Antone Davis Claims Butch Jones' Wife Spread False Info

Just stop with the slander. Both, Antoine Davis and Jones are no longer employed at Tennessee.

Davis burned his bridges with UT with the way he handled himself after he left. He is probably now regretting that and trying to find a way to blame someone else. So let's pick on the wife.

He is not the innocent person you all want to think he is.

Care to elaborate?

So you are saying it is the fans fault that he went sour and not the 41-0 azz kicking the football team and coaches are responsible for. Amazing. You can't make this stuff up.

What's even more amazing is that the fans want to pat themselves on the back for putting a stop to the Schiano hire but then want to pretend their constant barrage of negativity has no impact on 18-23 year old young men. That is the kind of crap you can't make up.

You little whiners can't have it both ways. Either you had an impact on this team and program or you didn't.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence has to know the viciousness of the attacks on FCBJ and the Jones family this year had to make many of the recruits and their families at least question their decision to play at Tennessee.

Here they were entrusting their future and their son's future to a guy, a coach they had taken into their home and had respect for, while on social media, attack after attack was being leveled at this coach and his family. Are you telling me you wouldn't start rethinking where you wanted your kid to be?

Reactions: 7 people
So you are saying it is the fans fault that he went sour and not the 41-0 azz kicking the football team and coaches are responsible for. Amazing. You can't make this stuff up.

It was the fan's negativity that caused the team and staff's shortcomings.

Blue font for the sarcastically challenged.

Reactions: 9 people
Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

You don’t think if Ohio St, Clemson, or Georgia put a lousy product on the field their fans would give them the boo birds? Sorry but this fan base has seen mediocrity for the past decade and fed up with it. We’ve never lost to Georgia like that in my lifetime and I was embarrassed to be a Vol fan that day. We’re starving to see a championship team. If he has that mindset then maybe he shouldn’t be playing football. Players are suppose to have tunnel vision and block that stuff out. I don’t blame him for going to a different program but if what you are saying is the case, seems like he is taking the easy way out.

Reactions: 10 people
What's even more amazing is that the fans want to pat themselves on the back for putting a stop to the Schiano hire but then want to pretend their constant barrage of negativity has no impact on 18-23 year old young men. That is the kind of crap you can't make up.

You little whiners can't have it both ways. Either you had an impact on this team and program or you didn't.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence has to know the viciousness of the attacks on FCBJ and the Jones family this year had to make many of the recruits and their families at least question their decision to play at Tennessee.

Here they were entrusting their future and their son's future to a guy, a coach they had taken into their home and had respect for, while on social media, attack after attack was being leveled at this coach and his family. Are you telling me you wouldn't start rethinking where you wanted your kid to be?
Yeah, I'm so glad that this doesn't happen at any other program in the country when a coaching staff's reputation goes South due to horrible performance.

I know what will make it all better, lets all bicker and argue back and forth with each other about everything that has transpired.

That will make us seem like less of a dumpster fire.

Reactions: 2 people
Clemson right now is a very positive place to be.

UGA right now is a very positive place to be.

OSU, even though they did not make the playoffs, is a very positive place to be.

Those fans are not BOOING, they are cheering. The media is NOT dragging the program through the mud, the media is supportive.

If you can't tell the difference, between the atmosphere at those schools and UT - you obviously are blinded by your own disdain for UT.

And if I am not mistaken these are his top 3. Very apparent that he wants to go to a positive atmosphere.
We just finished a season at 4-8 and 0-8 in conference. If that happened at any of those schools the exact same thing happens. Hell, at UGA they were booing over a 74% career winning coach and ripping him all over social media.

Reactions: 12 people
I think that Butch Jones is a wonderful coach and should be picked up by a school and paid millions of dollars, very soon.

I'll even sign a letter of recommendation if it will get him off of our payroll.

Reactions: 2 people

The fact that anyone with a brain knew Jones was a dead man walking but that had absolutely nothing to do with recruits questioning coming to Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people
Not strange. Mays was apparently close to the former staff. Mays disenchantment with Tennessee started with the UGA game. He heard the boos. He lives in Knoxville - no way to distance himself from the "bad side" of the media and fan base. He has seen and experienced first hand how vicious this fan base can be not only against coaches by also against players.

He appears to want to go to a place where there is positive energy around the team. He knows that with the first bump in the road at UT, it all will start again.

Better not go to oSu then. You think we are bad??

we got a Barb and Butch tag team going on in this thread....

Reactions: 8 people
We just finished a season at 4-8 and 0-8 in conference. If that happened at any of those schools the exact same thing happens. Hell, at UGA they were booing over a 74% career winning coach and ripping him all over social media.

they were also ready to fire Kirby after last season aswell.

Amazing how many one time Jones apologists now see the light... predictable... but somehow still incredible to watch.

Reactions: 1 person

He has always blamed the fans. Look at his post history. I'm not sure why he's here. He reeks of a rival fan traveling under a Vol pseudonym..

Reactions: 5 people
Players who want to make the university great again will get over a loss and understand they can help. If you don't believe that booing, general negativity doesn't impact a decision by a person - I don't know what to tell you.

You think the fans create negativity.
I think the fans respond to the negativity created on the sidelines and the field.
This feels like deja vue...another Butch Jones press conference.

Reactions: 6 people

L O friggin L

Nobody that has followed college football for more than 15 minutes can take this seriously. OSU fans are nuts. Georgia just ran a 10 win coach. Clemson fans wanted to fire Dabo not too long ago.

We're not unique.

Reactions: 12 people
L O friggin L

Nobody that has followed college football for more than 15 minutes can take this seriously. OSU fans are nuts. Georgia just ran a 10 win coach. Clemson fans wanted to fire Dabo not too long ago.

We're not unique.

Yea, but that doesn't fit his BS narrative.. Tennessee fans BAD, everyone elses fans positive and angelic.. His and get you some's schtick is obvious and laughable..

Don't feed the trolls..

Reactions: 4 people

My kids aren't pu$$ie$

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back