Is there a better NFL duo from a school

As mentioned earlier only 2 in top 10 from same school.
Plus phrase the question 2 best player combination, 1 on offense and 1 on defense and our VOLS Reggie & Peyton blow away everyone!!!!

Now try this,,, Which school has produced the best combination of NFL and best NBA player?

My pick is UNC,,, Hard to beat the combo of Michael Jordan and Lawrence Taylor

Go VOLS!!!!!!!

As mentioned earlier only 2 in top 10 from same school.
Plus phrase the question 2 best player combination, 1 on offense and 1 on defense and our VOLS Reggie & Peyton blow away everyone!!!!

Now try this,,, Which school has produced the best combination of NFL and best NBA player?

My pick is UNC,,, Hard to beat the combo of Michael Jordan and Lawrence Taylor

Go VOLS!!!!!!!

PManning and Bernard King is pretty strong.

Reactions: 1 person
PManning and Bernard King is pretty strong.

Very Strong!!!! Might even rank in top 3.

Easier to think of best NBA players ever (Kareem, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Pistol Pete/Shaq) but harder to find a "goat" in football from same school,,,
And now the great NBA players don't even go to school (Kobie, Lebron)

How about Bo and Barkley from Auburn?

Yeah, it starts like this: Brady, that cheater?

This is the most desperate wishful thinking I’ve maybe ever seen here, and that’s saying a lot.

Brady is probably the majority of America’s pick for greatest QB ever, now, and he still has time left. Like it or not.

Hardly. In 10 years neither of these guys will be in discussion of "greatest."

Thanks for the TL/DR version. You hate Brady because he's better than Peyton. Got it.

Just kidding really.

The way I look at it is this. If you and I are both drafting QBs this year and you take Manning and I take Brady, neither one of us is gonna be disappointed. Each can have a CLEAR case made as being the GOAT. No reason to poo poo on Brady just because you're a bigger fan of Manning or vice versa

Last edited:
This is the most desperate wishful thinking I’ve maybe ever seen here, and that’s saying a lot.

Brady is probably the majority of America’s pick for greatest QB ever, now, and he still has time left. Like it or not.

That sucks to hear as a UTK fan, but the truth is what it is.

I prefer the "Mt Rushmore" argument. Basically, a handful of guys have done it as good as its ever gonna be done, and no one can really surpass that. Brady, Peyton, Montana are my three with the fourth spot either Marino or Elway, with the nudge to Elway due to SBs.

Hardly. In 10 years neither of these guys will be in discussion of "greatest."

Eric Berry (and 50 other guys) better than Woodson.
Champ Bailey had better Off and Def stats than Woodson in 1997.
Woodson All-Pro only 3 times in 17 years.
Ronnie Lott, Deion and Ron Woodson: 6.
Ed Reed: 5
Bunch of DBs at 4.

Brady only has 2 NFL MVPs.
All-Pro only twice. [Vinatieri 3 times; Gronk 4]
This tells you all you need to know: Brady a good QB on a great team.
Never had worse than a top-10 D.
His college stats pedestrian. [Dobbs had 30 TDs as a Senior; Brady 30 in entire college career]
Not highly recruited.
Didn't start till Junior year.
Drafted 199 (6th round).

Manning is 5 time NFL MVP. [Only 3 players have 3: Unitas, Favre, Jim Brown.]
Manning 7 time All Pro - most among QBs. [Otto Graham had 7, when NFL had 12 teams.]
Unitas is next QB at 5.
Both Manning records are untouchable.
Only had 2 great Ds in 17 years.
Manning #1 HS recruit.
#1 Pick in NFL draft.
Started as a freshman in college.
Started immediately in NFL (on a 3-13 team).
3-1 v Brady in Championship Games
Has made more money than any football player in history.

Before you trot out Brady's 5-2 record in SBs and 4 SB MVPs:

> Defenses win Championships
> Belichick best HC since Lombardi.
> Belichick best D coach since Neyland.
> 100 people get SB rings every year
> SB MVP is a silly, one-game award.
> Kicker Vinitieri won 3 of the games and CB Butler won the 4th
> Tuck Rule
> Brady a convicted cheater in 2015 (Deflategate).
> Destroyed evidence. Lied.
> Suspended 4 games for cheating in 2016.
> Kraft paid $1,000,000 fine, lost #1 Draft Pick.
> Pats busted for cheating in 2007 (SpyGate).
> Kraft paid $250,000 fine. Lost #1 Draft Pick.

Ignoring these negatives, all you really have to know about Brady is only 2 MVPs and 2 All-Pros. In 17 years.

Reggie White was All-Pro 8 times.
Only Jim Otto and Jerry Rice (10), and Ron Mix and Anthony Munoz (9) have more.

I totally agree with you. Belichick can win 2 of those rings with me at qb much less any other starting nfl qb.
I dont think Brady even gets close on those colts teams!

It could be argued that Eric Berry, if healthy, has the potential to be the greatest safety of all time. Don't know of a better all around safety in the game's modern history aside from Lott, Reed, maybe Troy P.

Eric Berry is a great player, VFL and and even better human by all accounts, but Sean Taylor was the definition of the NFL's modern all-around safety and it's not even close IMO.

Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Both are arguably best to ever play their respective positions.

Love me some Ed Reed. I don't know if this was originally said about him or some other DB but:

3/4 of the Earth is covered by water, the rest by Ed Reed!

The greatest QB of all time and the greatest defensive lineman of all time. Add in Hall of Famer and famous bad a** Doug Atkins, and no one can have a trifecta like that.

Sorry, but Manning isn't the GOAT of QBs. The only people who might think so are from Tennessee

He's right in the conversation behind Gonzalez I think, along with Mackey, Sharpe, Ditka. Best of all, Jason is an all time classy dude. Love him

Ditka doesn't get near enough love. The TE was basically a blocking position before he came along. Really transformed TEs into a multi threat.

If he wasn't such a headcase that will eventually be his own enemy, I think Gronk could be the best all time. He is basically impossible to cover

That you didn't mention Kellen Winslow automatically dismisses you from having a credible opinion

I hate Brady (and the Patriots), but he is a better NFL QB than Manning. There are several QBs I would pick ahead of Manning, it just Brady is the obvious recent one.

I totally agree with you. Belichick can win 2 of those rings with me at qb much less any other starting nfl qb.
I dont think Brady even gets close on those colts teams!

Another poorly informed soul. When Brady tore his knee in early 2008, they didn't make the playoffs.

In most years Manning had far better offensive weapons than Brady has had and it isn't even close

It could be argued that Eric Berry, if healthy, has the potential to be the greatest safety of all time. Don't know of a better all around safety in the game's modern history aside from Lott, Reed, maybe Troy P.

Ken Houston and Kenny Easley might beg to differ.

VN Store

Back