Recruit says that the offense will be explosive under Pruitt! Pruitt told him!

I don't think any offensive coordinator in the last 20 years has a system that isn't supposed to be explosive...

Reactions: 12 people
I would expect nothing less however we've been reminded the last few yrs that recruiting doesn't win games.

I'm cautiously optimistic so far, though.

Reactions: 1 person
Come on down to Tennessee where we kick lots of fgs and punt on 3rd down... Said no recruiter ever.

Reactions: 5 people
And Dooley promised his teams would be fun to watch. Hard to get excited about coach speak anymore

Reactions: 4 people
Lol. What else was he going to say? “Come to Tennessee. We are going to have the most boring and ineffective offense you’ve ever seen! Roll Tide!” That said, it is a good sign for him that his pitch appears to be working to some degree though.

Just based off the offers that have been handed out, it seems like a greater emphasis will be put on the passing game, and with Callaway, hopefully JJ, Johnson, Taylor, and another blue-chip recruit like Copeland, the receiving corps will provide plenty of punch. Just hope the O-Line can hold up long enough.

*Edit: Can't forget to include Kelly out of the backfield when discussing the passing game. Tight ends need a lot of work. Larry Scott did us no favors at that position. Hopefully Warren is a stud.

Reactions: 2 people
And Dooley promised his teams would be fun to watch. Hard to get excited about coach speak anymore

His offenses weren't terrible at times. There was substantial excitement at the potential of Justin, Da'Rick, and CP on the field at the same time. Unfortunately that didn't last long.

its the equivalent of asking a waiter "are you hamburgers good?" there's only one answer to give

JP was there to recruit ie sell the program. He's not there to degrade it

I just clicked on this link. Saw a bunch of asian women donning gas masks. Far as I got. :ermm::cray::whistling::pepper:

Attachments

• gmask.jpg
    gmask.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 19
I don't think any offensive coordinator in the last 20 years has a system that isn't supposed to be explosive...

I don't know...Butch would rather have had a complimentary football offense based on details, accountability, and toughness perfected with leadership reps.

Even if it is coach speak, I don't see how the offense could get any worse than it was this year. Butch's system was run the same play or formation 50 times and eventually we will break one for a long gain. I hope we take the delay handoff out of the playbook.

VN Store

Back