I can hardly wait

ScreaminVolHawkins

In reality, like most of you it doesnt matter who we hired I am ready for more football. I had already sworn it off after the horrible year we have had. I wanted to get Mike Leach. I was convinced giving the Obese Baron the crown was a huge mistake (still am). I believe we settled for a lesser coach than schiano and our fans ate it up bc of fiasco. Probably got yet another Saban henchman failure. I hope I am wrong. I want to believe I am wrong. I needs more UT college football. I can hardly wait...

Strange Days - Juliette Lewis "Hardly Wait" - YouTube

Reactions: 3 people
To be honest, I was done with Tennessee football by the end of the season. It was just too hard to watch and embarrassing. Plus our admin almost killed the program. I'm glad I can be excited again with Pruitt. And it can only go up from here....I think.

Reactions: 6 people
To be honest, I was done with Tennessee football by the end of the season. It was just too hard to watch and embarrassing. Plus our admin almost killed the program. I'm glad I can be excited again with Pruitt. And it can only go up from here....I think.

I agree with you but I blame the offense. At best we are going to have a rotating door of great OCs every few years. We are already starting with a lesser Saban, who at his best is boring as hell on offense. At least with Leach, losing may have been entertaining, you know 45 to 53 or something. We got the literal "little brother" at OC coming up, no idea what to expect. Everyone is gushing over the "best staff in america" again, but what creativity do we have on offense? What are we exited for, besides recruiting?

Schiano - better than Pruitt? I respect your right to an opinion but your logic of a coach 1-game above .500 at a large school in a pitiful conference being the right choice for UT under any set of circumstances is loco.

Reactions: 9 people
We are the best fans in college football and we have been let down for so long.

I am so proud we have a new coach like Jeremy Pruitt who can give us what we deserve.

Reactions: 7 people
Schiano - better than Pruitt? I respect your right to an opinion but your logic of a coach 1-game above .500 at a large school in a pitiful conference being the right choice for UT under any set of circumstances is loco.

Well, knocking Schiano isnt going to change my statement. Let me say first that I agree with you on Schiano. I guess that lets you know where I stand on JP. Hope I am wrong. I dont think we will lose because of lack of effort from the coach, but i dunno why the hell ppl think he will be a good coach. I understand they hope he will. I feel like the Big Orange Crush is leading to another 5 years of boredom and failure, ya know, kinda like he did last time he was involved in the program. Full disclaimer tho, I want to see a vertical offense put up points. I want to see offensive innovation. These things seemed to be frowned upon by the admin in the SEC these days

Reactions: 1 person
Well, knocking Schiano isnt going to change my statement. Let me say first that I agree with you on Schiano. I guess that lets you know where I stand on JP. Hope I am wrong. I dont think we will lose because of lack of effort from the coach, but i dunno why the hell ppl think he will be a good coach. I understand they hope he will. I feel like the Big Orange Crush is leading to another 5 years of boredom and failure, ya know, kinda like he did last time he was involved in the program. Full disclaimer tho, I want to see a vertical offense put up points. I want to see offensive innovation. These things seemed to be frowned upon by the admin in the SEC these days

The last time he was involved in the program we won a National Title. Before his last season, his worst years were what we accapt as normal now.

Reactions: 2 people
Schiano would have run this great program farther into the abyss than you could ever imagine. I've read that players and some former coaches hate the mother he came from for having him. Lol Pruitt can coach circles around paternos pimp.

Which is why I said aside from his last year.

But even that year we didn't lose 8 games.

So?! We didnt lose 8 games with Butch Jones or Vince Dooley's retarded son outside of either of their last years? Doesnt make them good coaches. I want offensive product on the field. I want to challenge every defense we play. Sick of this BS coward offense in the SEC east. We are NOT going to beat bama playing that Yale vs Harvard offense the little man is employing. Look at clemson last year. THROW F****** DOWN FIELD

Man, I get it, so do most of the fan base. We have been though hell the last 10 years, the last 10 YEARS. We are tired and hopeful at the same time. Alot us wanted to believe so much that we wanted, yes wanted, to believe Gruden would take over and prove that Tennessee football is the power house that some of us older folks remember. We believe in Tennessee football so much that we want our younger fans to believe also. So, once again, when a new coach (even a Bama coach is introduced, we have hope once again. REGARDLESS, what the nation thinks of us, we are TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS! Off my soap box and please don't make fun of me.

