Pruitt, Fulmer, Helton and Friend Visit Cade Mays

I posted this in the Recruiting Forum but will repeat. I wish Cade all the best.

I hope he is on a Clemson team that plays for a NC.

Against UT.

While he sits on the bench behind two other 5 stars.

And we win it all.

:)
That scenario would not hurt my feelings a bit :)

Cade will not be a Vol. From what I was told today. The vist with Cade and the coaches was one big cluster f***. Pruitt might want to control his mouth and other coaches and Fulmer was embarrassed and Cades high school coach thought there were cameras and they were being punked , thats how bad it was.

Insiderz alert :unsure:

Since I joined this site I have been hoping Fulmer's connection to the May family might bear fruit. At this point I have given up hope for Cade. I wish him well at Clemson (but not too well :D).

If it's seriously being reported that Coach didn't exercise enough "mouth discipline" then I think I've heard it all now. Who and why would someone even say that?

I'm sure one of Cade Mays' teammates at Knoxville Catholic (Adam Jones WR son of Butch Jones) had nothing to do with any of this business about as much as I'm sure the Knox Cath coach believed that he had no reason for hard feelings either. Aside from the fact that human nature doesn't change all that often, why would any of them want to poison Cade's perception of Tennessee when it's his best route to the NFL? Then again, maybe everyone's just reading too much into it and it's all just one big coincidence.

He has no filter. He has ticked off prospects, parents, HS coaches, fellow coaches, superiors (by far the most), and boosters. I was serious when I said he would be fine but Phil needed to keep him on a leash. Ran his mouth once too many at Ga and lost a fight to a coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I have to agree with this. If there was a problem with 'mouth control' I'm betting it wasn't our coaches or AD...

Exactly, and the coaches will never be able to respond to any claims against him, cause that would just make them look bad.

For all we know either Cade, his dad, or his HS coach said something, and CJP responded in kind.

At some point you just gotta stop taking crap from these kids, there are others out there that want and will come to UT without all the hassle.

We should delete this thread and move on. He is a good player who decided to go somewhere else that is his choice. Were moving forward with players that want to be here.

Reactions: 1 person
Carholic’s Head coach hates Tennessee. He was at TN as a QB in the early 90’s. When Fulmer was OC he transferred out to Memphis and is doing what he can to turn kids from UT to other schools. If it was a cluster, I’m sure it had a lot to do with Matthews (Catholic coach).

Making excuses for the Pruitt and company.

Truth is Catholic ends up with some of the best players in Knoxville. To get those to Tennessee, the UT HC is going to have to create a good relationship, one of trust, with Matthews. If Pruitt can't do that - he may as well stop recruiting those players and let them go elsewhere.

It seem that Mayes soured on UT...he doesn't even list us now...Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State..

Wish him the best...it's just fallout from the Jones era...

By volfan102455
Truth is Catholic ends up with some of the best players in Knoxville. To get those to Tennessee, the UT HC is going to have to create a good relationship, one of trust, with Matthews. If Pruitt can't do that - he may as well stop recruiting those players and let them go elsewhere.

Kinda early to be making that judgement. Hes been recruiting in the SEC for a while now.

Last edited:
Yeah, if there is bad blood with Knoxville Catholic that needs to be remedied ASAP. Catholic, Farragut, Maryville, Oak Ridge and Fulton probably need full time recruiters assigned to them. Dobbyn's Bennet and Science Hill up in the Tri-cities has produced some great players too.

Making excuses for the Pruitt and company.

No different than you making excuses for anything and everything NOT UT with nothing other than your opinion to back you up..

Your agenda is really obvious. If you're going to troll, then just troll. Stop trying pass yourself off as the 'all concerned fan' of everything UT.. It's really pathetic..

Reactions: 12 people
Yeah, if there is bad blood with Knoxville Catholic that needs to be remedied ASAP. Catholic, Farragut, Maryville, Oak Ridge and Fulton probably need full time recruiters assigned to them. Dobbyn's Bennet and Science Hill up in the Tri-cities has produced some great players too.

Don't leave out Alcoa:

Cobb_Randall.jpg

We need to just get over the fact this kid is not wearing orange next year.

Move on.

He may find out in 3 or 4 years that he made a big mistake but that is for him to find out.

No different than you making excuses for anything and everything NOT UT with nothing other than your opinion to back you up..

Your agenda is really obvious. If you're going to troll, then just troll. Stop trying pass yourself off as the 'all concerned fan' of everything UT.. It's really pathetic..

I have no agenda. Just stating the truth.

He has no filter. He has ticked off prospects, parents, HS coaches, fellow coaches, superiors (by far the most), and boosters. I was serious when I said he would be fine but Phil needed to keep him on a leash. Ran his mouth once too many at Ga and lost a fight to a coach.

Saban is an arrogant *******.

Meyer is an aloof dick who pisses off everybody who he works with.

The point is, not everybody is Mark Richt. I like that our coach has some fire in him.

All I know is Pruitt had NO trouble lining up some of the best coaches in the nation to work with him --- coaches who had great jobs already. If he was a bad human being, that wouldn't happen.

Take your agenda elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back