhofer, r.caldwell, j.phillips.

this doesn't even include the coaches who left other programs on their own, having won 0 championships, came to the sec, and were fired. and, like I said, this list only goes back to the 80's, and only is the sec. imagine how many names I could put on here if I included all of fbs? then, all the way back to say....the 50's???

Why? It's just a different opinion than yours. I wish you, or CJP, or UT, no ill will.

I have no problems with differing opinions. Lord knows most on here do not agree with me. But, at least present an argument that at least makes some sense.

I will take this one step at a time - You consider Pruitt an Alabama fan. Does that make Nick Saban a Kent State fan? If your answer is yes, then what is the difference?

You state that in 4 years Pruitt will not be here. This based off your prediction of dire results. This may be the only statement that makes sense. If by year 3, we are already at the point of firing Pruitt, well then too many expect too much too quickly.

Then you cover the dire results prediction by saying that he will return to Alabama in 4 years or less. Based on what? Rumors that Saban is going to retire? Well, if by some miracle he does, why would they not turn to Dabo Swinney? I assume you know he is an Alabama grad as well.

Oh and just because you use inane nicknames to bash coaches, doesn't mean we all do that.

no, that is not my angle. i'm simply warning folks to approach this new hire cautiously. evidence suggests he won't make it. get excited, support the team, but realize he has a tremendous mountain to climb. then, if he doesn't make the climb, take it easy on the feller and his family, and hope we get a better one the next round.
after all your posts on this topic, you reallyyyyy need to learn to use IMHO way more than you do !

This. Nice job, Jake.

Coach Pruitt's a winner. Been awhile since we had one of those around here.

Go Vols. Oh...and Steelers, and Pens.

Pruitt is a SURE TIME winner. However, he is GUMPER through and through.

Maybe he can separate the two, his allegiance to Bammers vs anyone else but I can tell you from being around him at Hoover and seeing all his buddies, they all wear gump hats, gump jerseys and he's right in the middle of it.

Maybe he is growing to the point of separation from those loyalties but he's been a 100% gump since I met him in 2005.

Pruitt is a SURE TIME winner. However, he is GUMPER through and through.

Maybe he can separate the two, his allegiance to Bammers vs anyone else but I can tell you from being around him at Hoover and seeing all his buddies, they all wear gump hats, gump jerseys and he's right in the middle of it.

Maybe he is growing to the point of separation from those loyalties but he's been a 100% gump since I met him in 2005.

Why does this make a difference?

Oh, we'll definitely give him a chance. Honestly, I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. For some reason, all new head coaching hires seem to bring a measure of excitement.

But, rationally, and if I'm betting my life savings, I'm betting CJP will not make it here.

Tell us ol’ wise one. Who will make it here????Where is Here? You live in Georgia and spit this out.

Yes please. I want you to list every coach that has failed. Don’t leave any out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back