Fulmer

What other AD is making in home visits to recruits? We should all be ecstatic that we finally have an AD that cares about UT athletics. That is the first word of his job title after all. He’s the ATHLETIC Director. Athletics should be his priority and he’s showing us that right now. I bet he would help with basketball recruiting if asked as well. That’s how much he loves UT.

Reactions: 1 person
If you play footall, live in Tennessee, and are too young to have seen coach Fulmer do his thing, you still know who he is and have respect for him. This isn't a bad thing OP.

AD Fulmer is going all out to try and help the program...if you haven't noticed things have changed and trying to play catch-up is hard....guess sometimes you're damned if you do and damned if you don't...:)

GO VOLS!

I know it seems like desperate times right now in recruiting, but seeing Fulmer on the recruiting trail........ Guess a lot of folks were right about him trying to "get in the way" and hiring someone that would allow him to control the next HC. What's y'alls thoughts on seeing Fulmer recruiting

This is how false rumors and fake news gets started!

I'd rather have Fulmer spending the holidays out getting commitments from the Jimmies and Joes rather than kissing up to the Jimmy and Charlies.

Reactions: 3 people
I know it seems like desperate times right now in recruiting, but seeing Fulmer on the recruiting trail........ Guess a lot of folks were right about him trying to "get in the way" and hiring someone that would allow him to control the next HC. What's y'alls thoughts on seeing Fulmer recruiting

You need to just stop.

Reactions: 2 people
While we can all acknowledge Phil has a history that is divisive for some, we should also be able to recognize that he has unquestionably given his all for UT. At this point in the recruiting cycle and with a developing coaching staff, I can't see how his involvement can be considered anything other than a positive :rock:

I can’t believe anyone would criticize Fulmer going on the recruiting trail to help land prospects right now. We don’t have a full staff and there’s limited time to land recruits. He loves UT, led us to a National Championship, and is in the HOF.

We should be very grateful he is willing to take on a bigger job to help our program since we are very limited on time and staff right now.

Anyone that thinks this is meddling is showing ignorant bias.

As long as it’s recruits Pruitt is targeting why would this be anything less than helping? Seriously?

And I’m going to assume the OP is referring to Fulmer visiting with Cade Mays. If I’m not mistaken Fulmer was the OL coach for Cade’s dad back in the 80’s. Pruitt would be a damn fool NOT to use Fulmer to help recruit him.

Yeah because there's no way that Fulmer's experience playing OL at UT, coaching offense, and being HC could possibly help Pruitt in recruiting or trying to get Cade Mays back....

I see people are still not thinking before they press the "Submit" button on here.....

Yeah because there's no way that Fulmer's experience playing OL at UT, coaching offense, and being HC could possibly help Pruitt in recruiting or trying to get Cade Mays back....

I see people are still not thinking before they press the "Submit" button on here.....

Thinking is a requirement?????:thud:

We, as fans, want the program to return to the success of the 90s. Yet complain when the architect of those teams is involved with helping the program return to those days?

Coach Fulmer is all Tennessee....His presence in a prospects house can only help....Some of you people just want to complain...complain...complain.

Reactions: 4 people

Do you remember in the movie "The Blindside" when all the other coaches who were there to watch Michael Oher play pretty much threw in the towel when Fulmer showed up? There's a reason for that. He's a top notch recruiter! I'm glad he's back in the game in any position for the Vols.

Tennessee is way, WAY behind on our recruiting with this new early signing period right on top of us.

Many top recruits have seemed to make up their minds on where they plan to play and after they're signed it's over for us.

If we can add some doubts in the kids minds and give them some options to think about then if we get them to delay signing until the regular National Signing Day that will give us much more time to try to flip them to Tennessee and that delay in signing will be a Win for our recruiting.

Once upon a time Fulmer was a excellent recruiter, he wears a National Championship ring and he's in the Hall of Fame and he bleeds Tennessee Orange and still totally loves football so all of that will get some kids and their parents attention.

Not many people in a AD position could, or would, be able to step in and help with recruiting at all so Fulmer offering to work his butt off and help Coach Pruitt attempt to get some good players on our roster is a very positive thing at this point.

Fulmer has his plate very full as a new AD with lots to learn and all Tennessee sports to oversee so him being willing to add all of this to his plate is proof that he still really cares about our footVol Team.

After CJP has all his coaches hired and on the hill working then AD Fulmer will go back to his AD position.

I appreciate AD Fulmer being willing to do extra work and help CJP by making lots of extra phone calls and by packing his bags to hit the road to do whatever he can to try to make Tennessee footVol great again.

VFL...GBO!!!

Great observations... Thanks for posting!

My thoughts are that you are being a complete doofus for seeing this as a negative in any way, considering Pruitt just got here and has less than a week to go till early signing day. Besides, never hurts to have Phil with the NC ring and reassuring family of UT tradition, etc. I seriously doubt he will be quite as active next year, once CJP has time to get working on things.

i really don't think he's meddling and has no intention of doing so.

this is a situation based action Fulmer's part, nothing more. i think if he were going to meddle or interfere or anything of the like, he would have made a waaay more comfortable hire vs. hiring an crimson blooded bammer.

to me the fact that he actually hired Pruitt vs. Steele or Martin (wouldn't you think he'd of had way more influence over either of those two seeing as how they both worked with, or played for him in the past?)

no, he hired a guy with a reputation of for speaking his mind, sometimes to his own detriment, that is known for getting things done, and is apparently uber ambitious.

in that regard, that hire alone was about as anti-fulmer as you can get, and certainly doesn't resonate with the "wants total control" mantra.

let it play out. if in a year or two, there's a breakdown in the pruitt/fulmer relationship, then you could probably start speculating on this. for now.....to me it looks like he's trying to do what he said he was going to do.

If you call trying to help make UT great again getting in the way you have the wrong impression...
Fulmer recruiting is great..Maybe he wants to see us have a top 10 class this year and start winning again..His LOVE for UT runnith over...
I say way to go Fulmer and THANKS...
GBO

VN Store

Back