Man, I get it, so do most of the fan base. We have been though hell the last 10 years, the last 10 YEARS. We are tired and hopeful at the same time. Alot us wanted to believe so much that we wanted, yes wanted, to believe Gruden would take over and prove that Tennessee football is the power house that some of us older folks remember. We believe in Tennessee football so much that we want our younger fans to believe also. So, once again, when a new coach (even a Bama coach is introduced, we have hope once again. REGARDLESS, what the nation thinks of us, we are TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS! Off my soap box and please don't make fun of me.
I feel you brother. Juilette Lewis is helping me thru these hard times, did you watch my link in the original post?

Can't say Ibe have. And brother I'm not, can't you tell from the soap box stance that I'm more of a sister than a brother.

"more of a sister than a brother"? Is that a transition or a birth thing? Ha, its all good. Kin is kin, sibling, brother or sister, or whatever in between. Dont fret on the gender aspect. We are in this tough time together. Orange is mother f***ing orange

EDIT: Also, Juilette Lewis is still great in that scene regardless of your sexual or gender circumstances

Last edited:
Not falling for the hysteria, sorry. Even if Pruitt is the best thing we could have done Good Ole Phil will figure out how to screw it all up.

I was cool with schiano, but I like Pruitt. There's absolutely no reason not to go forward with a positive mindset with great expectations...why do anything else?

I was cool with schiano, but I like Pruitt. There's absolutely no reason not to go forward with a positive mindset with great expectations...why do anything else?

Logic, indoctrination, personality...I am with you in spirit just cant shut off in my mind what I think is going to happen

Fans are lamenting "ten years" of hardship, like how could it go on one more minute? Most likely tack on five more years. We have 10 commits total right now and a coach who works for another school for at least three more weeks. Local commentators refer to it as a "black hole" class that will set the program back 2-3 more years. Fulmer's results are suboptimal at best.

And you didn't mention Schiano's less than stellar 11 - 22 win/loss record with Tampa Bay of the NFL... No Thanks! I'll stick with Pruitt and company.

And you didn't mention Schiano's less than stellar 11 - 22 win/loss record with Tampa Bay of the NFL... No Thanks! I'll stick with Pruitt and company.

Well, I hope youre correct. I didnt want either of them. I would have supported either, though. Dunno why you are high on Pruitt but lets see what he can do. I dont think he wont put in 100%, its just...you cant fix stupid. Maybe football is a different kind of intelligence but I can tell you this man is not going to "solve the Pythagorean theorem" as Don La Greca would say

So?! We didnt lose 8 games with Butch Jones or Vince Dooley's retarded son outside of either of their last years? Doesnt make them good coaches. I want offensive product on the field. I want to challenge every defense we play. Sick of this BS coward offense in the SEC east. We are NOT going to beat bama playing that Yale vs Harvard offense the little man is employing. Look at clemson last year. THROW F****** DOWN FIELD

I totally agree. I've stated before, with the rules favoring offense, you need a scoring offense to win. Nobody out defenses Ala. You have to outscore them.

I agree with you but I blame the offense. At best we are going to have a rotating door of great OCs every few years. We are already starting with a lesser Saban, who at his best is boring as hell on offense. At least with Leach, losing may have been entertaining, you know 45 to 53 or something. We got the literal "little brother" at OC coming up, no idea what to expect. Everyone is gushing over the "best staff in america" again, but what creativity do we have on offense? What are we exited for, besides recruiting?

Losing with Leach may be entertaining???? Not been entertaining for me to have a "productive offense"

Sep 29th 2012 at Number 5 Georgia Tennessee loses 44-51
October 13 at number 19 Miss St Tennessee loses 31-41
October 27th 2012 at number 17 Tennessee loses 35-38
November 10th 2012 Missouri Tennessee loses 48-51

That's what losing with a good offense feels like. That's 4 of the seven loses we had that year that "a boring lesser Saban" might have saved. Do you even watch football?

We averaged 36.16 points per game that year!
Dooly was the HC!

To put this in perspective...with Josh Dobbs and Butch's best two years:

2015: 35.23 points per game
2016: 36.38 points per game

Point is we've had offensive output...with two of the worst coaches we've had. Defense is boring, but you still can't win championships without it.

VN Store

Back