Official Nashville Predators Thread

Biggest need in the near term? Find a replacement for Pekka when he retires.

Seems like we have to score 4-5 goals to win a game that Sarros starts in. At least we picked up a point yesterday.

Biggest need in the near term? Find a replacement for Pekka when he retires.

Seems like we have to score 4-5 goals to win a game that Sarros starts in. At least we picked up a point yesterday.

Can't write Saaros off just yet. There's very subtle differences between being a top 8 keeper and being swiss cheese**. Just having some technical issues.

** Except for Shestyorkin, he is the 2nd coming of Tretiak and always will be.

Last edited:
I have an extra ticket to tonight's game against the Blackhawks if anyone in Nashville wants to go.

Price of admission is a beer.

I love my wife. we got home from the local high school game last night. i didn't even say anything. my wife just turned the tv on and straight to this channel.

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta stop giving up the 3rd period goals. It's gonna catch up them eventually.

Good win though, I don't like the Ducks either

It's nice to support a team with competent leadership and that knows what it's doing. Hands go up!

David Poile is one of the best GMs in any sport and made a living on doing the most with the least for many years. In more recent years, he's made moves to get some established players (Subban, Johansen, Neal, etc.) but Nashville has always lacked star power. That doesn't matter. They draft and develop at least just as good as anybody else in the league, but are a small market team. He is such an incredibly shrewd GM, whether it be via the draft, contracts, and trades. I'm still not quite sure how he pulled the Erat for Forsberg trade off a few years ago.

It's also mind-blowing that they came into the league as an expansion team and have had exactly one GM and just two different head coaches. That is insane.

Also, I wonder if the fact that Nashville isn't a hockey fishbowl lends to the team's success. Look at how a guy like P.K. Subban is thought of in Nashville versus Montreal. Montreal is just expected to be elite every year, and there is immense pressure to do so. When an uber-talented player like Subban is expected to carry the team, can't quite take them to the promised land, and doesn't "play the game the right way," he's run off along with the coaching staff. I was in Montreal for work during the NHL playoffs and found that the fans there have a very ambivalent feeling towards him. In Nashville, where a good hockey team is a nice thing to have as opposed to a demand placed on the team by the fans, he's embraced. Just like college football coaches, there are a lot of guys just more comfortable playing in certain places.

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't even been in this thread this year. Whoops.

On a serious note, I think the preds win the cup this year. When Ellis gets back in a few weeks, there's literally not a hole in the lineup. This team is scary good after the Turris trade.

VN Store

Back