Is there a better NFL duo from a school

Than Peyton Manning and Reggie White? Does any school have anything that is comparable?

Jim brown and Donovan McNabb
Deion Sanders and Derek Brooks
Marcus Allen and Ronnie Lott
Pete Maravich and Shaq
BART Starr and The Snake
Hershel walker and Fran tarkenton
Jeff George and Duck Butkus
Tim Brown and Rudy

Reactions: 2 people
When NFL Network did their top 100 players of all time, both Manning and White were in the top ten. Tennessee was the only school to produce two top ten players, so no, there is no school with a comparable duo in that regard. However, you didn't really set parameters for comparison. Other schools have produced more first round picks, more Pro Bowlers, and more Hall of Famers.

Reactions: 8 people
The Kamara/Barnett combo this season has been pretty significant. What about other occurrences of two athletes from the same school going to the bigs in the same year and blowing up?

Reactions: 3 people
Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler, Joe Namath, Derrick Thomas and Cornelius Bennett.

While those guys are good/great, none of them compare to the NFLS all time leader in passing yards Namath(60) and Starr(75), and the NFLs 2nd (by 2) all time leading pass rusher. I love Derrick Thomas probably as much as you but he would have needed over 70 more sacks in 5 years to match White.

Reactions: 2 people
John Unitas and Lamar Jackson - Louisville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to beat two guys considered "Mount Rushmore" guys for their position in Reggie and Peyton.

They are my #1 obviously. Here's one that is often overlooked:

Mississippi Valley State
Jerry Rice and Deacon Jones

Deacon attended when it was called Mississippi Vocational College, but linearly they are the same school.

Thats a #1 no-doubt all timer and top 5 defensive all timer(who coined the phrase "sack" before it was even an official stat) from a tiny school. Darn impressive

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Bart Starr, Kenny Stabler, Joe Namath, Derrick Thomas and Cornelius Bennett.

Joe Namath is almost a joke. 178 career TDs and 220 career INTs. Trent Dilfer has a better resume. How he gets so much praise amazes me. Just because of his artificial "Broadway Joe" image. He completed a few key passes in the Super Bowl and his defense kicked butt against one of the best teams of that generation. Plus Earl Morrill decided to go braindead for 60 minutes.

Ok, I feel better now. As a huge Baltimore Colts and Johnny U fan in my youth, I have been waiting 50 years to get that off my chest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 7 people
Joe Namath is almost a joke. 178 career TDs and 220 career INTs. Trent Dilfer has a better resume. How he gets so much praise amazes me. Just because of his artificial "Broadway Joe" image. He completed a few key passes in the Super Bowl and his defense kicked butt against one of the best teams of that generation. Plus Earl Morrill decided to go braindead for 60 minutes.

Ok, I feel better now. As a huge Baltimore Colts and Johnny U fan in my youth, I have been waiting 50 years to get that off my chest.

For Bama, I would take Julio Jones over just about anybody on that list, except maybe DT

Reactions: 1 person
If you are talking a player from each side of the ball, then I would put Brady and Woodson up there and Lott and Simpson/Allen. Maybe Namath and Bennett. Not many better, if any, than the White/Manning combo though.

VN Store

Back